Pam 25 discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 25 discontinued?

Hi I'm at a Panerai AD yesterday looking for a Pam 25 but told it was discontinued. Is it true? How can I find out if its really discontinued?

Originally posted by Atomant View Post
    Hi I'm at a Panerai AD yesterday looking for a Pam 25 but told it was discontinued. Is it true? How can I find out if its really discontinued?
    Try Ion Orchard.
    Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
    Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
    Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
    Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
    Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
    Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
    Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
    Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
    Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
      Try Ion Orchard.
      That's the AD I'm talking about. They told me Pam 25 and Daylight is discontinued. But apparently there's no news or whatsoever about discontinuance online.

Comment

Discont also no big deal....there are so many series of 25 out there to buy.

Comment

Some times I wonder if we can take these people to task if the information turns out otherwise. Especially when you the main reason you buy the watch is because it was discontinued!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Taking AD staff to task is 1 matter that I doubt it would ever happen. Sometimes it could just be the lack of training or the "can't care less" attitudes that is so prevalent in any service industry.

I rather do my research online and if I really want a particular watch, a rumor or a myth is not going to stop me, unless the watch in question was never in production in the 1st place! Like the Pam 386! Haha! I really wanted it until I found out online that it did not even produced due to problems with manufacturing... Damn.

Comment

Yes and no. Once you are employed by a company, you, as an employee (of the said company), represent your company. What comes out of your mouth, especially when you are working, means it is 'official'. Given another scenario, how different will it be now..

You walked into a watch shop and was attended by a staff. You were finding a watch you like very much and wanted to buy. You were then told by the staff that you will be given 20% discount for it. You immediately made a decision and bought the watch since you had a discount and can afford it. After making payment, the staff told you that there should be no discount for the watch and he/she made a mistake.

What will you do now?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Yes and no. Once you are employed by a company, you, as an employee (of the said company), represent your company. What comes out of your mouth, especially when you are working, means it is 'official'. Given another scenario, how different will it be now..

You walked into a watch shop and was attended by a staff. You were finding a watch you like very much and wanted to buy. You were then told by the staff that you will be given 20% discount for it. You immediately made a decision and bought the watch since you had a discount and can afford it. After making payment, the staff told you that there should be no discount for the watch and he/she made a mistake.

What will you do now?
                Good question!

I purchased a purse for my wife at a store and the SA told me it was S$2.4k. Which I agreed but she after taking my credit card, she went back to swipe the card but after a few mins, she returned with her manager and told me that the purse was retailing at S$2.6k and she was really apologetic about it. She asked if we still would like to go ahead with the purchase.

Initially, I was a bit annoyed but from her sincerity and the apologies from her and her manager, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. In the end, to pacify us, they threw in a few freebies. The freebies, are freebies, anyways, so it didn't matter much, but from the way that they tried to rectify the issue, my wife and I are satisfied and are now repeat customers.

I know that my scenario may be slightly different, but I believe that if a resolution can be achieved, why not.

However, from your scenario, if it blows my budget by up to 20% and if the payment has gone through, I would insist on voiding the payment. Getting the 20% discount based on a mistake of the SA, it just doesn't sit well with me. I could go home happy with the "20% discount" but it is at the expense of a SA.

I know that some may believe that as the SA has made a mistake, the company should bear the cost and write it off.

Well, there are 2 ways of looking at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

What will you do now?
                  Happened to me during a recent trip to Europe. I was sourcing for my first PAM before my trip, so emailed all the ADs in Switzerland and Italy. All quoted me about the same price, but 1 of them in Switzerland quoted me nearly S$500 cheaper than the rest. I had the confirmation it's P series (2013), thus I told the staff to order it for me.

When I arrived at the shop, she calculated and quoted me the same as other ADs. I was rather puzzled because we had agreed on the price via email. Upon checking her email again, she realized she had given me additional 8% tax rebate on the tax-free price. Her face was a little black, but she got to honor the deal.

I walked out a very happy man, and used that S$500 savings to buy a Prada wallet hehehe =)
                  Last edited by behyx; 17-06-13, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                    Good question!

I purchased a purse for my wife at a store and the SA told me it was S$2.4k. Which I agreed but she after taking my credit card, she went back to swipe the card but after a few mins, she returned with her manager and told me that the purse was retailing at S$2.6k and she was really apologetic about it. She asked if we still would like to go ahead with the purchase.

Initially, I was a bit annoyed but from her sincerity and the apologies from her and her manager, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. In the end, to pacify us, they threw in a few freebies. The freebies, are freebies, anyways, so it didn't matter much, but from the way that they tried to rectify the issue, my wife and I are satisfied and are now repeat customers.

I know that my scenario may be slightly different, but I believe that if a resolution can be achieved, why not.

However, from your scenario, if it blows my budget by up to 20% and if the payment has gone through, I would insist on voiding the payment. Getting the 20% discount based on a mistake of the SA, it just doesn't sit well with me. I could go home happy with the "20% discount" but it is at the expense of a SA.

I know that some may believe that as the SA has made a mistake, the company should bear the cost and write it off.

Well, there are 2 ways of looking at it!
                    Originally posted by behyx View Post
                    Happened to me during a recent trip to Europe. I was sourcing for my first PAM before my trip, so emailed all the ADs in Switzerland and Italy. All quoted me about the same price, but 1 of them in Switzerland quoted me nearly S$500 cheaper than the rest. I had the confirmation it's P series (2013), thus I told the staff to order it for me.

When I arrived at the shop, she calculated and quoted me the same as other ADs. I was rather puzzled because we had agreed on the price via email. Upon checking her email again, she realized she had given me additional 8% tax rebate on the tax-free price. Her face was a little black, but she got to honor the deal.

I walked out a very happy man, and used that S$500 savings to buy a Prada wallet hehehe =)
                    These are two apt scenarios and with two very different 'endings'. I appreciate that you guys shared, thank you

I think we may have to stop here or carry on this meaningful topic to another section or even I, may be 'banned' for going off topic..hehe.. Coming back to TS', I think it is best to clarify this "discontinuation" with Officine Panerai HQ if the sole and main reason for you to decide a purchase is on this very fact.

Good luck!
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It would be nice to hear an official statement from Panerai HQ!

Was looking at the Pam 25 as my 1st sub but luckily I stayed my hand and chose a 389 instead!

Good luck to TS and hope to hear from you with regards to any update!

Comment

Anyway, I heard from various sources on the discontinuation of the PAM210 three years ago.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi it a tick this 25 discon but soon a new serial will be out!this is pam practise

Comment

Was at Panerai ION today and once again was told by the sales staff of the discontinuation of Pam 25 and daylight. True enough I was told to look at the serial number it's a 'P' serial and down to the last 100 in production. So my question is that if Panerai is going to start off with a new alphabet, would they limit the 'P' serial to 100 pieces? How many do they produce normally per serial alphabet?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X