Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"time and space - a tribute to galileo galilei" - panerai exhibition in shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "time and space - a tribute to galileo galilei" - panerai exhibition in shanghai

For die hard Panerai fans! All the 2011 new watch models will be on display plus some very rare historical models.

Extract from Panerai website.

Officine Panerai has chosen Shanghai for the only international staging of “Time and Space: a Tribute to Galileo Galilei”, the exhibition in which Officine Panerai puts a range of the most important watches and instruments from its own historical and contemporary collections on display. The show, taking place at the Shanghai Sculpture Space and open to the public from 20th to 31st May 2011, culminates with the exhibition of the “astronomical” triptych made by Officine Panerai as a tribute to Galileo Galilei, on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of his first celestial observations.
    Having premiered in Florence in September 2010, the exhibition comes to Shanghai in a version enriched by the Officine Panerai 2011 collections, and explores three stages. The first is that of history, which uses select pieces from the Panerai Museum to trace the development and establishment of the Panerai brand, from its roots as a Florentine workshop to preferred supplier of precision instruments to the Italian Navy.
    The second stage covers the brand’s international fame following its acquisition by the Richemont group in 1997: a large room displays the most symbolic timepieces of the 14 years in which Officine Panerai renewed the former glory of its iconic watches, the Luminors and Radiomirs, quickly developing a complete range of movements designed and produced in-house in its Neuchâtel factory. This section also features a selection of watches from the latest Officine Panerai collection, including models with the new hand-wound mechanical P.3000 calibre and the Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Bronzo – 47 mm.
    The third stage is a tribute to Galileo Galilei, the genius to whom Officine Panerai, celebrating its shared Tuscan origins and love for science and innovation, has dedicated an “astronomical” triptych, formed from three exceptionally complicated models: L’Astronomo (Luminor 1950 Equation of Time Tourbillon Titanio – 50 mm), Lo Scienziato (Radiomir Tourbillon GMT Ceramica – 48 mm) and the planetarium clock Panerai Jupiterium.

Here is the booklet for the event. Not sure if there is an english version.

Comment

Hi Lee,

I was also told that they have lots of activities these 2 months but unfortunately, I won't be in Shanghai for the next 3 months. Anyway, I was told that they will send out invitation for those who wants to attend.

Comment

Invitation card is on the right side of the above picture but you don't really need an invitation as the exhibition is open to public. The invitation card only serves to identify you as a guest of Panerai.

Comment

Hi LEE

I have the English Verison, try to get one, very limited. And we were invited for a VIP show on Sat.

Comment

Hi LUKE,

I called up the boutique but they said there was no English version?????

Anyway I will see you on Sat cocktail event (organized by Anthony?).

Regards, Lee

Comment

Hi Lee

Love to see you there but i am not free to fly over . There is indeed a English version, i pick up from HK. Try to get one on Sat evening.

Comment

OK here's a brief summary of the exhibition which I attended this afternoon (will be back again tomorrow evening). I won't describe too much but let the pictures "talk" to you.

In typical Panerai fashion, there is plenty darkness in the event exhibition area. First you get to see a short film showing images of the universe from the post-Galilean telescopes. Next comes the moment that every Paneristi is waiting for , display of 18 historical timepieces showcasing the origins of Panerai (difficult to capture good pics under the low lighting). Then comes a display of more than 80 pieces modern time pieces from 1997 to 2011 (including the PAM 372 and 382 Bronzo). Dini from Panerai Switzerland was on hand to demonstrate the assembly of the new P3000 movement (very impressive and according to Dini the P3000 calibre is a very robust movement with 72 hours power reserve). Lastly comes the showcase of the specialities tourbillon models, Equation of Time and Jupiterium :lol:. Lastly is a picture of Ms. Joy Yu (from the IFC OP Boutique) and myself.

Hopefully I can capture more pictures of historical watches tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

I will be popping by the exhibition on Sunday. Can't wait manz.......
                    Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Just came back from the exhibition... very cool indeed!!! Even got a thumbdrive as doorgift! Thanks Panerai!

Comment

nice weather to visit the Time n Space exhibition this afternoon. met up with Ms. Grace Yeung, Communications Director for Richemont Greater China. here are some pics of the timepieces

Comment

Comment

Went to the show today as well. Manage to get a copy of the English version exhibition booklet. Was there around 6plus. Not much ppl. Maybe because it was raining. The exhibition was simply awesome. You get to see models as old as 1936 and also the L'Astronomo Luminor 1950 Equation of Time Tourbillion Titanio which is really a piece of art with technological innovation. It is kinda of amazing how they made a watch like this. Spoke to Dini and another of his colleague (did not get his name). They were very friendly and give me some insight on their P3000 and P9000 calibre. The staffs there were also very friendly, explaining on all the old models that were on display. Will be posting some pics soon......
                            Don't worry, be happy

Comment

now the 2010/11 models.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X