No announcement yet.

The SIHH2011 pieces have appeared and here comes the first of the hotter models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like PAMs, but can't put myself to put in good money to buy them esp the SEs. That is why my last 2 purchases were Rollies! Next purchase is likely to be another Rollie I think!
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

To all:
      Will the P371 price will come down one of these days....

Comment

Originally posted by GGT View Post
        To all:
        Will the P371 price will come down one of these days....
        i doubt you will get any lower than retail price. do your search and you may pick up a good bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
          I complained to the OP Regional office in HK about their so called "waiting list". There is no such thing as being first on the waiting list cause there is no transparency or official acknowledgement from the AD or OP boutique that you are allocated a specific watch model. If you are a VVIP, then you don't have to wait coz your name will automatically be on the top of the list. For any TDH (Tom, Dick and Harry), you can wait forever (tan ku ku) to get the sought after watches like 372, 382 etc.

I was one of the first few on the "waiting list" for PAM 339 at the OP boutique. Already quite a number are delivered to VVIP customers who have bought several watches from the boutique. Whenever I asked about the 339, the sales person will tell me there is no stock when in fact there are a few kept in the safe. If they continue this type of attitude, I will simply loose interest in Panerai watches. Too stuck up!
          It's not up to us to dictate Officine Panerai's marketing strategy. However with their new models and in-house movements, I can see they moving more up market, pricing themselves even above Rolex for the 2011 Sport models. Serving only their VVIP customers does little to improve their reputation. Time will tell if this is the correct move.

Remember how Tag Heuer was once an affordable sports watch. Look at their prices now. I will think twice before Tag comes to my mind again.

I'll agree with KuchingKu, I'll take my money somewhere else.
          Bro, I understand your frustration and I being thru your frustration. First scenario, I was looking for PAM 111 previously, I walked into a local AD and I was told there is a long waiting list (at least 15 people ahead of me) and the watch is selling at retail without any discount. I can put my name on the waiting list but I would be able to get it within 6 months. In the end, I have to ask my HK colleague to get it for me in HK which is at a better rate. Due to the "addiction", I eye on two pieces recently and make some research, PAM 25 and Rollie Green Hulk, I approach a different local AD this time to ask for the price, PAM 25 again is in waiting list and I have waited for 3 months without news after I left my contact with them. As for the Green Hulk, I was told the price was retailing at 10.7k and currently if I wanna to get, there is a long waiting list again. However, I was been made an "offer" by one of the sales guy, he "claimed" that he can help me to jump the queue if i am willing to pay a premium for the watch and it will "available" for me within a week, but of coz the premium was rather high and I decide to give it a miss. Like Bro Leeye mentioned, they might have kept some pieces in a safe and sell them off as high premium or cater for their VVIP clients only. Back in the real working world, good opportunity always go to those people who know people rather than your capability, iszit?

Comment

the OP Boutique also have monthly sales quota to meet. once their quota is reached they will not be very keen to sell any more watches, whether standard or SE. they will keep whatever stock on hand until next month sales.

Comment

the OP Boutique also have monthly sales quota to meet. once their quota is reached they will not be very keen to sell any more watches, whether standard or SE. they will keep whatever stock on hand until next month sales.
              That's what I thought also Lee. Can you imagine I'm still waiting for the 420 when I was promised one sometime in March-April as I was on the list very very early? Well, since I'm not in Shanghai at the moment, I just leave it aside at the moment. They promised stock will come at this month, bla bla bla, and in the end say not yet arrive and somehow I also know that it was given to someone else. The HK boutique service is also poor if they think u're not a risti.

Well, I've made up my mind to get the 420. But, the next upgrade might not be Panerai anymore if they still play this marketing game with us.

Comment

well it takes 2 hands to clap. even VVIP customers have a limit on the numbers of PAM watches they can buy and wear. then Panerai will find their legion of die-hard fans have already moved on.

Comment

If I waited and waited and never seem to be able to get even a regular production piece (had to resort to buying from elsewhere) while some people get endless access to limited pieces....I also move on.

Hope the VVIP can sustain the numerous models coming out each year.

Comment

the so called 'jump queue' is marketing gimmick. it is not just for VVIP, it can be sold to anyone who is willing to pay the asking price.

AD wants to maximise profit, as such, they will say no stock. however, there are genuine cases where AD really no stock.

You will be surprise that if you approach outlet 1 of AD A, they tell you no stock. but if you go to outlet 2 of AD A, there is stock. why? this is because the outlet branch manager dont want to transfer stock because the branch manager want to keep the sales to the outlet.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

After reading the above comments...

Guy...You are actually walking into their traps...
                      For example...this month quota reached so the staff just go to work as normal without selling anything plus talk bulls&*^ all the potential customer by telling them the watch will come 2 or 3 or 4weeks.From there on everybody have a job to sustain...
                      But it makes the local buyer boring&listless as they have to wait.
                      Please correct me if I' wrong.

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

i rather go without pam then to wait like a fool. To me it is just a watch. To others i dono. And to pay premium is a bit hard for me to stomach. Too bad there will always be a market for it now, so they can afford to be stuck up. if only all consumers dont buy then they can all go eat air hehe. Sadly it can be said to all popular brands

Comment

just to check how many bros here really like 372?
                          IMHO, this piece seems to be way overated by some.... i cannot comprehend why would someone pay premium for a 372? that is if the piece is marketed above rrp.

Comment

I like 372!

Fei shu shu.. there are always choices!! .... See http://www.zuriner.com/product.php

Due to the influence of Risti, many people will able to enjoy the new line up coming our way. If not.. do you really want to deal with complicated flybacks and chronos?
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

The 372 is nice but no way will I pay premium over it. If so, I will rather get the 233. with more functions. There are lots of fans who are dying to get the 372 and 382 though. I will just watch the show from the side and pick it up when prices are more sane :P
                              His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

372 is a very nice model, simple without all the fancy stuff. however i agree it is overrated.

retail is $14k which is similar to 2 tone Rolex GMT II and to pay additional premium???? it's hard to swallow. better to use the extra money to fund some other hobbies.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X