PAM Subs...your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM Subs...your opinion

you guys are so right, pammies are more poisonous than rollies....not even into a week of purchase, I am already thinking of getting another PAM...

questions...now that i have a 111, what would be the next PAM you would purchase?

i looked through 312, 351, 320....it doesnt make sense, why get another PAM that looks similar to 111 unless I choose to sell and upgrade which I wont....so came along the SUBMERSIBLE!!!!!....i am leaning more towards the 24 or 243...

reasons for wanting a SUB...
    - so I can alternate with the 111
    - a sportier option

what do you guys think?

I like the 24 becos its heavier, that's for sure but tried it on last night, really not that heavy.

Like the 25 because of the waffle dial, ti is ok but heard its hard to maintain and it lightens the watch...

What about 243? Anyone has one, how does it feel? like the 1950 case, is it heavier, what about RRP?

Search through the forum, appears not many postings on the Submersible...is it not a popular choice here in SG?

Hi bro,

You are so right about the panerai poison.

I m more or less in the same situation with you!

Just bought my Pam312 in March and I m hunting for a sub now. It's either the Pam25 or the Pam305 for me. Was advise that the polish steel case of the Pam24 is a scratch magnet and hence, I left it out. The brushed titianium case and bezel of the 25 does give it a "macho" look but I do not really fancy any pammies with the cyclop as it makes the dial looks kinda "funny" (just my honest opinion, pls dun flame me!) I willl be having a look at the Pam25 today and if it sings to me, I may just bring it home! Else it will definitely be the monstrous 47mm pam305 with inhouse movement, non cyclop, 3 days PW, ......but of cuz the damage to the pocket is more intense! Hehe...

Good luck for your hunt!
    Current Love
    Pam 312
    Pam 210
    Pam 372
    Pam 424

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
      you guys are so right, pammies are more poisonous than rollies....not even into a week of purchase, I am already thinking of getting another PAM...
      questions...now that i have a 111, what would be the next PAM you would purchase?
      i looked through 312, 351, 320....it doesnt make sense, why get another PAM that looks similar to 111 unless I choose to sell and upgrade which I wont....so came along the SUBMERSIBLE!!!!!....i am leaning more towards the 24 or 243...
      - a sportier option
      what do you guys think?
      I like the 24 becos its heavier, that's for sure but tried it on last night, really not that heavy.
      Like the 25 because of the waffle dial, ti is ok but heard its hard to maintain and it lightens the watch...
      What about 243? Anyone has one, how does it feel? like the 1950 case, is it heavier, what about RRP?
      Search through the forum, appears not many postings on the Submersible...is it not a popular choice here in SG?
      Hello!
      Yes, Pams are addictive.. once you get a Luminor, you then start getting this strap and that strap, and then you get a Radiomir and then this strap and that strap, and then a Sub and this strap.... and on and on it goes.
      My personal view is that Subs are not that popular, simply because it's a very 'garang' watch, very fierce, when you wear one, you look as if it will come in useful cracking open the pincers of that chilli crab you are eating.. and so, not many people can pull it off.
      As for the various models, betweent the 24 vs the 25, I would go for the 25 because it is titanium (different look from your SS 111) and comes with a hobnail dial. In fact, from all the models you have listed, I will go for either the 25 or the 243. For the 243, prices are softening because it's overshadowed by the 305, but if you want a T-dial and a 1950s case, a 243i and j should be considered. But do note that some ppl find the bezel of the 243 too thick/ big...
      There are of course other subs like 194, 199 etc but even taking all available models into consideration, I would still go for the 25 or the 243.
      Of course, budget plays a big role so have fun!

Ender
      Last edited by Ender; 28-04-11, 09:45 AM. Reason: Kuah kuaaahhhhhh .....
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

- a sportier option

what do you guys think?

Between the 3 subs you listed, I'd go for the 243. For me it feels more substantial and the 1950 case is a plus for me. However, personally, i feel 44mm subs to be a bit less "balanced" as compared to their 47mm bretherens. I'd suggest you have a look at the 305 too...good luck and happy hunting!

