Introducing the PAM422

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
    I went to search for 127 and 217. no one lelong them yet : ( simi price crumble..
    bro, prices for the 127 and 217 will soften becoz of the shift in interest in the new models. prices will probably remain in the $20k range.

Comment

look at the BREVETTATO backcase...so seductive!

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
        bro, prices for the 127 and 217 will soften becoz of the shift in interest in the new models. prices will probably remain in the $20k range.
        The 217 still holding well.. The 368 is totally different ,no DNA but will interest new comers,imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LUKE View Post
          The 217 still holding well.. The 368 is totally different ,no DNA but will interest new comers,imo.
          I'm definitely with you Luke andyway on the topic of Fiddy/127 prices.... IMHO there's no correlation between the release of the 372/422 with the desirability of Fiddy/217.

1) Fiddy will always be the first modern PAM in 1950 casing
          2) 217 has the MM on the dial- no further explanation on how this would be desirable even w/o going into the details
          3) 372 is not a Fiddy base. Its a different piece alltogether . Why? :
          a) For starters 127 is a SE, 372 is not
          b) Domed crystal in 127, not for 372
          c) Dial execution is different (engraved lettering vs not engraved)
          d) 372 pays homage to the vintage 6152/1. 127 is a modern interpretation of the vintage models (i.e. somewhat like the vintages but given modern touch like the "1950" on the dial and superluminova markers sans the faux patina)- in other words, Fiddy is its own watch, 372 is a vintage homage.
          e) various nuances that sets them apart...the crownguard direction, case style, lugs etc

My point : both a different watches in their own right. The Fiddy is one of the inconic pieces of the Vendome era, the jury is still out on the 372 ......hence I cant really see where the correlation with Fiddy/217 ..but then that's just my worthless 1 cent...

Comment

hi zameenzahari, well said. i know. but can't really explain as well as you.

Fiddy/127 - its price cannot go on and go up forever every year. even in 2008 economy crisis this watch is still $25K. therefore, OP came out with 372 to appease the appetite of the new comers

And MM 217 - Marina Militare - it going to be even more rare in time to come.

anyhow - the issual of 372 & 422 will make the 127/217 even more desirable as new comer will go all out and collect/buy all the minty 127/217 out there.. And price will go even higher.. and OP will have to come up with newer pieces to curb this price increase.. Because everybody make $ from old pieces but OP never make.. how can? not logical mah....
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X