Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local AD

Hi all snr,

As I m looking into buying my 1st Pam, any local AD with attractive discount to recommend? Not looking at grey seller at the moment.

Am looking at either the PAM104 or PAM111...

Does all AD or Panerai SG sell the same price??

Hope to hear some advise.

Cheers...

Retail price is the same for boutique and AD.

However, boutique normally does not give discount and you may get some discount from AD.

Comment

shuseido answer everything leow.

However, if you beg hard enough, AD might give discount especially contemporary models.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post

However, if you beg hard enough, AD might give discount especially contemporary models.
        I will prefer to "bargain" hard; not "beg" ..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ya lah.. nowaday, no need to bargain also can get a bit discount liao... let alone "beg"... :P

Comment

Originally posted by benade View Post
            Hi all snr,

As I m looking into buying my 1st Pam, any local AD with attractive discount to recommend? Not looking at grey seller at the moment.

Am looking at either the PAM104 or PAM111...

Does all AD or Panerai SG sell the same price??

Hope to hear some advise.

Cheers...

Care to disclose why r u not comfortable buying from the grey market???
            Would like to hear some views on this one...
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post

I rather don't buy then beg...

Comment

Originally posted by benade View Post
                I rather don't buy then beg...
                Not too sure of your reasons for not getting thru a grey dealer, but do reconsider.

Grey dealer = can buy, and don't have to beg
                My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
                IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
                IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
                IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
                PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
                PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                Sinn UBlack

Comment

Just buy with care from whoever sell you, IMHO

Comment

Well said by nim
                    +1 !!!Above all, get the right price offered and do your homeworks too , cheers

Comment

Recall I was somewhat apprehensive of dealing with grey dealers when I first started out on this "poisonous" journey. But with some homework done (e.g. reference checks, knowing what boxes / papers you're supposed to be getting), grey dealers can help save you a fair bit of $$$.
                      My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
                      IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
                      IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
                      IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                      PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
                      PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
                      PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                      Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                        gray dealers are non-AD, doesnt mean they sell 'gray' or non-authentic watches

most of these sell authentic watches with warranty cards stamped by ADs, usually overseas ADs
                        they earn marginal profit by making use of the tax rebates, discounts that their familiar salespersons give, and cash payment (to avoid exorbitant credit card rates)

just make sure your warranty card is endorsed by an AD, if you buy from these sources

but take note - avoid black market watches - ie watches without complete set and without warranty card - you never know how and from who these dealers got the watches from - some new/preown watches are without warranty cards - i would avoid these, although not all are 'black', for the benefit of doubt, previous owners could have misplaced the warranty cards, but personal preference, i always insist on watches to have full set with stamped warranty card
                        Thanks ans Fully concur with your views. Guess for some, it may be a case of "too good to be true"... Moreover "the piece of mind" thingy...
                        Of the view that for those who r owning their 1st piece, and if it costs a substantial amount, they will most prob go for local AD as above all, they can afford it.
                        I guess it is about knowing more about the seller and what u r getting at the end of the day for acquiring the next pieces in this "poisonous" journey!

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                          If it gives u added confidence, just get the watch verified at rsc
                          If u get a piece without a stamp from local/ overseas AD, will rsc authenticate the watch???

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                            they would if you pay them sgd107 (as of dec2011)
                            if its a reported stolen/missing piece captured in their computer system, they will confiscate the piece
                            whether you can recover the piece thereafter, i guess you could but it'd be tedious i suppose

Tricky tricky stuff!

Fancy paying $107 to potentially get your watch confiscated.

But I suppose u can report the shop that sold the watch and yes, can see that it will be a long process...

Comment

Originally posted by edsim View Post
                              Care to disclose why r u not comfortable buying from the grey market???
                              Would like to hear some views on this one...
                              Thanks
                              As this will be my 1st time buying a PAM.. Will not know what to check when dealing with gret dealer.
                              If anything go wrong with the watch or some items that was miss out from the package.. I think is a bit difficult to go back to them.

Just like buying car from AD and PI...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X