Pam 441 arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 441 arrived today!

Howdy! My first Pam arrived today! Finally! After 7 days of waiting and almost a whole year of procrastination, its here!

About a year ago, I started looking into Panerai watches and was attracted to the 114. I like arabic numerals and the white dial. Then came the 113 which the second hand was useful for me as I do photography. These were using mechanical movement which I thought was a little cumbersome to have to wind the watch every few days. Then I started looking at the 164. Gave that up and decided to go for the 359 instead because of the dirty dial and in-house movement. I had one reserved for me at the AD I frequent. On the day of collection, I was told the one I reserved was sold to another customer instead! Imagine my dsappointment!

So I went to ION to try my luck and that's when I saw the 441. I am glad that the 359 I reserved was sold because the 441 looks so much nicer! Didn't get it from the boutique though. Decided to approcah another AD at MBS and whaddayaknow!!!!! They told me they could get the 441 for me within a week! Not taking any chances, I paid full for it and waited...... that was last Tuesday. Got a call from the AD this afternoon and my 441 had arrived! Left the office early and rushed down to MBS to collect it.

What can I say? Mine looked nicer than the one I saw at ION

Originally posted by gallardofever View Post
    Howdy! My first Pam arrived today! Finally! After 7 days of waiting and almost a whole year of procrastination, its here!

About a year ago, I started looking into Panerai watches and was attracted to the 114. I like arabic numerals and the white dial. Then came the 113 which the second hand was useful for me as I do photography. These were using mechanical movement which I thought was a little cumbersome to have to wind the watch every few days. Then I started looking at the 164. Gave that up and decided to go for the 359 instead because of the dirty dial and in-house movement. I had one reserved for me at the AD I frequent. On the day of collection, I was told the one I reserved was sold to another customer instead! Imagine my dsappointment!

So I went to ION to try my luck and that's when I saw the 441. I am glad that the 359 I reserved was sold because the 441 looks so much nicer! Didn't get it from the boutique though. Decided to approcah another AD at MBS and whaddayaknow!!!!! They told me they could get the 441 for me within a week! Not taking any chances, I paid full for it and waited...... that was last Tuesday. Got a call from the AD this afternoon and my 441 had arrived! Left the office early and rushed down to MBS to collect it.

What can I say? Mine looked nicer than the one I saw at ION
    Awesome!! Wrist shots please!

Comment

Show us some pictures.. Would love to see it.. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks folks. Will take some photos in better light tomorrow.

Got a question. I switched off the lights in the room but the luminous paint on the watch doesn't seem to be working. I get a faint glow and its not enough to make out the numerals. Anyone? Thanks again.

Comment

Are the lights in your room bright? The lume need to "charge" to be bright before it slowly fade off
          Current babies:
          Sub 16610LN D series
          PAM 312 M series
          IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
          116613LB?
          a good White dial watch

Comment

Thanks. I did quick measurement. Its about 300 lux in my room. What do you mean by "charge"? I got to expose the watch to a light source? Sunlight? Thanks!

Comment

A quick way to show off the lume is to have a flashlight app on your phone..shining it on your PAM for 5secs will introduce a bright green luscious lume that is visible even in a bright room..heh heh!

Comment

Nice watch.

I was offered 441 in Paris 2 days ago for a good price but decided to choose another watch. May be next time.
                Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

a quickie with the iphone.....

pam 00441 by arkitectural photography, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
                    Nice watch.

I was offered 441 in Paris 2 days ago for a good price but decided to choose another watch. May be next time.
                    Which one did you get? Mine is 02xx/1500 so you still have some time to get it

Comment

Bro, care to share whats ur damage? Might wanna get that 441 as well. Thanks in advance...

Comment

Sure. $14,250 sfter discount.

Comment

Thanks... Gotta start saving now...

Comment

Beautiful! Drool drool!

Comment

Originally posted by gallardofever View Post
                              Sure. $14,250 sfter discount.

very beautiful piece. what is the list price for 441?
                              You can still get 3% rebate from Sands

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X