Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local ad vs overseas ad

Hi

Not sure if anyone has asked this before but is there premium for local ad pam over overseas ad pam?

if yes, how much is reasonable? $200, $500?

I am torn between getting a local ad base model at $600 premium over an overseas ad one. both are bnib.

any advice?

Thanks
    My Current
    Rolex TT Sub 16613 Z (traded)
    Rolex SS Sub LV 16610 V (sold)
    Rolex oyster 6694 Sg Roc custom dial
    Rolex SS Daytona Black V (sold)
    Rolex Datejust 2 166333 V
    Rolex Explorer 2 White P (traded)
    Rolex Yachtmaster Z (traded)
    Rolex Milgauss GV V
    Pam 114 K

Wife Current
    Rolex Air King
    Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
    Rolex Sub 16619 WG
    Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

I have never understood with this perceived "advantage" of a local AD vs overseas AD. Richemont will honor all warranty as long as it's within the 2 years period- regardless of where you bought the piece. You can call Richemont and ask them- they will tell you the same. If I'm you, I'll take cheaper of the two (everything else being equal) and buy a Dirk strap or Two with the money I'd save over the local AD set. There should be no premium at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kclee View Post
      Hi

Not sure if anyone has asked this before but is there premium for local ad pam over overseas ad pam?

if yes, how much is reasonable? $200, $500?

I am torn between getting a local ad base model at $600 premium over an overseas ad one. both are bnib.

any advice?

Thanks
      Save your money and get the overseas one!
      you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

thanks for the advice.

1 more question.

Is it worth to pay more for a "triple box" instead of just the "double box" for Pam?

i see a lot of buyers quite particular over the cardboard brown box for pam.

thanks
        My Current
        Rolex TT Sub 16613 Z (traded)
        Rolex SS Sub LV 16610 V (sold)
        Rolex oyster 6694 Sg Roc custom dial
        Rolex SS Daytona Black V (sold)
        Rolex Datejust 2 166333 V
        Rolex Explorer 2 White P (traded)
        Rolex Yachtmaster Z (traded)
        Rolex Milgauss GV V
        Pam 114 K

Wife Current
        Rolex Air King
        Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
        Rolex Sub 16619 WG
        Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

Comment

Originally posted by kclee View Post
          thanks for the advice.

1 more question.

Is it worth to pay more for a "triple box" instead of just the "double box" for Pam?

i see a lot of buyers quite particular over the cardboard brown box for pam.

thanks
          Personally it's just a piece of cardboard but yeah some like it in a full set. No point paying too much more for it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
            I have never understood with this perceived "advantage" of a local AD vs overseas AD. Richemont will honor all warranty as long as it's within the 2 years period- regardless of where you bought the piece. You can call Richemont and ask them- they will tell you the same. If I'm you, I'll take cheaper of the two (everything else being equal) and buy a Dirk strap or Two with the money I'd save over the local AD set. There should be no premium at all.
            +1 , agreed with ZZ, no point of paying the extra, its all the same. And with regards to the cardbox, yes if u are later selling to a true collector, it will mean quite a lot,but to others, it means nothing. If possible ,get the box too to have an ease of mind,imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LUKE View Post
              +1 , agreed with ZZ, no point of paying the extra, its all the same. And with regards to the cardbox, yes if u are later selling to a true collector, it will mean quite a lot,but to others, it means nothing. If possible ,get the box too to have an ease of mind,imo.
              Yes, agree with Luke. It'll be something that your future buyer might be particular about especially if the movement sticker was pasted on the outer brown box. If you can get it complete, why note. A side note though, some of the ADs especially those in Europe will sell w/o the outer brown box and the movement sticker will be pasted on the black box instead. For many collectors, this would be considered a "complete" set albeit w/o the brown box...yes, I know, it gets very confusing!

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                Yes, agree with Luke. It'll be something that your future buyer might be particular about especially if the movement sticker was pasted on the outer brown box. If you can get it complete, why note. A side note though, some of the ADs especially those in Europe will sell w/o the outer brown box and the movement sticker will be pasted on the black box instead. For many collectors, this would be considered a "complete" set albeit w/o the brown box...yes, I know, it gets very confusing!
                Tat's correct. Most of the EU AD will come without the brown box (shipping box) but as long as the movement sticker is pasted on the black box. This is complete.

Comment

agreed. movement sticker is important.

Comment

Pay no premier for local over overseas set.

Outer cardboard box is worth nothing (unless movement sticker is pasted on it). Most people consider double box with all paper as full set.

Comment

For me i am a scrooge - meaning i m a flint head...aka..cheapo kia in local lingo...

I go for price...same package and condition...i go for the cheaper set....regardless from south africa,north pole or singapore...hehehehe...as long original and not replica...hehehehe
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'll quote what our fellow bro Pamdino once said..."Our local AD set is also overseas set for people in other country" What's the diff?! Save the money!!!!
                        1 3 5
                        ├┼┼╕
                        2 4 6 R

Comment

BTW, I noticed no other watch sales forums in this world bothers if the set comes from local AD other than Singapore. Uniquely Singapore!? And I thought Singaporeans like imported stuff?
                          1 3 5
                          ├┼┼╕
                          2 4 6 R

Comment

Not me...i always support local movies,food,products and even watch brands too...
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                              BTW, I noticed no other watch sales forums in this world bothers if the set comes from local AD other than Singapore. Uniquely Singapore!? And I thought Singaporeans like imported stuff?
                              Aren't all the watches in local AD imported stuffs ?

Brought from local AD and oversea AD before.....no difference at all, especially if you are not a big time collector who buys a watch every other month. Loyalty points isn't worth much nowadays.....just go for one with the lowest price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X