Winding Question for Pam 372

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
    Thanks for response. So that means just wind with courage until it stops. I have yet to do this on any of my manual-wind watches before due to the same fear. On the 372, i estimate it will probably be about 90-100 full turns.

I note that someone posted earlier in the same thread that he makes 250 half-turns (180degree turns), which means 125 full turns. I really think this is verging on the borders of danger.
    no problem. i don't count the number of turns, i just keep winding until it won't go anymore. takes some time. i was told that unless you are complete klutz, the 372 cannot be overwound. wind with confidence!

Comment

Not unless you have the tools.

Originally posted by nimm12
      Can a owner easily change the plexi at home like changing the strap?

Comment

Thanks!

And just another strange question relating to the 372 movt:
        There is a large cogwheel that is almost entirely hidden under the bridge-plate (where the 6-digit movt number etched at its edge). Approx 30% of the teeth can be seen.

My question is, when we wind the watch up, does this cogwheel turn smoothly/uniformly? Or does it seem to jerk in a start-stop-start-stop fashion? Mine seems to behave in the latter manner.

I know this could be normal, but it could also mean something very wrong with my watch. Would appreciate some feedback from those who own the 372. Thanks!
        "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

You're missing the point here. First, Richemont can set whatever price they want to set, with or without a replacement plexi... it is of no consequence to how they set the price. Secondly, from Richemont's perspective, it's cheaper to make an additional plastic crystal and bundle it in, than to maintain inventory, handle the distribution, etc, etc. And lastly, plexi crystals last decades and unless there are major gashes, owners prize the "vintagey" look of worn plexi. I doubt Richemont wants to maintain inventory for that long just for one model. And from an owner's perspective, I don't want to be in a position to put up "WTB NOS PAM 372 crystals" years from now and pay through the nose to dodgy dealers. So all in all, I'd say "thank you" for including a spare plexi crystal

my point exactly, why include a plexi with the sales when owners cannot readily change it on their own at home?
          could have excluded the plexi and sell the watch at a lower retail price

btw plexi scratches are very easily removed (but very easily kena also), and much cheaper to replace than sapphire
          (last check with richemont, a 233 dome sapphire cost $1k+ to replace!)

Comment

it doesnt makes sense to bundle something which owners cant readily use at home
            one reason is to proof plexi are vulnerable to scratches or cracks
            the other reason is sales gimmick

that being said, if they could bundle sapphire crystals for my 233 and 312, i'd be most glad to take it
            going by your logic, what's the point of bundling sapphire crystals? u won't be able to change it yourself.

i don't see how it's a sales gimmick. whether the plexi is bundled or not is inconsequential, how many pple is going to look at it and say "oh no additional plexiglass, i don't want". furthermore, it costs much less to replace in comparison with sapphire. it's just a good gesture on richemont/panerai's part.

Comment

Guys you are all going off track for this thread. Please take the plexi issue out on another.

Comment

Guys you are all going off track for this thread. Please take the plexi issue out on another.
                sorry bro.... let me take my 372 out tonight and get back to you on that wheel you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by infinitesadness View Post
                  sorry bro.... let me take my 372 out tonight and get back to you on that wheel you mentioned.
                  I don't think you were the culprit. But anyway, thanks for checking on this. I've also posted the same question on WUS to see the spread of responses.

Comment

Thanks!

And just another strange question relating to the 372 movt:
                    There is a large cogwheel that is almost entirely hidden under the bridge-plate (where the 6-digit movt number etched at its edge). Approx 30% of the teeth can be seen.

My question is, when we wind the watch up, does this cogwheel turn smoothly/uniformly? Or does it seem to jerk in a start-stop-start-stop fashion? Mine seems to behave in the latter manner.

I know this could be normal, but it could also mean something very wrong with my watch. Would appreciate some feedback from those who own the 372. Thanks!
                    mine seems to judder as well. it does not move synchronously with the crown. hope this helps.

Comment

Well it certainly puts me at ease. Still waiting to hear from others and also from WUS members.

Thanks for checking on this!

Comment

think u will have better luck and more responses if you post on the paneristi forum

Comment

went to panerai ION and asked to check this up on their own 372 - it does the same thing so i guess it is normal for the cogwheel to behave this way

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X