Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai ceramic casing

Howdy folks!

I've ordered a Pam 00441 with the local AD and I've got a question. Hope you folks would be able to share your experience. I've heard some horror tales about the ceramic casing being brittle and not able to withstand impact e.g. a drop. That kinda worries me a bit. Anyone wearing a ceramica? How do you think they've coped so far? Thanks!

I've had 2 ceramic Pams before, but fortunately I've never dropped them, so can't comment on how brittle the material is. One is a daily watch, and has proven to be quite hardy. Couple of knocks while on the wrist, but no scratches or marks. The matte surface of the ceramic, however, does trap finger oils, so the watch surface does start looking a bit shinier (but not glossy) after a while.

There are 2 documented cases of a 317 and a 384 (I had both) with broken crown guard/cases that needed full replacements. If you're careful with your watches I think you'll be fine. That said, ceramic is not impossible to scratch. The ceramic insert on a Rolex GMT I had got scratched when I brushed it against a stone post.

Comment

Thanks! I do have the occasional knocks here and there too. I wear my watches on my left hand so I think I will ask my wife to walk on my left from now on. I will hold her right hand so she can "buffer" the knocks. Hurhurhur..... )

Comment

That would work if she's not wearing a destro. Hahaha...

Originally posted by gallardofever View Post
        Thanks! I do have the occasional knocks here and there too. I wear my watches on my left hand so I think I will ask my wife to walk on my left from now on. I will hold her right hand so she can "buffer" the knocks. Hurhurhur..... )

Comment

she wears a BR 03 white ceramic on the right hand. Let's hope the 2 won't "kiss" too often...... hurhurhur.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X