Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey PAM 111 servicing and repair at Richemont Singapore

Hi all Seniors and PAM fans,

Do Richemont Singapore service center accept warranty claim for repair of grey PAM 111?

I have a undated J series PAM 111 from Malaysia Dealer.
    And I got a serious knock on the watch which resulted in slight chip off the sapphire glass and movement stopped as a result of this.

I tried calling Richemont Singapore but always put me thru the voicemail saying non of the customer services are available.

And then, I called JW watches and the backlog for servicing and repairing is 4 months!

Any other recommendations on where and how to fix my PAM 111?
    Or does anyone has experience dealing with Richemont?
    Their turnaround time good?

Rough cost of repair and changing of sapphire crystal?

Thank you all so much for your help on this newbie here...

The warranty for PAMs is an international warranty like most watch brands.

To claim warranty for a J series might be a problem, even though you could date it to within warranty period before you send in. Besides, you mention that the movement stopped as a result of serious knock - usually such self-inflicted damage is not covered by warranty anyway.

Repair cost has to depend on what sort of damage there is. As for the sapphire crystal, someone mentioned it costs around $400 IIRC.

You may try send it in to Richemont anyway. Keep us updated of the outcome.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

If King Centre is too far, send to Panerai ION and they will send it via boutique to centre. Look for ow yong
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Thanks everyone! It would be a lot easier for me to send it in via Panerai ION cos I can go there after working hours.
        Does anyone knows the rough estimated turnaround time for repairs?

Comment

What's the latest date that I can put on my warranty card for J series?
          Do I write on it myself? Or buy those date stamp and stamp in on?

Paiseh have to ask these kind of questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Taeivon View Post
            What's the latest date that I can put on my warranty card for J series?
            Do I write on it myself? Or buy those date stamp and stamp in on?

Paiseh have to ask these kind of questions...
            Your warranty should already be in Panerai database, so no need for the extra effort to stamp the warranty card. Previous owner may have registered the warranty, so it will look bad if you try to claim warranty with a fake dated warranty card.

As for turnaround time, depends on availability of parts. Only ION service center can answer you.

Comment

Hi all Seniors and PAM fans,

Do Richemont Singapore service center accept warranty claim for repair of grey PAM 111?

I have a undated J series PAM 111 from Malaysia Dealer.
              And I got a serious knock on the watch which resulted in slight chip off the sapphire glass and movement stopped as a result of this.

I tried calling Richemont Singapore but always put me thru the voicemail saying non of the customer services are available.

And then, I called JW watches and the backlog for servicing and repairing is 4 months!

Any other recommendations on where and how to fix my PAM 111?
              Or does anyone has experience dealing with Richemont?
              Their turnaround time good?

Rough cost of repair and changing of sapphire crystal?

Thank you all so much for your help on this newbie here...
              J serial 2007 production, warranty long over. Leave the undated warranty card as it is. They wouldnt bother to ask for it anyway, after they accessed your watch and found out it's a J serial.

For full servicing, they took less than a week and i was call up if i like to pick the watch frm the boutique. (impressed i was) But for repair involving parts, this depends if the parts are readily available at the moment you send in your Pam for repair. For cost of parts, the best is you bring it over to the service centre and ask for an official quote.(most accurate, and would not quote wrong over the phone)

Comment

Got it! Thanks everyone.
                Will keep you guys posted on the results of my repair.

Comment

Hi all,

Totally disappointed with Panerai services in Singapore.

They took 20 working days to repair the movement of my watch, changing of the crystal and polishing. Polishing was a good job done. But I couldn't say so for the other jobs.

The first day I collected my watch, the movement stopped. The second hand and the hour hands are colliding onto each other and tha causing the watch to stop moving. And there's a blemish stain at the back of my movement which I can clearly see with my eyes.

I brought it back to Ion and have them to get it checked n services again. I wasn't mad at them then and I just blame myself unlucky.

One week later Panerai emailed me and said my watch is again ready for collection. I went and collect it just now as guess what? The blemish stain on the movement is still there, and the second hand's paint peel off due to the scratch caused by the hands collision previously...

I was so sad, and they helped me clean up the blemish stain on the rear of the movement while promising me a replacement of the second hand.

They took it in and did a cleanup in the Ion premises itself. After 10 mins, they gave me the watch back and they said they clear the stain, but the second hand would have to be ordered in and they will replace it for me once they got the stock.

I'm ok with it. And I checked my watch again... Now that the stain on the movement is cleared, they replaced the stain with dust!!!
                  OMG, is this really the standard of Panerai technicians here? I know I only own the base model PAM111 but they should not be doing such shabby jobs. And I paid S$1000 just for the repair and services.

This is not swatch we're Talking about here. It's Panerai...
                  Do they always do this to lowly customers like us?

I never had such treatment with Omega...

I'm sad tt my Pam now looks worst than a Seiko...

Comment

And noticed deep scratches on my rear display case. They must have slipped the case opener and scratched it...
                    Sigh...

Any Pam experts here that I can send my watch in for a through clean up on the movement to remove the dust? And also just to remove the rear scratches caused by their case openers?

Comment

Bro, empathize with what you're going through.

It's Richemont and not Panerai that does the servicing. Actually the Swatch Group is bigger and their products are not any worse than Pams. Infact Breguet and Blancpain uses the same service center as Swatch. I have had better service in Swatch group than Richemont.

I assume the 111 was serviced locally and not sent back to Swiss as it's an easy ETA.

Hi all,

Totally disappointed with Panerai services in Singapore.

They took 20 working days to repair the movement of my watch, changing of the crystal and polishing. Polishing was a good job done. But I couldn't say so for the other jobs.

The first day I collected my watch, the movement stopped. The second hand and the hour hands are colliding onto each other and tha causing the watch to stop moving. And there's a blemish stain at the back of my movement which I can clearly see with my eyes.

I brought it back to Ion and have them to get it checked n services again. I wasn't mad at them then and I just blame myself unlucky.

One week later Panerai emailed me and said my watch is again ready for collection. I went and collect it just now as guess what? The blemish stain on the movement is still there, and the second hand's paint peel off due to the scratch caused by the hands collision previously...

I was so sad, and they helped me clean up the blemish stain on the rear of the movement while promising me a replacement of the second hand.

They took it in and did a cleanup in the Ion premises itself. After 10 mins, they gave me the watch back and they said they clear the stain, but the second hand would have to be ordered in and they will replace it for me once they got the stock.

I'm ok with it. And I checked my watch again... Now that the stain on the movement is cleared, they replaced the stain with dust!!!
                      OMG, is this really the standard of Panerai technicians here? I know I only own the base model PAM111 but they should not be doing such shabby jobs. And I paid S$1000 just for the repair and services.

This is not swatch we're Talking about here. It's Panerai...
                      Do they always do this to lowly customers like us?

I never had such treatment with Omega...

I'm sad tt my Pam now looks worst than a Seiko...

Comment

Totally agree !!! Richemont's Service is beyond words can describe !!!
                        Life is easy with directions
                        -----------------------------
                        posting items for sale in signature is not allowed

Comment

That's sound really bad like servicing, not able to satisfy and resolve the issues asap! But we hope that Richmont can improve and enhance their services as they are the AD in Singapore !!

Comment

They should be able to repair but with charges

Comment

thinking to bring my PAM for some repairs before warranty ends. Do you have to bring the card along? or just bring the watch (with/without strap)?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X