Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worry about PAM in-house movement

Hello bros,
    Thank you for suggestions on 312, 351 (or even 386). But after reading some threads here, I am now worry about the quality of PAM P.900x calibre movement :-( Found some problems on such machine compare to the old OP calibre.
    What do you all think bros?

Many thanks!

You will not go wrong with models like PAM 000, 005 etc. In terms of looks and movement these will last forever.

However if you yearn for the new models like 312, 321, 351 etc. you'll have to get it with the new P9000 type automatic movement. And everyone is waiting to see how the new PAM 372 with P3000 calibre performs. The P3000 calibre would potentially replace the OP calibre.

Comment

Actually when in comes to keeping time, I am not impressed with PAM's movements. Rolex movements are far more superior when it comes to accuracy. My daily wearers are the PAM 24 (3 years old this Aug) and Rolex GMT Master 16700 (a 12 year old watch that has never been serviced) and I find the Rolex more reliable when it comes to keeping time. Anybody with the same experience?
      His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

The OP III movement, which is a modified Valjoux 7750, used in the PAM 24 is one of the more reliable movement among the movements used in PAMs. But it is no surprise that the 12-year-old Rolex turned out as a winner

The concern with the reliability of the PAM 9000 series is valid, regardless of what the risti may say.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Whaattttt I tot panerai 9k series movement is good????? What are the concerns we are looking at here?? Planning get a panerai soon same choices as ts but leaning more towards 386..

Comment

Hi,

I have the Pam 312M and Pam 305L (both running on P9000 movements). No issues at all. The timings are accurate.

Ken
            Current Love
            Pam 312
            Pam 210
            Pam 372
            Pam 424

Comment

my pam 24 is more accurate than my DJ. PAM doing +/-0 per day. DJ -4 to -6 per day. DJ is A series though.

Comment

Originally posted by redneckk View Post
                my pam 24 is more accurate than my DJ. PAM doing +/-0 per day. DJ -4 to -6 per day. DJ is A series though.
                +/-0 per day....How did you even measure that?

Don't get me wrong, I am not about to start a Valjoux 7750 vs Rolex 3135 debate. Both are tested workhouse, reliable movement.

Comment

Originally posted by lizardking View Post
                  Hi,

I have the Pam 312M and Pam 305L (both running on P9000 movements). No issues at all. The timings are accurate.

Ken
                  Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
                  Whaattttt I tot panerai 9k series movement is good????? What are the concerns we are looking at here?? Planning get a panerai soon same choices as ts but leaning more towards 386..
                  First of all I never say P9000 is bad. Neither did I say all PAMs with P9000 movement will give you problem. Maybe the TS can point you to some of these threads about the said movement. I have read quite a bit of these in the different forums over the past years. Some said there were just a very small % of the watches sold, but it is enough to cause me concern, if I had to fork out 10k or so to buy a watch.

But if there is a good bargain...I might still go for it

Comment

Every brand also got lemon watch one. Dun worry as long as under warranty.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X