Winding Question for Pam 372

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding Question for Pam 372

This question is going out to those who have Pam 372, How do you know when you have full wind the Pam 372 ? Unlike the Pam422 where you have a PR behind to tell you when to stop.
    Thanks in advance.

Just wind until can't wind anymore. U will feel more and more tension as the mainspring becomes fully wound.
    elusive

Comment

You can't over wind the Pam 372, you can feel the "spring back" when you reach the full compression of the spring . For me I do a full wind of approx 250 turns ( 180 deg) , it could be there plus minus.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        I am worried that I might overwind and damage the main spring.
        I tried counting the no. of winds to reach full 3 days on the Pam 422 and it is about 90 turns.

Comment

90 full-360 turns?

Originally posted by watchguy81 View Post
          Thanks for the info.
          I am worried that I might overwind and damage the main spring.
          I tried counting the no. of winds to reach full 3 days on the Pam 422 and it is about 90 turns.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, yes 90 full 360degrees turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Humara21 View Post
              You can't over wind the Pam 372, you can feel the "spring back" when you reach the full compression of the spring . For me I do a full wind of approx 250 turns ( 180 deg) , it could be there plus minus.
              I just acquired the 372 model.

The "spring back"/recoil can be felt even after 20-30 turns of the crown and this is not enough to wind the watch fully. How tight does it have to get before knowing that you've reached the limit?

Wind until the crown refuses to budge further? I am paranoid that this would risk snapping the mainspring.
              "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

just keeping winding until the crown doesn't budge.... it's pretty obvious.

halfway thru you will start to feel some resistance. if you are more sensitive you might misread this and being fully wound. just keep going.

Comment

Usually, I just give the watch a few winds (about 10-20) to start it again. Then I'll wear it. Is it necessary to wind it fully after it stopped?

Comment

oops.. apologies.

Comment

OT a bit. Fellow 372 owners, does your watch come with spare plexiglass?

Comment

Originally posted by Spike123 View Post
                        OT a bit. Fellow 372 owners, does your watch come with spare plexiglass?
                        yes 372 comes with with extra plexi glass.

not sure about the 372 but when my 422 is fully wound, it feels similar to a eta 2824 or valjoux 7750, it clicks.
                        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Yes, if you cannot find it, remove the whole inner section from the wooden box, flip the cloth down, look at the side you will the spare plexi in a container . A bit hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by infinitesadness View Post
                            just keeping winding until the crown doesn't budge.... it's pretty obvious.

halfway thru you will start to feel some resistance. if you are more sensitive you might misread this and being fully wound. just keep going.
                            Thanks for response. So that means just wind with courage until it stops. I have yet to do this on any of my manual-wind watches before due to the same fear. On the 372, i estimate it will probably be about 90-100 full turns.

I note that someone posted earlier in the same thread that he makes 250 half-turns (180degree turns), which means 125 full turns. I really think this is verging on the borders of danger.
                            "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

And why not? Plexi isn't expensive, so it's a nice gesture that Panerai was thoughtful enough to include a spare one. Yes, plexi is more prone to scratches, as I have witnessed on my 372. Then again, they're quite easily buffed off.

Originally posted by nimm12
                              Why on earth is 372 supplied with another plexi? To proof that plexi scratches very easily?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X