Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price of Pam Maintenance in years to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of Pam Maintenance in years to come...

Good day to all the senior forum members and Pam owners! I'm here as a newbie to seek advice and experience on the servicing and average maintenance cost per year
    for owning pams past their warranty periods.

I own a 312L and and 305L of which both have passed their 1 year warranty mark. Beautiful watches they are and I'm starting to wonder if I have far exceeded my owning power to keep them healthy and running in future.

Hope all your experiences can shed some light to my concerns! Thanks to all for your contributions in advance.

Only need a service once every 5 years. So, they are good to run for a few more years. I remember new watches has a 2 year warranty period. Please check your papers. If so, bring it in for a service just before warranty end. It's free. From there, count 5 years. Each service cost around 1k cos yours are in house movements.

Originally posted by Mmax View Post
    Good day to all the senior forum members and Pam owners! I'm here as a newbie to seek advice and experience on the servicing and average maintenance cost per year
    for owning pams past their warranty periods.

I own a 312L and and 305L of which both have passed their 1 year warranty mark. Beautiful watches they are and I'm starting to wonder if I have far exceeded my owning power to keep them healthy and running in future.

Hope all your experiences can shed some light to my concerns! Thanks to all for your contributions in advance.

Comment

Hi Kuchingku, sorry to ask. You mean we can send in our pam for servicing just before warranty end? I was thinking they won't even bother to service our pam during warranty except repair etc?

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        Only need a service once every 5 years. So, they are good to run for a few more years. I remember new watches has a 2 year warranty period. Please check your papers. If so, bring it in for a service just before warranty end. It's free. From there, count 5 years. Each service cost around 1k cos yours are in house movements.
        really?

so i bring my papers, go up to them and tell them i would like send the watch for general servicing.
        is this really for free?

thanks

Comment

Thanks Kuchingku for your contribution. I always thought servicing should be done in about 2 years, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be glad a 5 year window is safe enough because the upkeep seems quite hefty if I do intend to add more to the collection..

On another note, is it normal to get reliability issues as time goes by such as power reserve issues and crown winding issues like some of the other owners here mentioned? Before my 312 and 305 I've actually owned a 104k and I had to send it back to Richemeont to have it regulated because it would always be slow. With my 312 I've found that the power reserve has never been anywhere close to the 3 days as promised (at most 2 days on rare occasions). The 305 had a slight bridge movement issue which was rectified (luckily without serious delays because they had additional parts in store) and now its power reserve seems to be on average much better than the 312 despite both having the same P9000 mvt. So on average it's 3 out of 3 hits for me already! Still I must say, I'm a sucker for understated, elegance and the timeless design which never fails to attract me.

So I'm concern that if I do hold on to these any longer, new costlier issues might crop up which my push the upkeep further than what was predicted....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X