Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Variations of word markings & ar coating (newer & older year series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variations of word markings & ar coating (newer & older year series)

HI Guys,

I am an ardent Pam fan & is doing some research before committing to my 1st Pam. As I am considering whether new or pre-owned, there are some concerns that I like to voice out and hear your comments; There seems to be some variations in newer and older year series Pam, even for the same model). Can someone help to verify and enlight these point?

1) latest series i.e 111 the 'luminor marine' & 'panerai' word ondial is slightly larger & bolder than previous' one. Am i right? I compare current pieces at Shop and compare to those online pictures and found that wordings on the older year versions are smaller. Is my observation correct? anyone have any idea why the change? or that its just an update on the design?

2) I notice that the older panerais like early year 2000+ have a blue AR Coating on the glass, similar to the type on IWC BIg Pilot and Omega Planet Ocean. And newer series have a lighter AR Coating (very light blue @ certain angles). Any idea the older type glass with blue AR or the newer lighter type better?

Thank you very much

1) Just using your 111 as an example. There are more differences if you notice closely. I'm assuming you're not just talking about between the 111 E-F-G painted dial series vs the current H-M sandwich dial series available. The older E-G had painted dials and yes smaller print. Also different fonts for the numbers and obviously no sandwich dial. The first range of H series has a difference to the current M/N series with the O in luminor, it being more squashed out and oval and slightly bolder and more off-white in color.

2) Yes. AR coatings started appearing in the C-D series onwards and started off with a strong blue to the now near colorless version. That said, there is no standard. I've seen a 177M with a purple sheen. The 187G as well is purple same with a 25H. So you can't utilise this as a template.
    Current COLLECTION
    Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X