Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished vs Brushed Bezel

Hi all.
    Wanna check everyone's opinion on polished and brushed bezel. Looks like some model like 361 comes with brushed bezel while it's counter part 362 comes with polished bezel. Which one do you prefer?

polished bezel in my opinion creates a stunning contrast to the rest of the brushed body. It makes people take notice of your Pam too. However, we all know its harder to maintained : fingerprints, scratches etc. Just be careful with a polished bezel which otherwise is my preferred choice.

Comment

I would think it is a personal preference on the choices. For me, I would prefer polished bezel for my base models and brushed bezel for the sub models.

Comment

I would prefer the polished bezel because of the bling factor...hehe. But precaution need to be taken when you wear your watch as they are vulnerable to scratches and dings due to the polished surface. So you need to be very careful when wearing your watch. You will also need to clean your watch frequently as there will be fingerprints and stains on your watch which will be more obvious on polished surface. Therefore, if you do not want to make yourself a "protector and slave to your watch, then brushed bezel is for you:-).

Cheers
        Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I personally like the polished but don't mind the brushed. Heard it is possible to polish the brushed surface to polished. Cape cod can be used but take damn long and it will not be even.

Comment

If you like the polished bezel, go for it. Don't try using Cape Cod to polish the brushed surface to polished. There will be hairline scratches as well. And why you want to do that if you have decided to buy a brushed bezel? Suggest that you try both types of bezel before you decide. This way, you will have a better gauge.

Cheers
            Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Polished for the win. A shiny polished bezel can be useful when encountering someone trying to mug your watch off you. Reflect the sunlight using the polished bezel into your would be attacker's eyes, momentarily stunning him and allowing you to escape.
              My Tumblr
              -------------------
              http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
                Polished for the win. A shiny polished bezel can be useful when encountering someone trying to mug your watch off you. Reflect the sunlight using the polished bezel into your would be attacker's eyes, momentarily stunning him and allowing you to escape.
                Lolz!!!

Now that' a good reason to get a polished bezel.
                Current
                ------------
                SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X