sweaty hands with leather straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweaty hands with leather straps

Hi guys, anyone has problem with sweaty hands and leather straps. Due to my nature of work i do perspire alot, as such i seldom wear leather strap watch.. Hence i usually wear steel or rubber watch straps. With a pending pam purchase i wonder if it is a good idea to get. knowing that i might not wear it as much because if sweat does get into leather strap.. Would it shorten the life span or even cause it to smell bad. Any one here have similar situation and chosen not to buy pam or buy a kelvar strap to go with it. Guess a rolex wou
    d not be an issue
    Everyone has only 24 hours a day... what are you going to do about it?

Hey Joe, thought most PAMs come with rubber straps? That should solve your issue since its washable...

Definitely sweat smells bad on leather strap and shorten it's life span

If you really like the leather strap feel of a PAM, and do not wish to "waste" the original PAM's leather strap, you should consider getting an OEM strap. There are a few reputable advertisers here to fulfil that need..Click on their ads to go to their webpages...

Enjoy your PAM ya
    Last edited by shou.biao.kuang; 11-05-13, 02:46 PM. Reason: Errors...

Comment

2 possible solutions; out in the OEM rubber strap or stock up some cheap leather straps.

Keep the expensive straps for cooler weather usage.

Comment

I perspire quite a lot also. Had the same concerns back then but I opted to buy aftermarket straps and preserve the original ones. Quality as compared to original depends on how much you pay for the after market strap.

Better still u can afford to frequently change new strap after they turned smelly or dirty.

Comment

don't need to worry about the straps, actually for bracelets it's equally easily affected by sweat -> take a look at the gaps in the links and lugs area, you will notice a lot of dirt and grime.

anyway, even OEM straps can be bought for few hundred bucks if they get worn out, so it's not the end of the world and not a big deal at all. good quality third party straps can be bought for 100-200 plus.

i wouldn't put aside buying a pam just because of the strap thing...
          elusive

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
            Hey Joe, thought most PAMs come with rubber straps? That should solve your issue since its washable...

Definitely sweat smells bad on leather strap and shorten it's life span

If you really like the leather strap feel of a PAM, and do not wish to "waste" the original PAM's leather strap, you should consider getting an OEM strap. There are a few reputable advertisers here to fulfil that need..Click on their ads to go to their webpages...

Enjoy your PAM ya

Thanks no PAM yet.. hmm guess ok am eyeing a sub and possibly putting on leather.. guess can do that..

Comment

Thanks.. guess OEM the way to go then...

Comment

Originally posted by tay.joe View Post
                Hi guys, anyone has problem with sweaty hands and leather straps. Due to my nature of work i do perspire alot, as such i seldom wear leather strap watch.. Hence i usually wear steel or rubber watch straps. With a pending pam purchase i wonder if it is a good idea to get. knowing that i might not wear it as much because if sweat does get into leather strap.. Would it shorten the life span or even cause it to smell bad. Any one here have similar situation and chosen not to buy pam or buy a kelvar strap to go with it. Guess a rolex wou
                d not be an issue
                Me too sweat a lot, I still have a Pam 299 (In bracelet) I do also have a few leather straps but seldom wear them, will only wear them when I'm in aircon environment.

Comment

Original Calf strap from Panerai cost $320. What is $320 against price of a PAM?

Not to mention there are even cheap $50 type strap if one is not willing to pay a few hundred dollars for a strap

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X