Need for strap tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for strap tubes?

It's probably gonna be a silly question.. Just got this really cool looking vintage strap that comes without tubes.. Can I just use the stock panerai bars directly with the straps, or is it really recommended to get a pair of oem tubes? The tubes make it easier for the bars to pass through and make the strap easier to manoeuve but not sure if its a form of protective reinforcement for the bars as I am afraid that using the bars without the tube will put too much pressure on the bars.. Will appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
    Last edited by panAM; 09-12-12, 09:02 PM.

Originally posted by panAM View Post
    It's probably gonna be a silly question.. Just got this really cool looking vintage strap that comes without tubes.. Can I just use the lugs directly with the straps, or is it really recommended to get a pair of oem tubes? The tubes make it easier for the lugs to pass through and make the strap easier to manoeuve but not sure if its a form of protective reinforcement for the lugs.. Will appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
    dont sound silly to me, individual preference. Oh i nvr have difficulties pushing the screw thru the leather strap hole. I thought having the tubes in the strap holes would make my heart pond faster afraid i might scratch the inner lugs...

fyi i dont use them anymore..
    Last edited by louie; 09-12-12, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, bro Louie ..

Comment

Originally posted by panAM View Post
        Thanks for sharing, bro Louie ..
        anytime panAM bro, just don't bother with the tubes esp those models with quick strap change systems you lagi no need tubes...

If you are using tubes, esp those aftermarket ones the edge of them are sharp man..seriously i dont bother abt tubing for a long time already.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X