• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also on waiting list for 219 since 2009 : ) really. never bluff
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
      I am also on waiting list for 219 since 2009 : ) really. never bluff
      I was on waiting list at HK boutique for 219 too since 2009 and they also refuse to put me on the waiting list for 292. Until now no sound no picture. Ha.

Went there in 2010 twice and saw a lady (tai tai) wearing her 292 and collecting another SE piece. Salesman told me she is regular client and the first few on the wait list. Luckily I know cantonese and heard her saying....this piece really good is it? You mean only 5 pieces in HK? Sure huh? OK, I will take it.

Local AD....waitlist no park kay one. I was on waitlist for a PP 5167 for a year also no sound. More important is you are regular VIP or know whos-who who is who of who.

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
        lol, i am just starting a topic for some discussion and fun...why does your reply seems to suggest that my post is "what is the current premium of 339"......
        dear cedric,

i meant no harm or whatever. just that i know THG list price of 339 and how much people are asking now for the same piece.

have a good day.

b.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          I was on waiting list at HK boutique for 219 too since 2009 and they also refuse to put me on the waiting list for 292. Until now no sound no picture. Ha.

Went there in 2010 twice and saw a lady (tai tai) wearing her 292 and collecting another SE piece. Salesman told me she is regular client and the first few on the wait list. Luckily I know cantonese and heard her saying....this piece really good is it? You mean only 5 pieces in HK? Sure huh? OK, I will take it.

Local AD....waitlist no park kay one. I was on waitlist for a PP 5167 for a year also no sound. More important is you are regular VIP or know whos-who who is who of who.
          a few singapore paneristi regulars is already on the waiting list for pam372. a few of them are owners of 360 collected from hk boutique too.

Comment

Originally posted by barra View Post
            dear cedric,

i meant no harm or whatever. just that i know THG list price of 339 and how much people are asking now for the same piece.

have a good day.

b.
            Hi there... it's all good.. misunderstanding on my part... have a great week ahead...

Comment

I complained to the OP Regional office in HK about their so called "waiting list". There is no such thing as being first on the waiting list cause there is no transparency or official acknowledgement from the AD or OP boutique that you are allocated a specific watch model. If you are a VVIP, then you don't have to wait coz your name will automatically be on the top of the list. For any TDH (Tom, Dick and Harry), you can wait forever (tan ku ku) to get the sought after watches like 372, 382 etc.

I was one of the first few on the "waiting list" for PAM 339 at the OP boutique. Already quite a number are delivered to VVIP customers who have bought several watches from the boutique. Whenever I asked about the 339, the sales person will tell me there is no stock when in fact there are a few kept in the safe. If they continue this type of attitude, I will simply loose interest in Panerai watches. Too stuck up!

Comment

a few singapore paneristi regulars is already on the waiting list for pam372. a few of them are owners of 360 collected from hk boutique too.
                Haha. I happen to know these people. If you know a certain Hongkie who is very famous in the circle, then things get a lot more easier. I happen not to know him. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                  I complained to the OP Regional office in HK about their so called "waiting list". There is no such thing as being first on the waiting list cause there is no transparency or official acknowledgement from the AD or OP boutique that you are allocated a specific watch model. If you are a VVIP, then you don't have to wait coz your name will automatically be on the top of the list. For any TDH (Tom, Dick and Harry), you can wait forever (tan ku ku) to get the sought after watches like 372, 382 etc.

I was one of the first few on the "waiting list" for PAM 339 at the OP boutique. Already quite a number are delivered to VVIP customers who have bought several watches from the boutique. Whenever I asked about the 339, the sales person will tell me there is no stock when in fact there are a few kept in the safe. If they continue this type of attitude, I will simply loose interest in Panerai watches. Too stuck up!
                  Exactly why I have decided not to even put my name on waitlist for 372. Cos it is easier to get to know some VVIP in HK or their friends and get them to get you on the 'Q'. Much faster. I am not keen to be in this group and upset about how things work so I only go to IWC and FPJ boutique and skip Pam boutique when I pop by Prince building.

And don't even get me started on the way 360 are distributed. If I walk into a boutique or AD and they have the model I like, I pay. No need special intro lah and friend of this and that lah. That was the way when I started wearing pam more than 5 years ago.
                  Now, I take my money to other makes.

Comment

Haha. I happen to know these people. If you know a certain Hongkie who is very famous in the circle, then things get a lot more easier. I happen not to know him. Ha
                    well, hope to catch up with u one day and tell u who i really am. lol. a few characters lurking in this forum that i dislike, that is why i prefer to keep my identity a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                      Hi there... it's all good.. misunderstanding on my part... have a great week ahead...
                      great to know that. in fact, we met a few times before. that is why i know you have IWC BP and Panerai 4C.

Comment

well, hope to catch up with u one day and tell u who i really am. lol. a few characters lurking in this forum that i dislike, that is why i prefer to keep my identity a secret.
                        Cool. We might have already met. I also like to keep low profile but some forummers I knwo better knows my identity. Ok for me. Cheers and hope to meet up someday.

Comment

well.. i see no reason why VVIP shouldn't have priority. They are loyal customers which i reckon its fair enough for them to entitle such privileges... Having said which, I'm no VVIP... Not even VIP... hahaha

Comment

It's not up to us to dictate Officine Panerai's marketing strategy. However with their new models and in-house movements, I can see they moving more up market, pricing themselves even above Rolex for the 2011 Sport models. Serving only their VVIP customers does little to improve their reputation. Time will tell if this is the correct move.

Remember how Tag Heuer was once an affordable sports watch. Look at their prices now. I will think twice before Tag comes to my mind again.

I'll agree with KuchingKu, I'll take my money somewhere else.

Comment

Panerai's DNA is a tool watch (just like Submariner) which appeals to the common people. Many people buy them because of that DNA. I'm not sure they are still going that way. Serving VVIP first and making it non-accessible to the common people through exclusive distribution and high pricing does not go well with the way people know Pam.

That's something Rolex doesn't do. No yearly Special editions (Look at Pam, AP, Hublot, B&R!). No known number of limited production numbers. No playing around with all sorts of funny material. That's how they are still the most widely known watch brand.

Comment

Totally agree Bro KuchingKu. The Panerai "fever" will not last forever.

Deepsea, GMT, Explorer II here I come! kekeke

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X