Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second PAM for the year...a personal review of PAM 351, my tobacco beauty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second PAM for the year...a personal review of PAM 351, my tobacco beauty.

Watch this space for a short review, pics and my experience with aftermarket straps.

Most of all, why the decision to sell the much loved PAM 111 for this tobacco beauty and by no means coincidental, I am a tobacco lover

From a PAM 111

to a PAM 351

Ever since I gotten the PAM 111, I knew there would be no end. Every single day, I would spent time researching on every PAM model, searching for the next one to buy. With a limited budget for only 2 PAMs, of which, one had to be a Submersible (later in the year lah), I knew sooner or later, 111 had to go.

Don't get me wrong, I love & still misses the 111. Prior to letting it go, every night, I would clean it all over before going to bed. Every morning, I would bond with a full wound before heading to office. And thankful enough, 2288 got me some luck the week before I met his new owner, who happened to be like me, another virgin to the world of PAM. I could sense his passion for PAM and indeed, just like me when I started. And guess what? He told me he has been cleaning it nightly like I did, peeping at it in the office every now and then, like I did. I am just as convinced, he was the next best person to take care of 111.

The next question you must be asking, why PAM 351? Why not 312? Why not 320?
    Truth be told, I much prefer cleaner dials, extra functions does nothing for me and the 1950 case is a MUST. Then I was leaning more towards the 320, but that extra hour hand just didn't do it for me. I wanted that clean simple sandwiched look.

To cut the long story short, I chanced upon a 351 and it blew my mind completely away. Under the sun, the hue of the tobacco dial changes into diff shades of brown, in harmony with the shimmering of those golden hands. I was truly captivated and I found art in the form of a true beauty.

So why not the 312? Well, given the same look, I would say tobacco is the new black.
    That should sum it up for you.

And why not 359? Its overly cluttered, I must say.
    A full dial of numerals and there is no "3" where the date is displayed, which is quite a pain to look at with all the other numerals surrounding it.

to be continued.....

Comment

Congratz man! This' another watch in my wish list which I hope to acquire in the next five years or so. It's really beautiful
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Congrats bro, a nice watch indeed, with the brown dials and gold hands.

Comment

The hunt was on. Each day, I would search for more info and pics of the 351 and with each progressive search, I made better comparison out of the 351. There were also a few 351s on sale that didnt really capture my heart. Either the pricing wasnt great or the photo shots didnt do justice to the watch. Nay...wait a little longer....else go for the Submersible instead, I was telling myself....then just last week..I found a good reason to take the plunge. It is the first of the N series and how often can you get a number 1?

Comment

there is nothing not to love about the 1950 casing you know...its either you like it or you dont....and if you think it doesnt sit well on your wrist, how wrong can you be...

I was more concerned that the titanium making it a less hefty watch....I was wrong too...in fact, its only a fraction lighter than the 312.

Comment

I can't stress enough the beauty of the tobacco sandwich dial and those golden hands....its truly a piece of art.

Comment

Congrats bro...my journey towards getting the PAM 351 is somewhat similar to yours.
                I started off with a PAM 111, sold it and bought a PAM 312, sold it and finally ends up with the PAM 351 on a JV strap...

Comment

Next, the OEM strap has to go because I want to wear my PAM with a pig tail....something I found out researching on PAMs....so much to learn and just over a day, I have found tons of strap makers all over the world offering possible alternatives.....

to be continued....tired...off to bed...yes 351 sleeping with me tonight.

Comment

thanks bro, I believe we share similar thoughts....nice JV straps...where you got them? I am having a headache now thinking about what to match my 351 with....watch my postings soon for the ones I have chosen...

Comment

Nice Watch, the way you post your review it remind me sammyboy......................

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                        Nice Watch, the way you post your review it remind me sammyboy......................
                        err...whos sammyboy?

Comment

Now for the OEM straps....

I wear the top 2nd hole (closest to the lug) and if I want to get a aftermarket strap, would a 120, 125 or 130 be the correct length of the strap?

Thinking of straps from KHeritage....

Comment

There's no correct/wrong length. Only length that you will feel most comfortable with and moreover it has to go well with your wrist size too. I am comfortable with 120 and don't mind 125. Not any longer than that. Not to forget, the strap thickness plays an important part in choosing the length also. The thicker the strap, the longer it should be.

And my experience with KH is by far positive
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

D*mn! My hands are itchy while reading your story! I wan to upgrade to 1950 case too! :P

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X