Changing Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Straps

Hi, may i know normally how long you use a strap before swapping with another strap to prolong the lifespan of your calf or alligator strap? Thanks.

Originally posted by melvin76 View Post
    Hi, may i know normally how long you use a strap before swapping with another strap to prolong the lifespan of your calf or alligator strap? Thanks.
    I swap straps accordingly to what clothes/shoes I am wearing, so the longest I wear a strap is only 1 week.

Comment

The more often you swap your strap, the longer it will last.(typically)
      Just like shoes, if you wear it everyday, it'll wear out a lot faster but if you have multiple pairs that you swap around, they last for years.
      It also depends on the quality of the leather too.

Comment

no fixed length of time before changing strap, i guess depends on mood or anything nice that comes along...
        elusive

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
          I swap straps accordingly to what clothes/shoes I am wearing, so the longest I wear a strap is only 1 week.
          Haha me too but I'm on rubber or asso most!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the input. So may i know what sort of cream shud i be using? Got a golden JV alligator strap which i bought fm a bro here in SG-ROC, which i would very much like to give some extra care on Thanks!

Comment

I read this in another forum:

I have had a few croc straps and found beeswax to be one of the best ways to care for it. I just found this on the internet "Ideally, you should clean your alligator, crocodile or other exotic leather accessory every few months with a clean damp cloth or with a cleaner specifically intended for such exotic leathers. After a cleaning, it is very important to condition the leather to replace the lost emollients and to moisturize and reseal the leather. A great natural product to condition, moisturize and reseal exotic leather is beeswax. A light coating of extra fine beeswax, gently rubbed into the leather and then lightly buffed off, is all that is required to preserve and protect the skin. Some of these beeswax products may include carnuba wax."

And from the experience of a custom leather watch strap maker :do try to keep your straps away from water and excessive sweat as best you can so you can get a longer life out of them.

Currently I don't do much maintenance as I don't wear my croc straps that often, maybe 3 times in the last 2 months!!

Comment

I assume most leather care products for shoes etc can be used. But don't take my word for it though... Do test on a small area in case the product darkens the leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcfire View Post
                  I assume most leather care products for shoes etc can be used. But don't take my word for it though... Do test on a small area in case the product darkens the leather.
                  I bought a leather cleaner and conditioner from Ant of Straps66 for my straps.

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                    I bought a leather cleaner and conditioner from Ant of Straps66 for my straps.
                    Is this cleaner and conditioner locally available? Thanks.

Comment

will it be hard to replace the strap by our own?

Comment

Originally posted by theyiqin View Post
                        will it be hard to replace the strap by our own?
                        Pam is easy, they provide a tool. For most others you needa get a tool, not expensive and not hard to do yourself

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                          no fixed length of time before changing strap, i guess depends on mood or anything nice that comes along...
                          same same!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X