No announcement yet.

White dial panerai not very popular???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White dial panerai not very popular???

I observed from the forum, the black dail models are more popular among owners as compared to the white dail models. Is the white face models like the 114, 113 n 049 not so popular?

I am not into white dial Panerais, and not sure about others.
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

I believe this 'phenomenon' is not just about Panerai watches, rather, most other watch brands face this "unpopularity of white dial". I recall having shared this in the forum so there should be some information some where. This may just be an "Asian thingy", in that in some of the Asian countries, the colour white isn't an auspicious colour.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Since the white face are not so popular, i wonder whether that it will be cheaper in price as compared to the black face? Or rather not???

Comment

IMHO, most sporty watch look best with dark/ black dial. White dial best for dress watch, match with blue hands that's a killer combo.

Comment

Cheaper in price, I doubt so. White dial Panerais are rare due to OP constant lowering the production of white dial Panerai. A good example is our COEs.
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
              Since the white face are not so popular, i wonder whether that it will be cheaper in price as compared to the black face? Or rather not???
              I am not sure if it's fortunately or unfortunately, but yes, if a watch model comes in two color variants, ie black & white dial like in a Daytona for example, the white tends to sell slightly lower than the black one. It is the same for the Explorer II and the Milgauss, I think.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                I am not sure if it's fortunately or unfortunately, but yes, if a watch model comes in two color variants, ie black & white dial like in a Daytona for example, the white tends to sell slightly lower than the black one. It is the same for the Explorer II and the Milgauss, I think.
                I think you are right.. A basic supply and demand theory.

Comment

Chocolate dials seem to be the in thing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                    Chocolate dials seem to be the in thing now?
                    This, I'm not too sure, because brown dial watches have been always around albeit in smaller quantities/lesser model types. Examples you have are the Omega Speedmaster, Tag Heuer Carrera Day-Date Chrono, Panerai (PAM240), etc. How popular are they now? I'm not sure.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I dont hv any white face watch in my collection. Maybe this time round, a white face PAM would be nice to add to the collection.

Comment

Why not? Do it!!
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thks for the advice bro, not much white face PAM models to choose, so perhaps it make it easier to decide which one i want.

Comment

Originally posted by golfballstick View Post
                            IMHO, most sporty watch look best with dark/ black dial. White dial best for dress watch, match with blue hands that's a killer combo.
                            I share your oppinion. It's down to style and history. Many classic sport watches including most divers and pilots were created in black from the beginning.
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

White dial for dress
                              Black dial for sports

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X