Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam GMT

Dear all,
    Looking to get my 2nd PAM as travel watch....any recommendation? My 1st Pam is 359.. There are so many models of PAM GMT.....too spoilt for choice so wonder anyone had the similar situation as I am and which model you had go far? Any specific reason or function that PAM attracts you?
    My budget is within 10k.....

Cheers

Pam88

88 = fa fa = huat huat la

Nice watch with date, sub second and GMT function and very reasonable price for preown around $6500 to $7000 now
    you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

Imho pam297.

Comment

PAM 297 GMT.

Comment

If you can pay more, get one with the 24hr dot or am/pm indicator. Like the 233.

Comment

Trade the 359 for a 320? U get the same casing feel, clean dial and gmt hand. Cheers.

Comment

Since you already have 359, then should get 233. I have both 320 and 233. 233 wins hands down

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.....still trying to decide......arrrgghh....

233 i see some have that am/pm....some dont have?

321 is too similar to my 359.....

I chance upon a thread saying PAM GMT is difficult to adjust? Or specificaly Pam88? Any owners of 321,233 and 88 to comment?
                I have the GMTiic......Ya, I like GMT watches....hehee...

Quote: from thread http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/39627-...ighlight=pam88

" it depends on how are you going to use the GMT hand.

Setting the GMT time on the 88 is a pain unlike the GMTII. there's no independent hour hands setting on the 88.

if you travel quite freqently through different time zones and require to track multiple time quickly, the GMTII is the best. you can actually use the main hour hands as local time and GMT hand as home time.

unlike the 88, u can only set the GMT hands forward. to set the time is tedious. it is best for ppl who needs to track another time zone in their home country. if you're for example a forex trader, football bookie...etc then it;s good.

hope my explanation is clear...in my not so powderful england :P "

Comment

Not true, mate. 233, 88, 321 are easy to set. You can choose GMT hand or hour hand to be local or overseas, no problem.
                  If you get your hands on one PAM GMT, I'm sure you would get used to it easily.

Just being frank. Your choice in your thread is "looking to get my 2nd PAM as travel watch". So no one will advise you to get a rolex gmt coz it is totally out of sync with your qn.

If your qn was PAM 88 or GMTIIC, then you would get comments like the attached thread in the reply above. If your choice was a PAM GMT vs Rolex GMT, then the ball game is different again. The comments would be even more diverse as there are more comparisons.

But if you stick to your original hunting direction which is for a 2nd Pam that has GMT function, I would say the pammies are easy to set. Other brands' GMT may be "easier" to set, but those brands are not in your consideration which I infer from your 1st thread. I have a 116710LN with me now, and I had 233, 88 and 320 before, and they are all easy to set. 116710LN is maybe just that little easier, but you dont feel the diff wan after a while.

Comment

Within 10k ... ... 88. +/-10k would go for 320 or 321. Why a PAM? so many after mkt straps to try out... But for some of us folks who have been PAM poisoned (me included) - because its a PAM!

Comment

Previously missed your statement about budget within 10k, then PAM 233 is slightly beyond that.

Yes, GMT on PAM not as easy to set versus most GMT out there. Only small inconvenience for me.

Comment

Originally posted by golanheights View Post
                        Not true, mate. 233, 88, 321 are easy to set. You can choose GMT hand or hour hand to be local or overseas, no problem.
                        If you get your hands on one PAM GMT, I'm sure you would get used to it easily.

Just being frank. Your choice in your thread is "looking to get my 2nd PAM as travel watch". So no one will advise you to get a rolex gmt coz it is totally out of sync with your qn.

If your qn was PAM 88 or GMTIIC, then you would get comments like the attached thread in the reply above. If your choice was a PAM GMT vs Rolex GMT, then the ball game is different again. The comments would be even more diverse as there are more comparisons.

But if you stick to your original hunting direction which is for a 2nd Pam that has GMT function, I would say the pammies are easy to set. Other brands' GMT may be "easier" to set, but those brands are not in your consideration which I infer from your 1st thread. I have a 116710LN with me now, and I had 233, 88 and 320 before, and they are all easy to set. 116710LN is maybe just that little easier, but you dont feel the diff wan after a while.
                        Hi,
                        currently I do have the rolex gmtiic, setting the GMT hand is easy, just that I chance upon that thread so was wondering anyone here does have both Rolex and Pam GMT to comment abt that thread. Which you do owned both, ya? Thanks for the input.
                        PAM GMT vs Rolex GMT discussion I found there are 2 threads talking about it.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
                          Previously missed your statement about budget within 10k, then PAM 233 is slightly beyond that.

Yes, GMT on PAM not as easy to set versus most GMT out there. Only small inconvenience for me.
                          Yep, A bro had pointed out the diff....guess not much of hassle , matter of getting used to it .

For PAM 233, as my questions posted earlier.....does all have that am/pm indicator? or that is another series or ?

I shall keep look out for good deal on new or preowned Pam 233.....

Comment

Up to series K, you'll get the dot dial, which is an indicator that shows day/night in your reference time zone. L and later use the am/pm hand, which is essentially the 24hr hand on the Rolex GMT. In terms of setting the local time when you travel, the Panerai GMT and Rolex GMT are essentially the same (quick jump hour hand). Unlock the dial, pull one notch out and adjust in hourly steps. Do note the 233 is an 8D manual, not sure if that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by L3stat View Post
                              Up to series K, you'll get the dot dial, which is an indicator that shows day/night in your reference time zone. L and later use the am/pm hand, which is essentially the 24hr hand on the Rolex GMT. In terms of setting the local time when you travel, the Panerai GMT and Rolex GMT are essentially the same (quick jump hour hand). Unlock the dial, pull one notch out and adjust in hourly steps. Do note the 233 is an 8D manual, not sure if that works for you.
                              Hey, Thanks for the explaination on the am/pm, dot series....Oh so is same as the gmtiic.....thanks again.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X