Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mysterious' whitish silver speck on dial & dirt spot on indice lume

Hi All.

I had been wearing a brand new Pam 5 which I got from PI for a few months (my 1st PAM).

Today I looked closely (eyes about 12cm from dial) and spotted a speck of whitish, silver dot on the black dial (near the eight indice).
    Also spotted on the 12 oclock indice, there's a speck on brownish dust on the '1 & '2' number of the 12 oclock indice.

I would like to ask:-

1) I not sure if the 'dust' were there since 1st day. Assuming not, is there a possibility that the 'dust' could have gotten from somewhere inside the watch & land on the dial? (say metal dust speck from friction from the mechanism part?) (watch not opended for sent for service all these while)

2) Assume that such spots were there since 1st day; do you guys have encountered such issues for new watches? I do heard and saw in the forum that there are such cases when they recieve the new watch, open the box and found such speck on their watch.

3) With regards to this topic, my fren mentioned there were occasions whereby dial no dust at 1st, & dust appears in watch after servicing (some services are even done @ authorised service centre, irregardless of the brand), some said even had finger prints inside after service. My fren mentioned that QC(quality control) quality at service centres are not that stringent than in the factory itself. can check if anyone here had this experience or had heard from frens about such happening?
    As such (just to share), my this fren have this philosophy 'send the watch for service ONLY IF NECESSARY, if timing okay,etc, if not about 5 years mark then send for service.

Hope guys who had similar experience or heard about such problems share share ?
    (Cos i am afraid that I am the only one with such problems)

Thanks

Possible that it's dust or some foreign particle that went in.

Had one in one of my watches before, brought to my repair guy to remove it for me.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I have a similar experience. I have a B&R-126 and recently I found a tiny white line (~2mm at most) on the black dial. I am very sure when I bought it 6-mths ago, the speck wasn't there.

The funny thing is that there are no scratches on the surface of the sapphire glass and the white speck does not seem to be a dust particle. I have this feeling that I might have knocked the watch against something and caused a hairline fracture of the sapphire glass. But again, there are no surface scratches to indicate that I have knocked my watch.

Living with the irritating white speck for now until I have a clearer answer on what it is before sending it to FJBenjamin. Heard that there is only 1 technician there and it takes months even for minor repair works.

Comment

I tot u should send to Richemont? And if it is under warranty, u should send in for the piece of mind.
        My Humble Collection :
        PAM 320
        Rolex Submariner Ceramics
        Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Thanks Guys for the comment. But i think i shall follow my fren's advice " dont fix it unless broken" for the time being

Comment

I guess your PAM wasnt brand new when u bought it, someone serviced it before and the dust went in. Brand new PAMs shouldn't have this problem.
            I had dust issue with a preowned Rolex i bought previously, i sent to Rolex service centre to have the dial cleaned. After i collected it, the 'original' dust was gone indeed, but ended up with MORE dust particles than before. If you visit rolex service centre and see the technicians working behind the glass panels, it is obvious they don't operate in ideal 'clean room' condition.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X