No announcement yet.

PAM 8 days PR indicator: front or back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 8 days PR indicator: front or back?

Most current PAM 8 days PR models have a horizontal PR indictor, unlike the discontinued PAM 190 who has the PR indictor on the JLC movement visible from the back.

Interestingly, in the new SIHH line-up, Panerai "copy" the JLC PR design on two of their new models using inhouse PAM movement, though they also launch the 384 that has the horizontal PR indictor on the dial.

Do you think there is an indication that the horizontal PR indicator is going out of favor? What is your preference or opinion between those two types of PR indicator of PAM?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

I favour a PR indicator on the front dial for practical reasons (you can immediately see the PR without taking out your watch). Having said that the JLC movement on the PAM 190 is a beauty in itself.

The 8 days linear indicator (patented by OP) on the current models makes the dial looks too busy. On the previous Panerai Ferrari 8 Day watch, the 8 day indicator becomes a circular disc which is more compact. OP could have changed it to a circular "8 GIORNI BREVETTATO" disc.

My take is to remain with the front indicator but do away with the linear style.

Comment

IMHO, i still reckon 233 as the best PR model. Sleek 1950s case, domed sapphire with horizontal indication...
      Swee!

Comment

Hmm...why would you want to check the PR during when you have the watch on your wrist, and not before your put it on your wrist?

I have a JLC 8 days and I don't even need to check the PR, I just wind it once a week on every Sunday
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Hmm...why would you want to check the PR during when you have the watch on your wrist, and not before your put it on your wrist?

I have a JLC 8 days and I don't even need to check the PR, I just wind it once a week on every Sunday
          When you have more than one daily watch (a mix of manual, automatic, 8 day etc) to wear you loose track of how much PR is on which watch (worn randomly according to the occassion). Watch goes on a watch stand which upon first glance you see the watch face and not the back. So it only makes sense to have a PR indicator on the front.

Well all these are personal preferences.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X