Why I choose a Pam 233 over a Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefty View Post
    233 is probably the best all round Pam with looks, functionality, x-factor and appeal. But Panerai decided to further milk it and released 270, 275, 311, 317, 335, 401 adding 2 days power reserve here, automatic there, dlc here, chrono function there, but all in all looking the same, yet at insane prices citing "special Edts", "ltd run" and whatever fanciful terms.

A Daytona, is a Daytona. Period. It existed since the 60s and will continue to exist. If you want a chrono for a Rolex, there is only one Daytona.

If you want a 3 days / 5 days / 7 days / 8 days / 10 days + GMT function or any other fanciful combinations / materials / case designs from a Panerai, you have at least 100 models to choose from. And each one may just end up being more "special" then the other upon each yearly release.

*hope u get my drift*

Nonetheless, your money, your choice. I spent mine on a 24 and that's as good as it gets with my Panerai affair. LOL
    +2!

But Rolex also know how to milk....
    Daytona white face, black face, steel, two tone, rose gold, white gold etc...
    Submariner with date, without date, steel, two tone, hulk, smurf, etc....

Just buy the watch(es) that appeal to your heart.
    I like watches with hour, minute, second and date complications (min.) if got power reserve indicator and long power reserve lagi better!

Comment

Originally posted by ssureal View Post
      Thanks satch and phillyboy

But somehow the Daytona lost it's appeal for me...maybe a AP in a distant future haha...a working class hero can't keep buying watches
      My exact sentiments... somehow when i pick up a daytona, my heart doesn't race (no pun intended) as fast as when i'm winding up my 372

for us working class, buying another watch is a motivation to work harder =D
      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
        233 is probably the best all round Pam with looks, functionality, x-factor and appeal. But Panerai decided to further milk it and released 270, 275, 311, 317, 335, 401 adding 2 days power reserve here, automatic there, dlc here, chrono function there, but all in all looking the same, yet at insane prices citing "special Edts", "ltd run" and whatever fanciful terms.

A Daytona, is a Daytona. Period. It existed since the 60s and will continue to exist. If you want a chrono for a Rolex, there is only one Daytona.

If you want a 3 days / 5 days / 7 days / 8 days / 10 days + GMT function or any other fanciful combinations / materials / case designs from a Panerai, you have at least 100 models to choose from. And each one may just end up being more "special" then the other upon each yearly release.

*hope u get my drift*

Nonetheless, your money, your choice. I spent mine on a 24 and that's as good as it gets with my Panerai affair. LOL

You are right that Panerai making many models that look alike, but that's the attraction for a Pam fan. To say they are milking it maybe a little critical.

Just a thought.. Actually Rolex is as guilty as all brands of watches in "milking it" take the milgauss as an example... Change a green glass and call it a limited edition anniversary model..and charges a premium over it lol. So you are correct when it's my cash and my choice

Comment

Can't agree more on 233
          Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
          Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
          Rolex Seadweller 126600
          Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Tudor Pelagos LHD
          Panerai 233
          Panerai 104
          Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
          Sinn Ultimate U