Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submersible 305 as my first PAM or Rolex Exp2

Hi,
    I am about to decide on a new watch either a Rolex Exp II or a new/used PAM 305. My usual sales agent guy told me 305 is usually not what first time buyer for PAM cause it is big and bulky and rather thick actually and they say many of the guys don't really like them.. have a hard time deciding. I put on a PAM 233 on my wrist to try and somehow I don't really like it on my wrist the dome shape..

I do have a fondness of submersible or sports model.. Have a Omega Seamaster and U1 which are my go to watch.. .. my B&R not much business.. any thoughts.. or if any bro have a 305 can share your thoughts before I move away from PAM for good and focus on Rolex.. and maybe an IWC. I have a 7.2 inch wrist btw.. so I can pull off a 47mm..

Joe
    Everyone has only 24 hours a day... what are you going to do about it?

Will be a Pam305 if u can pull of a 47mm.

Cheers!

Comment

The 305 will be another iconic diver to add to ur diver duo of seamaster and u1. Explorer 2 is a different watch altogether.

Go with your heart
      elusive

Comment

My personal opinion is to go for something that is "universal size" ... Exp II is a better choice, not too thick and you can go casual or formal, at least it can fit under your long sleeves. Pam is a bit too thick for me and that watch is not an option for me when I need to put on long sleeves ... But ultimately the choice is yours, just buy what you like cause I always believe that will never be your last watch (Quote from our forum brother ... Watch is like a potato chips, you will never stop at one)

Comment

305 if u like big watch

Comment

had the 305 before.
            Unusual for a first time panerai owner, but defintely a head-turner as it's more distinctive than the run of the mill 44mm luminors, the specific model of which can be a little difficult to discern from a distance as they look too similar. if you have a moderate sized - large wrist, should be no problem pulling the 305 off. The 305 is clearly discernable as it's the only submersible which has 2 baton bars at 12oclock rather than the number 12 itself (other than the bronzo and antimagnetic). Also one of the few submersibles without the date cyclops. These, the large flat bezel, and the dark brooding titanium hue give it a very hard/edgy tool-like look.

The new ex2 by rolex imho seems to be less popular than its diver counterparts, which may explain why prices for bnib pieces have dropped to (lowest seen here on sgroc) sub-8k. ?Probably because of its odd extra large orange GMT hand? i find that it makes the watch look quite comical together with its enlarged 42mm case diam. thks.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys..i will buy both but now have to see which one with the right price comes along first. Thanks again for your kind advice..
              Everyone has only 24 hours a day... what are you going to do about it?

Comment

Any idea which one will hold better value over time? Rolex or Pam?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X