Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for my first PAM

Hello everyone,
    I am about to embark on a journey to the world of PAMs, I just got the approval from the wife ^^
    This will be my first PAM (I mostly wear Omega watches). After doing some reading here and there, I have decided to get a PAM111 (This will probably be in the middle of Next month)
    This model suits my criteria quite well, Manual movement, Sandwich dial etc., plus it fits my conservative budget too.

I only intend to buy a Used PAM, I have checked with a local 2nd hand watch shop here and they happen to have this model (PAM111 N). The price is still within my budget range so if they still have next month, I will buy from them.
    Never dealt with them before and although they are refutable second hand watch shop here, I still feel uncomfortable specially after reading and seeing some very good Replicas of this model.

As part of my research, I am familiarizing myself with how the watch looks like, the Incablock, the Swan Neck, the Screw on the Swan Neck.
    I came across this website and was worried even more, it seems that these guys are sharing ideas on how to modify their Replica PAMS to make it look like a Genuine PAM

Please look here --> http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showth ... 13823.html
    I do not have an issue if those watches are for their personal usage, problem is what if they sell it (At a Genuine Panerai Price)?
    I worry that I may end up buying one of those.

My questions:
    - Is it okay to buy from 2nd hand watch shop? Could you recommend 2nd hand dealers that you have used in the past? I worry that even them might be fooled by these very good replicas.
    - Any suggestion on what to spot on a PAM111? (I have read some on the Internet but I would love to hear from the guys in this forum.

Cheers!
    Vince

Don't have to worry.there are some which are very close to real and authentic pams but somehow e movements lacks finishing and as pam111 has a sapphire case back u will be able to examine it closely. Also with full box and papers it will be very safe.

Comment

My advice is do not buy from Internet. At least u will have a feel for it when u see the real thing. From there u can decide whether to pull the trigger.

Comment

Hello sir,
        Thank you for the advise. Have you had any experience with our local 2nd hand dealers?
        Any shops that you can recommend? Thank you once again.

Comment

Personally, it is not that hard to uncover a fake paneria. The finishing tends to be coarse (just look at the movt at the back of the watch or the wording-paints on the dial etc). Fake watch tends to be lighter too as the steel/mental used are obviously of a lower grade.

The real fear factor to me is whether are you taking over a "problematic" watch particuarly on the movt portion. Pretty much the same as buying a second hand car where you wouldnt know where the real problems are until you drives it consistantly .

As such, it is always advisable to purchase a second hand watch with balance warranty just in case.

Comment

Thank you beishan09. I will take your advise too on this matter.
            I perhaps should add "warranty" on my criteria before I buy a used Panerai.
            I've seen a few being sold on Athena Watch and some more on Chuan Watch (from their respective websites).
            Any of you guys had an experience with them? Appreciate if you could share.
            Thank you in advance.

Comment

No worries mate. To add on to gshockforsale point, I would think that it's also vital for you to touch, to feel and to wear pertainent Panerai models before deciding on the one that warms your heart most. Good luck in your quest.

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated. I will continue with the hunt and do more research.
                Diligence.. haha!

Comment

Another tip is that the serial number and movt number could be cross checked on the back of the pam/see thru sapphire with the warranty booket. Or if u wana be additional safe, bring the watch to another reputable shop like JW for verification.
                  [U]Current[/U]
                  His:
                  Audemars Piguet Diver
                  Rolex GMT Master IIc 116710LN
                  Rolex Datejust II 116334

Hers:
                  Rolex DateJust Pink Dial With Diamonds 179174

[U]Past[/U]
                  Tag Heuer Aquacer Caliber5
                  PAM 00312 Luminor Marina 1950

No more watch for this year order from wife :( :( :(

Comment

Thank you Andy. Much appreciated.
                    Going back to my other question, any experience with 2nd Hand Watch dealership here? Athena watch/ HJ watch / Monster Time for example? Is it safe to assume that watches coming from these dealers are authentic/genuine?

Thanks again everyone for your inputs.

Comment

Buying from JW/Athena/HJ or Monster Time is safe, for sure they don't sell fake watches. Buying direct from fellow forumers is cheaper but if you are worry about authencity then buy from the dealers you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by rayleh View Post
                        Buying from JW/Athena/HJ or Monster Time is safe, for sure they don't sell fake watches. Buying direct from fellow forumers is cheaper but if you are worry about authencity then buy from the dealers you mentioned.
                        Thank you Rayleh. I will probably buy from the 2nd hand watch dealer mentioned (Since my budget is not enough for Brand new).
                        I am also not very confident in buying from direct sellers as my knowledge in checking and spotting replicas are very limited.
                        I do not want to risk my hard earned money on something that may not be authentic.

Thanks again everyone, you've been all very helpful. ^^

Comment

there's a brand new PAM 111 on sale at Hobbylink for very attractive price. do check it out also.

Originally posted by CheerUpEmoKid View Post
                          Thank you Rayleh. I will probably buy from the 2nd hand watch dealer mentioned (Since my budget
                          is not enough for Brand new).
                          I am also not very confident in buying from direct sellers as my knowledge in checking and spotting replicas are very limited.
                          I do not want to risk my hard earned money on something that may not be authentic.

Thanks again everyone, you've been all very helpful. ^^

Comment

Hello sir! Thank you! I just saw it! I hope it would still be available when I complete my funds!
                            Thank you for the advise.

Comment

If you are confident to verify the authenticity of the watch when you buy from individual seller then its is fine, else you may wish to consider getting from shops. Although the price is slightly higher, but it provides you the basic assurance and limited warranty as well. I find the protection provided by the shop is essential at times. Just my 2-c. Enjoy.
                              Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X