No announcement yet.

Getting a Pam watch... Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro, just something in general feelings and dont take it personally.

It's all about the supply and demand. if there are buyers willing to offer higher, If you are the seller would you reply
    The price stated is already grey market price and we are not talking about AD or boutique.

Plus the price in europe have increased therefore the price and mindset will have to be adjust accordingly as well. In matter of one month my purchases also went up more than $500 in april which by right I was on their waitlist. The supply/demand curve is a upwards bias.

Last time a brand new japanese car is 50k, but now costed 100k for the same thing. People are still buying and people are also wishing the price to drop back to same price. Maybe that will happen but when?

Originally posted by ugllyfat View Post
    IMO - buy a new pam..

Buying 2nd hand is a bit diff as seller want to sell high & buyer want to buy low..

For myself, i did some homework for new pam 312 price.. Around 7.8k for N, 8.3 for O & 8.8 for P ( grey dealers)

Apparently when I offer 7 to 7.2k for O series.. I'm consider LOWBALLER cos seller never even reply..

*sigh*

It's like 12% of new price but..

So I think best is buy a new watch.. Forum have a few sellers selling at gd price.. Pay cash & buy from them..

Alternative use credit promo to buy.. Use instalment.. ( O series 10400 from cortina, May bank 8% off.. Interest free for installment).. No need to worry about authenticity..

* JUST MY 2 CENTS HOPE I NEVER OFFEND ANYONE*

Comment

For the 75% for Europe, does it include base models?

Comment

Good job nimm in trying to illustrate the situation.
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

I started with a 4K budget..but fell for the PAM111 and there goes the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesu View Post
            I don't think so as basically no discount given for PAM000 or PAM111.
            Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
            Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
            Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
            Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
            Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
            Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
            Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
            Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
            Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
            Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
              a general guide for panerai prices in singapore:
              buy from ion boutique - 100% of retail, no discount
              buy from local AD bnib - 90% of retail, ADs typically give 5-10% discount
              buy from europe bnib - 75% of retail (due to AD discount + VAT rebate)
              buy from gray dealers bnib - 80% of retail (yes, gray dealers earn 5% commission)
              buy preown direct from owners - 65% of retail (cheapest of all, some can even go below 60%)
              buy preown from shops - 70% of retail (preown shops style - lowball sellers, highball buyers)

quote an eg now with pam312 using above % - current local retail $10,400
              buy from ion - $10,400
              buy from local AD bnib - $9,500
              buy from europe bnib - $7,800
              buy from gray dealers bnib - $8,300
              buy preown direct from owners - $6,800
              buy preown from shops - $7,400

the above % apply to rolex as well, but not other brands (eg iwc, breitling, omega, cartier, AP, etc typically have poorer resale value than panerai and rolex, and ADs typically give very large discounts upfront for these other brands)

dont get me started on lower tier like b&r, sinn, oris, tag heuer, etc... these have #$@%! resale value

Pre-owned depends on number of years owned and whether any original warranty left when purchase.
              Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
              Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
              Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
              Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
              Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
              Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
              Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
              Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
              Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
              Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
                I don't think so as basically no discount given for PAM000 or PAM111.
                Oh, then SG better in this sense, should be able to squeeze out 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeusleo View Post
                  Bro, just something in general feelings and dont take it personally.

It's all about the supply and demand. if there are buyers willing to offer higher, If you are the seller would you reply
                  The price stated is already grey market price and we are not talking about AD or boutique.

Plus the price in europe have increased therefore the price and mindset will have to be adjust accordingly as well. In matter of one month my purchases also went up more than $500 in april which by right I was on their waitlist. The supply/demand curve is a upwards bias.

Last time a brand new japanese car is 50k, but now costed 100k for the same thing. People are still buying and people are also wishing the price to drop back to same price. Maybe that will happen but when?
                  Yes. I understand perfectly, no hard feelings.

Like I mention it's a bit difficult to achieve a compromise as seller wants high & buyer wants low..

The supply demand curve is the higher demand, the lesser supply = the higher price..

Branded goods price are always going up but never down even when the supply is surplus.. Applicable to new not pre-loved..

IMO -

For your case, wait list n they up the price ( new watch I assume) no choice. In your shoe I will also LL pay additional 500.

I offer less about 12-14% off the new price for a 2nd hand watch with some warranty left to a certain extent i think its quite reasonable then again if I'm the seller I won't mind if someone is willing to pay more..

Pre-loved watch, eg 312 K series for 7k+ or O series for 7.8-8k... I think till date their watch is still waiting for new owners.. 一个愿挨一个愿打 than can seal the deal...

Using the car as example is not very good as the price of car is high due to COE..

*Anyone who read this pls read with an open heart, I just express my opinion & kill time in this forum. Should anyone feels that I offended him/her... I would like to apologise here.*

Comment

Originally posted by potus65 View Post
                    I started with a 4K budget..but fell for the PAM111 and there goes the budget.
                    just my 2 cent. if you like the 111, wait for the 510. this is supposed to replace the 111 over time i reckon. it's about $100 more than the 111 but uses a new in-house 8-days movement.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                      just my 2 cent. if you like the 111, wait for the 510. this is supposed to replace the 111 over time i reckon. it's about $100 more than the 111 but uses a new in-house 8-days movement.
                      Panerai movement especially newly released ones may not be as good and reliable as ETA

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesu View Post
                        Absolutely zero discount for PAM000/005. Quite often, you can't even find these 2 pieces. I think production for P series 000/005 got further reduced. difficult to get any discount on PAM111/112 as well

Euro nearly 1.7 now. Plus retail prices in Europe has been increased recently. I think saving of buying from Europe is vanishing quickly

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                          any idea how thick is the 510? afraid later it turned out very thick unlike 111 even with a inhouse mvt

Comment

Originally posted by lufu View Post
                            Absolutely zero discount for PAM000/005. Quite often, you can't even find these 2 pieces. I think production for P series 000/005 got further reduced. difficult to get any discount on PAM111/112 as well

Euro nearly 1.7 now. Plus retail prices in Europe has been increased recently. I think saving of buying from Europe is vanishing quickly
                            I hope to get the 112 before they disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by lufu View Post
                              Panerai movement especially newly released ones may not be as good and reliable as ETA
                              The inhouse movements cannot be that bad since Panerai has been slowly releasing them since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                                The inhouse movements cannot be that bad since Panerai has been slowly releasing them since 2006.
                                Some of the early ones e.g P9000 yes. But P5000 in 2013. That's new

End of day. As long as one is happy to put their money on it. Who cares.

Personally I won't only because Panerai hasn't got a long history of making movements like the JLC, Patak etc

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X