Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please! Headache!

Hi Everyone,
    Need your advice from all the 'old birds' in Panerai!
    Taken a lot of notes from this site(Thanks Guys!), but still not very sure.
    I'd shortlisted a few models, but not sure which one is good for a beginner & not sure of their movement 'performance', pls help advice.

Pam219(Lefty) / 090(power reserve) / 171(P/R bracelet) / Daylight 188

1. Although all of them seems to have Pam caliber, but made by ETA. Which model is having, so call, a better movement? (090 & 171 actually same I know)

2. For beginner, which to start? (I don't mind pre-owned)

Thanks
    niterunner99

For a beginner, it's recommended you start with a preowned watch as you may decide to change another model once you have outgrown your 1st watch.

All the ETA movements are proven workhorses.

Where to start? The Panerai Garage section is a good starting place.

Comment

Thanks leeye!

will check out those models personally!

Comment

For PAM watches, I think most people give more consideration to the look rather than the movement.

In terms of "performance" I personally think the ETA is more proven than the inhouse PAM movement. That is not to say the inhouse movement is less superior.

Very few people I know stick to their first PAM, so go with your heart but prepare to flip it later for another model. In that sense bro leeye is very right in advicing you to go for a preowned.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by niterunner99@yahoo.com View Post
          Thanks leeye!

will check out those models personally!
          do save some money for straps as the strap itch in you will develop very soon. kekekekeke.....................

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
            do save some money for straps as the strap itch in you will develop very soon. kekekekeke.....................
            This is so true......buy pam watch(es), buy straps, buy strap case to hold straps, buy more straps, buy another pam, buy another strap case to hold straps,.......buy buy buy....
            Current Love
            Pam 312
            Pam 210
            Pam 372
            Pam 424

Comment

money always not enough!

Comment

Originally posted by niterunner99@yahoo.com View Post
                Hi Everyone,
                Need your advice from all the 'old birds' in Panerai!
                Taken a lot of notes from this site(Thanks Guys!), but still not very sure.
                I'd shortlisted a few models, but not sure which one is good for a beginner & not sure of their movement 'performance', pls help advice.

Pam219(Lefty) / 090(power reserve) / 171(P/R bracelet) / Daylight 188

1. Although all of them seems to have Pam caliber, but made by ETA. Which model is having, so call, a better movement? (090 & 171 actually same I know)

2. For beginner, which to start? (I don't mind pre-owned)

Thanks
                niterunner99
                I would suggest get the watch that you like and comfortable wearing it. Lefty would be quite "plain" on the dial compare to the other 3 watches.

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                Like leeye said, prepare to spend on the straps too, it is another addicition again. I already got myself 4 straps "unknowingly" within a month...... :S

Comment

WAH! Thanks Everyone for the advice! the thing abt me is that...i seldom sell my watches! whether they are new or pre-owned.
                  Not sure is that a good 'habit'! haahaahaa!
                  i still hv that Seiko quartz since my sec3 days...why i keep it (taken out batt)...its made of gun metal...but they named it titanium series!
                  Yes come to straps...sure not enough for Pam's! I used to think that black dials are hard to match with leather....hey it depends if I'm brave enough. Met up with a strap maker (in Jurong West) & the amount of combinations are stagering!
                  that's why i'd short list the 177 bracelet...just need to give a little wash to get rid of the sweat smell!

1 of the reason why I'd asked whether to get a actual Pam in-hse vs ETA is that...when we collect watches, it's quite usual we'll go for a in-hse make as it's the 1st pc to be collect by us (or myself in this case), so that's a hard choice to make. Thanks Mr. Pegasi, now i'll go for either 1 for a start.

Thanks again!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X