Comment

305 is a beauty!!!!!!very nice sub to have....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

1950's case, swee crown guard( Reg tm & 1000m on lever ) well balanced busy dial.. substantial weight.... If you're a below 7.5" wrist size then it should not be too small & will hve the rugged look... 243 T-dial is more "collectable" but i prefer L dials..

Enjoy your hunt!!
            相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

my PAM 243 serves as my daily watch. yes the construction makes it rugged. weight wise the stainless steel watch head gives it good presence on your wrist. go for the J series 243 which comes with T dial with patina and the quick strap change system (best of both worlds).

for a 47mm dive watch, i'll go for the PAM 187 with chronograph.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                my PAM 243 serves as my daily watch. yes the construction makes it rugged. weight wise the stainless steel watch head gives it good presence on your wrist. go for the J series 243 which comes with T dial with patina and the quick strap change system (best of both worlds).

for a 47mm dive watch, i'll go for the PAM 187 with chronograph.
                Bro, does that mean J series have to buy used?

I have been looking around.
                Prefer a heavy watch so its either 24 or 243
                24 isnt that heavy really, so 25 is out.

And between 24 and 243, might as well pay a bit more to get the 1950 case.
                It does feel very solid and I can carry it off.

So now, close to settling with a 243M.

Comment

yes mostly J series 243 should be pre-owned but if you are lucky you can find some in very good condition. of coz there is nothing wrong with the newer M series except it will come with a Luminova dial.

Comment

Hi, my hesitation has ended. Been pondering over the Pam25 or the Pam305 and I just bought a Pam305 last week. The sub kinda grow on you! It's really a smashing "garang" watch!
                    Current Love
                    Pam 312
                    Pam 210
                    Pam 372
                    Pam 424

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                      yes mostly J series 243 should be pre-owned but if you are lucky you can find some in very good condition. of coz there is nothing wrong with the newer M series except it will come with a Luminova dial.
                      Bro, in your opinion, the logo rubber strap that came with your 243, is it of better quality or the worded rubber strap is better? which is also nicer to pair with 243?

Comment

Originally posted by lizardking View Post
                        Hi, my hesitation has ended. Been pondering over the Pam25 or the Pam305 and I just bought a Pam305 last week. The sub kinda grow on you! It's really a smashing "garang" watch!
                        hey, congrats! tell us more on your decision with the 305....

Comment

Hi, my personal preference is that I just can't accept a Pam with cyclops so that leave pam24/25/243 out. I actually went out to view a pam24 and 25 in person to confirm my taste.

My initial hesitation was that the Pam305 is too plain due to the bigger dial size and I prefer the numerics than batons at 6 and 12 o'clock but I have since grown to luv the simple batons and appreciate the beauty in simplicity On the otherhand, I really luv the 47mm size, the in-house movement, the display case back, the brushed titanium casing and bezel, etc

Now, the 305 definitely will score more wrist time!
                          Current Love
                          Pam 312
                          Pam 210
                          Pam 372
                          Pam 424

Comment

Bro, in your opinion, the logo rubber strap that came with your 243, is it of better quality or the worded rubber strap is better? which is also nicer to pair with 243?
                            i'm using a Ted Su dive strap now. i like this strap as you can fit nicely on your wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by lizardking View Post
                              Hi, my personal preference is that I just can't accept a Pam with cyclops so that leave pam24/25/243 out. I actually went out to view a pam24 and 25 in person to confirm my taste.

My initial hesitation was that the Pam305 is too plain due to the bigger dial size and I prefer the numerics than batons at 6 and 12 o'clock but I have since grown to luv the simple batons and appreciate the beauty in simplicity On the otherhand, I really luv the 47mm size, the in-house movement, the display case back, the brushed titanium casing and bezel, etc

Now, the 305 definitely will score more wrist time!
                              heard the PAM 371 SE will be released soon. a nice alternative to the PAM 305 as the PAM 371 comes with a blue dial.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X