Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lug screw problem

where can i buy new lug screws?

i bought a strap (ted su) for my wife's PAM 112? unfortunately the tubes does not fit the lugs would you believe??!! was shocked. still i tried to squeeze it in - big mistake. it fit in. but when i tried to remove it that is when all the trouble started. i could not take it off!!!! i guess because the tubes were ill-fitting and i was forcing the screws out. i fear that i damaged the lugs as well not just the screw and i have to change the whole casing???!!! anyone had the same problem and how they fixed it?

thanks.
    =======================================
    PAM 112
    PAM 287
    PAM 359
    Rolex Explorer II 42mm
    Rolex DateJust II
    Cartier Santos XL
    Omega Seamaster

Originally posted by gtsayson View Post
    where can i buy new lug screws?

i bought a strap (ted su) for my wife's PAM 112? unfortunately the tubes does not fit the lugs would you believe??!! was shocked. still i tried to squeeze it in - big mistake. it fit in. but when i tried to remove it that is when all the trouble started. i could not take it off!!!! i guess because the tubes were ill-fitting and i was forcing the screws out. i fear that i damaged the lugs as well not just the screw and i have to change the whole casing???!!! anyone had the same problem and how they fixed it?

thanks.
    Hi..you can buy it from the Richemont service centre for the OEM (which I would definitely suggest- though the price can give you a bit of a shocker)...

If not, plenty on the "bay".....

Good luck

Comment

Agree with bro zameenzahari. Would suggest you better get from Richemont as OEM screw will fit nicer to the case. 3rd party screws might not fit that well and it may look ugly.

At the same time, you may ask them to check any damage to the case while you are there to get the screws.

Comment

@ zameen, shuseido - thanks bros...

yeah i guess richemont is my best option but i dread going there because i am sure i will faint of the price of a stupid screw! and i could i have it checked too...
        =======================================
        PAM 112
        PAM 287
        PAM 359
        Rolex Explorer II 42mm
        Rolex DateJust II
        Cartier Santos XL
        Omega Seamaster

Comment

Standard aftermarket tubes for 44mm pam is 23.8mm, so the tendency for the tube to cause the jam up is pretty slim. Unless the tube is 24mm or more.
          Another possible cause is that some dirt caught in between in lug screw and when you screw in, it jam the thread.

If there is some gap between the strap and the lug, you can ask a leather craftman to professionally remove the strap off and you will be able to see the tube and the lug screw clearly.
          Easily to access where the problem lies from there.

If you change strap very often suggest you get the spring bar lug screw that will prevent such issue to occurs.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X