This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little black mark on Singagpore Panerai boutique opening

[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

I was at the boutique during early Dec, and I asked Mr. Quek if I would get any priority among those on the waiting list if I put a deposit. Mr. Quek reply then was: " We don't sell watches that we don't have in stock".
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Looks like to guy who came from australia and posted the scam here sometime back is stating the truth. By the way, why would anyone pay an AD employee for watches outside the shop? Must be some great bargain that entice them to do it. No such things as free lunch and lucky for them, panerai honor the transaction...
      sigpic

Comment

Obviously there was no official receipt issued for such "outside transaction". So I believe those who paid knew what they were getting into...

Comment

Wah Seh.. Who say buying from grey dealer is risky? So people who post WTS and state "local AD, local boutique, downstair buy one" no longer so enticing lor. Anything can happen.
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Shocking man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
              Wah Seh.. Who say buying from grey dealer is risky? So people who post WTS and state "local AD, local boutique, downstair buy one" no longer so enticing lor. Anything can happen.
              No lah...this is not a case involving fake or stolen watches.

Personally I do not (and also cannot afford) to pay heavily marked-up price to buy a PAM LE or SE. I know many people do, which is why so many "collectors" and "VVIPs" try so hard to get them first hand just to flip them.

I am not saying there aren't genunie collectors so please don't flame me...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                Obviously there was no official receipt issued for such "outside transaction". So I believe those who paid knew what they were getting into...
                Well, Looks like they know nothing as they went to the police, panerai still honor the transaction as for "official receipt", that more grey than grey market. Actually panerai should bring a case against the employee and his watch buyer. This would really sent a message to the grey market and those rich but cheapo who flaunt their luxury watch but always seeking for more than usual discount when they purchase watch. Hahaha
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                  Well, Looks like they know nothing as they when to the police, panerai still honor the transaction as for "official receipt", that more grey than grey market. Actually panerai should bring a case against the employee and his watch buyer. This would really sent a message to the grey market and those rich but cheapo who flaunt their luxury watch but asking for more than usual discount when they purchase watch. Hahaha
                  Ok...I am not aware that Panerai honor the transaction...is this official? If so that must mean receipt was issued or how would Panerai be sure that those buyers indeed paid the amount they claimed they did?

Comment

Very true. Did the person who hand over 60k have a receipt?

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Ok...I am not aware that Panerai honor the transaction...is this official? If so that must mean receipt was issued or how would Panerai be sure that those buyers indeed paid the amount they claimed they did?

Comment

If the person who hand over 60k without receipt, then can really suck thumb. Is it due to greed? One senior member here always say " Wait for the watch to come to you" There is also another concern raise "Can deal many times without incidents, but all it takes is just incident"

I guess I will heed this senior member has made good advice.

According to the article, there was a receipt issued prior to the official opening of boutique, it is said that these 3 people are watch enthusiasts, would it not ring any alarm bells for these watch enthusiasts?

More alarming is why issue cheques to personal name when they are dealing with Panerai Boutique? Even on the request, wouldn't one of the 3 watch enthusiasts have any concerns?

All I can say is good luck.

Kudos to Panerai boutique who mention that they intend to honour but what if people come forward and claim they handed X amount but in fact did not?

Comment

The guy who gave 60k previously gave him a 100k and received the watches he wanted. Thats why he said he trusted him.

Comment

that's really damn disappointing and bad news to hear and seem it today in ST......let's hope this case can tightened the buying method!!!

Comment

Only one word . GREED. It takes two clap. GREED GREED GREED! No matter how intellectual or streetsmart you are.. greed will tempt you.

Comment

Not only GREED but also bad way to show-off the Riches!!! In addition, Just hope that they will remember" Once Bitten Twice Shy" to fence off, GREED..........as mentioned it will tempt you to do the wrong method

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X