Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding between 111 & 177

Hello,

I am a new PAM fans and never have one before. After reading a lot of thread in this forum :-) I decided it would be nice to have a manual PAM. I just want to feel the "sensation" to wind the crown every morning....hehehe (my other watches are auto). And I think I would not like the 1950 casing since its thickness on my "skinny" wrist....(I never tried though....hehe).
    So the choices would go to either 111 or 177. But I still can't decide for SS or titanium eventhough I've read a lot of thread also about that. Pros & cons between SS & titanium would always be there. And is it true that titanium need more caring in maintenance? Is it that fragile in term of scratches and dings?

On top of that, budget would be no issue and I just want to take into account for looks and resale value between those two (if i want to sale it in the future).

Any opinions and suggestions would be highly appreciated :-)
    Thank you sooo muchhh.....

Let me be the first to share my thoughts since I owned a PAM 111 before upgrading to 351.

If its your first PAM, either choice wont go wrong.
    The choice now is whether SS or Ti.

If you clean your watch daily and consistenly (like me), Ti wouldnt be a problem.
    And if you also take good care of your watch, scratches and dings are of no concerns.

If I have to choose all over again, I will still go for SS as I prefer heavier watches.

As for resale value...base PAMs are pretty standard around the 5Kish mark, for these 2 models, I believe.
    So I strongly suggest you buy preloved if you are planning to upgrade.

Comment

Pam 111 for me... Unless you are a big fan of Ti
      Gives you everything u want about a PAM

I say that cos i have one
      Itchy for:
      Pam 351

First Team Players:
      Zenith Chronomaster power reserve
      Bvlgari Octo
      IWC 3777-01
      Rollie 116610LN

SuperSubs:
      Omega Speedmaster Olympic Edition
      Blumo

Once was Itching for them:
      Tag Heuer Aquaracer
      Pam 111
      Omega Aqua Terra Chronograph

Comment

It'll have to be the 177 because I like watches big and yet, less heavy. Also, scratches (no matter how light) on polished metal seems more prominent
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hhmmm....thanks all bros. But feel still nout enough yet. I need more judgment and opinios....hahahaha.
          Thanks a loottt......

Comment

Though i am a Ti lover , i think for your first Pam, go for the 111. Its easier to match straps. Casual and formal wears are possbile ,just by changing of straps.

In terms of resale value, they are are quite the same.

Both watches is prone to hairlines and dings. Not much diff,IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              It'll have to be the 177 because I like watches big and yet, less heavy. Also, scratches (no matter how light) on polished metal seems more prominent
              Totally agree with Bro Ocean. No matter how careful you are, you will get a scratch and on polish surface, no matter how light the scratch is, it's so annoying. Specially the bezel area, the scratches keep on appearing and most of the time you don't even realize it there.
              Unless you tend to keep it in the box then go for 111, otherwise get the 177.

Comment

go for 111.. 177 feels light on the wrist. better yet, try them both and see which one sings most to you.

don't worry about scratches.. once you get used to it, it wont matter as much. the watch would still look nice on your wrist anyways!!

also, you can get rid of scratches with polishing cloth such as cape cod, don't polish it too often though.. let the scratches accumulate, and only polish when you absolutely need to get rid of them. mind you i don't have a cape cod.. i just let my watch be as it is.. with scratches, it shows more character than a shiny new watch, and definitely says that you've been enjoying the watch for some time.

Comment

I may not have PAM watches, but I am a fan of 111! I would recommend 111. It just looks very iconic and classical.

Comment

Friend, 5 years ago you may want to keep a Panerai, but now, buy a ROLEX la!

Comment

hi guys i was quoted 7300 for a pam 111 at a shop in lucky plaza. is it considered a good price ?
                      i'll be heading to hk in sep, is it cheaper over in hk ? how abt warranty issues if i purchase in hk ?

Thanks in adv

Comment

PAM 111 list is now 7900? I think can get lower than 7300 on grey market
                        Itchy for:
                        Pam 351

First Team Players:
                        Zenith Chronomaster power reserve
                        Bvlgari Octo
                        IWC 3777-01
                        Rollie 116610LN

SuperSubs:
                        Omega Speedmaster Olympic Edition
                        Blumo

Once was Itching for them:
                        Tag Heuer Aquaracer
                        Pam 111
                        Omega Aqua Terra Chronograph

Comment

HI Guys,

how about PAM 11 vs Pam 5?

Comment

Originally posted by fendiebs View Post
                            Hello,

I am a new PAM fans and never have one before. After reading a lot of thread in this forum :-) I decided it would be nice to have a manual PAM. I just want to feel the "sensation" to wind the crown every morning....hehehe (my other watches are auto). And I think I would not like the 1950 casing since its thickness on my "skinny" wrist....(I never tried though....hehe).
                            So the choices would go to either 111 or 177. But I still can't decide for SS or titanium eventhough I've read a lot of thread also about that. Pros & cons between SS & titanium would always be there. And is it true that titanium need more caring in maintenance? Is it that fragile in term of scratches and dings?

On top of that, budget would be no issue and I just want to take into account for looks and resale value between those two (if i want to sale it in the future).

Any opinions and suggestions would be highly appreciated :-)
                            Thank you sooo muchhh.....
                            Bro, for me........ I would go for PAM 111 for the looks n weight, dress it in different straps, u will have a different looks n feel again. As for the scratch or not, it can be easily polished away. As for Ti, I would go for PAM Sub 25, it will give me a rugged looks together with the Ti material.

Originally posted by boonfei80 View Post
                            HI Guys,

how about PAM 11 vs Pam 5?
                            Still PAM 111 (if you are referring) for the clean dial, less messy. PAM 0 for the logo..........

Comment

Sandwich dial very sexy! :P

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X