Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing my pleasant surprise!

Hi all seniors,

I have been lurking around this forum for like the longest time, tapping on all the knowledge from you guys since like eons ago. Much much thanks

Really love panerai watches and fell in love with pam0 so I got a surprise yesterday when my wife brought me to pick up the watch which she secretly placed an order previously.

As we were there pretty late to collect the watch after work and the AD was closing, we paid for it and left. Went home and was so happy that I didnt get much sleep..haha..in part because of the watch but largely for the thoughfulness of my wife

However, I got some questions which I hope fellow seniors could help..so here goes:

1. Can I check what is a COSC cert? I have pretty much checked through everything, the manual, warranty booklet and card but nothing resembles a cert. Am a little paranoid if I have missed collecting something from the AD.
    2. Can I check what is the quick strap change kit? I know it comes with the higher end models but what is the difference between what we get with the pam0?
    3. Straps, straps, straps..of course this query is just for self poisoning..would fellow forumers, seniors and pam lovers be kind to advise on whether I should go ahead now to get aftermarket straps and maybe buckles as well cos I a bit sim tia (heartache)..if I scratch the original buckle) The original buckle cost a lot?

Please bear with my queries..

Thanks all!

Congrats And Welcome...

What a fantastic wife you have bro! Shes the REAL KEEPER...!

Congrats for your new love, Pam 0 and welcome to the madness.

About your Qs :-

1) All base Pammies does not have the COSC cert and that includes your Pam 0. Base models doesnt comes with it as base models does not have second hand to test out the accuracy tolerance in order to be issued a COSC cert. Without the second hand, theres no way you could accurately timed if the watch is gaining or loosing.

2) The quick strap mechanism is only available to most newer models with in house Panerai movt and also from the J series from the Contemporary models while the historic model is still having the screw in mechanism. Theres a lot of different views from different individuals. Some like the easy quick changing system but me, I prefer the old screw in.

3) Yeah....straps straps and more straps...its really a poison! People always said, what watch a man wears define what type of man he is, someway along that line...but for Paneristi...what strap combo you wear, defines what type of Paneristi are you.

Whatever others says...enjoy your Pam bro...

Congrats again.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Congrats.

Zero does not have the quick change strap thingy, if you scare to scratch your watch case when changing strap.
      you can get aftermarket spring bar tubes,which is easily available in ebay. And change strap using tooth pick that will be safer.

If you do not plan to sell the watch in the future, i see no harm wearing the OEM strap & original buckle.
      If not then get the aftermarket strap and buckle.

Comment

Thank you bro Ryuden & Bro Ant for the explanations and advices.

Think I will go strap shopping soon haha..will share pics once I get them and find out how to post pics.

Have a good week ahead all! =)

Comment

welcome to the club. the original buckle costs around SGD600-650. there abouts. the quick change system is avaible mainly in the 1950's case and some later series historic cases.
          I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
          http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

good and bad about the quick strap change system on the newer 1950 cases.

good because it is so convenient to change straps. just use 2 toothpicks to depress and out pops the strap retaining pin. no more slipage of screwdriver and scratching the case.

bad? it's bad because you will want to buy more straps as it is so easy to change them.

Comment

Thanks Bro roguehog for the info!

To Bro leeye, now I understand le..saw this in one of the instructional videos on youtube, much thanks.

I am planning to conduct a stand-by (like back in old army days) my panerai set this weekend if time permits...document all the items in a complete set of the pam0..for my own record and to help future (and paranoid) pam owners like myself =)

But me no avid photographer so just gonna use my trust-worthy (i hope) iphone cam.

Hope my little contribution to the forum will help..=)

Wish me luck!!!hehe

Comment

Originally posted by 56uan View Post
                Hi all seniors,
                I have been lurking around this forum for like the longest time, tapping on all the knowledge from you guys since like eons ago. Much much thanks
                Really love panerai watches and fell in love with pam0 so I got a surprise yesterday when my wife brought me to pick up the watch which she secretly placed an order previously.
                As we were there pretty late to collect the watch after work and the AD was closing, we paid for it and left. Went home and was so happy that I didnt get much sleep..haha..in part because of the watch but largely for the thoughfulness of my wife
                However, I got some questions which I hope fellow seniors could help..so here goes:
                1. Can I check what is a COSC cert? I have pretty much checked through everything, the manual, warranty booklet and card but nothing resembles a cert. Am a little paranoid if I have missed collecting something from the AD.
                2. Can I check what is the quick strap change kit? I know it comes with the higher end models but what is the difference between what we get with the pam0?
                3. Straps, straps, straps..of course this query is just for self poisoning..would fellow forumers, seniors and pam lovers be kind to advise on whether I should go ahead now to get aftermarket straps and maybe buckles as well cos I a bit sim tia (heartache)..if I scratch the original buckle) The original buckle cost a lot?
                Please bear with my queries..
                Thanks all!
                Firstly, welcome to the forum.
                Next, congrats on the zero. What a virtuous woman your wife is. I am going to bookmark this post and show it to my minister of home affairs (and probably get a scolding....hahahahha)
                As to your queries, (1) answered by other members, (2) no idea but some collectors actually prefer the old system, and (3) nope, you are not the first to want to preserve the original strap and buckle. Be careful though, aftermarket straps are very addictive!
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Hi all,

Been busy the past couple of weeks..finally got a chance to snap a couple of pics to share..so here goes...

Firstly, the triple boxes containing the watch..pic taken with the additional movement stickers and the watch cloth that came with the package

Inside of the box...

The watch!!! with strap changing kit, additional rubber straps and rubber protector

Tucked conveniently beneath...the warrant booklet, card and instruction manual

Watch with the plastic catch to hold the straps in place and the tag/movement stickers

Watch case back and to show-off...in the background..the catalogue I got from sales exec..hehe

Lastly and my favourite..a family shot with my wife and son..and also the new strap!!

Hope you guys like it!! =)

Comment

nice family wear ;0) nice watches...

Comment

I can feel your excitement and contentment. Congratz!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Now thats a PAMILY shot.....!!!

Originally posted by 56uan View Post

lastly and my favourite..a family shot with my wife and son..and also the new strap!!

hope you guys like it!! =)

Love it...!!!!!

Congrats Bro.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Much thanks to all!

I have asked my son on several occasions if he will like to have my watches when he grows up..and everytime he will reply with an enthusiatic "yes!"

Haha..so I am glad..hopefully he will appreciate them as much as I have when I eventually passed them on to him (",)

Comment

Congrats and love that family shot!
                            [IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Sux6ZMI5otI/AAAAAAAABhk/Bv5v76Cu-XI/s144/logo_patek_2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2mDcl8I/AAAAAAAABg8/E2v2rB9n3hA/s400/RolexBannerSig.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2jLKpdI/AAAAAAAABhA/T-KvkGpuicc/s800/Panerai_company_logo.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/S-Tqlsrv5hI/AAAAAAAAHdg/HQ0ZspcewzY/s144/watch_logo_omega.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

wait till your boy sees the 1950 case, (tell him from side view, it looks like a space ship)...bet he will want the latter even more...

welcome to the pam family....and many more pams to come...!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X