Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Does the date for pam 104 " jump " at 12am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Does the date for pam 104 " jump " at 12am?

Hi all,

Sorry to trouble you guys but just like to check something.
    Cos my friend paid a deposit for a 2nd hand Panerai 104 from his relative.

After that he 'played' with the watch and found that the date does not jump at 12am Slowly turn type.
    We are under the impression that all swiss watch's date will jump (of course excluding chronograph and gmt models).
    But the seller claims that 104 engine, which is essentially based on an ETA 7750 engine, date does not flick.

May I check with you guys who had the watch to help verify this?
    (Sorry due to sensitivity of the relationship of seller and buy (relatives) it is not so nice to verify the watch at service centre, hence like to post the question here).

Million Thanks

Jump

It jump. Any box n papers? Papers verification is the first line of defence.
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

just observed the date change on my PAM 243 (which is the same OPIII movement). date changes exactly at 12am sharp with a click.

Comment

Yes, I do agreed with leeye which the date change exactly 12am sharp for my Pam 104 too,fyi

Comment

Ok. I guess we (leeye, Fullhouse) concur...
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

it was quite fun waiting for the date change to occur as i'm normally not bothered by it (or rather busy doing something else). so yesterday night, i sat in the living room in the silence of the night eagerly waiting for 12am to arrive. immediately at midnight, a "click' sound and the date flip to "14". you learn something new every day.

Comment

It seems that the Chronos don't? Any idea why?

I can't be sure but my 356 I don't remember doing the jump at 12 mn...

Comment

my 312's date starts moving at 11+pm

Comment

312 date changes gradually.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Noticed my Pam 351 date change is not instantaneous at 12mn, rather the date remains halfway for sometime. Did a google n finally read up my manual again n it's all explained inside
                    "The Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic watch has a gradual date change mechanism, a process which takes about 3 hours to complete: from 10 p.m. to 1.00 a.m., with a margin of ± 30 minutes. This particular method of changing the date is inspired by the mechanical tradition of Swiss watchmaking and it allows the date to be changed in both directions, moving it either forwards or backwards."

Comment

351 and 312 are based on in house p9000 movmt.

104's OP III is based on eta 7750 p-1 movmt. Totally different.

I can only guess that since OP III is a modified eta, the date change with click at midnight is really an "eta characteristic". My other Swiss watches with eta movmts also changes date at 12 with a click.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X