Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAM 104, 48/49 or 287 ..... Advice from you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 104, 48/49 or 287 ..... Advice from you....

Hi, I am currently considering one of the above and would appreciate if any of you could shed some light on them.

PAM 104 @ 44mm seems a bit too big on my wrist that's why the other 3 were shortlisted. Somehow I have this THING for a date window in a watch and thus the above shortlist.

Movement wise any advice?
    Cost wise any advice?

I've honestly yet go down to the shops to look around but would be doing so in the coming week. In the meantime, it's always nice to hear from the seasoned pros and owners of the watch.

Cheers.

Personally, I would go for the PAM 104 because I like big watches. My wrist is 6.5. Also, as the whole watch is polished...you have the bling factor....hehe. But go for what you are comfortable with since you will be the one wearing the watch. Movement wise, all the above models are ok. So no worries.
    If you have the budget, suggest you buy the model that you really like. Do not settle for the second best. Else, you will not be happy with what you have. After awhile, it will be left in the cold palace as a white elephant. You can check on the Panerai garage or Private dealer garage on pricing. Prices are competitive.
    FYI, PAM 287 is 45mm which is bigger than the PAM104.

Happy hunting!

Cheers
    Don't worry, be happy

Comment

If you are buying to wear, you can always opt for a 40mm PAM. For that you can also consider PAM 241 but it is very hard to find.
      PP 5726 leather for work
      PP 5167 for smart casual

And for my Mrs
      PP 7018 IA (Blue face)
      PP 5067 (Black face)
      PP 5067 (White face)

Comment

Surprisingly, those with small wrists seem to be able to pull off wearing a 44mm PAM (my wrist is about 6.25 inches and my PAM doesn't look too odd on me - just go with slightly thicker straps). If you're comfortable with that, why not take a look at the PAM312? It has the date window which you're attracted too, and carries an in-house movement (as compared to the PAM104).
        My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
        IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
        IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
        IWC 500401 Big Pilot
        PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
        PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
        PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
        Sinn UBlack

Comment

PAM48 is a safer bet in your case.
          The Crown Of Achievement