Interest Check - Insert Tray for 4 PAMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Check - Insert Tray for 4 PAMs

I would like to check with the bros & sis here if they wud be interested in an Insert Tray for 4-watches.

So far I know, there isn't such a product yet. My prototype still needs some tweaking here & there (actually a lot of work), and then comes the fitting test into a regular PAM box. Any volunteers to lend me a box?

Remarks: Actual product may differ from prototype.

Once size is ok, I'll produce some limited qty... only if anyone is interested here!

cheers!
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Another interesting project by Bro ten10" Can sms me your selling price" Btw, did u take the same height/ depth on SE box to be safe ? Cheers

Comment

Yup! I oso got reference data from bro p.see, eric and triton. I'm currently working on an order for the 6 watch insert and then will work on improving my 4 watch insert.

Do post your interest here folks, SG-ROC members will be the 1st to get this!

cheers

• Montre de MarQue
      • Etoile D'Or
      • Hotel Indonesia
      • Glory Time
      • The Watch-Collector
      • Time Palace
      • The Swiss Connection
      • M Baker
      • Maurice Lacroix
      • Time Marques

Comment

hahaha, definately me!

Comment

Just to help or feedback. Pams with aftermarket strap tend to be 8mm thick when fully stacked up. Therefore, it add on to the height of a Pam when it sits on the pillow. 95% of the watch boxes out there is NOT suitable because the crystal will be compressed or touch by the watch box cover/lid when close. As a owner my concern - Do you want the lid to touch the watch crystal?
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
            Just to help or feedback. Pams with aftermarket strap tend to be 8mm thick when fully stacked up. Therefore, it add on to the height of a Pam when it sits on the pillow. 95% of the watch boxes out there is NOT suitable because the crystal will be compressed or touch by the watch box cover/lid when close. As a owner my concern - Do you want the lid to touch the watch crystal?
            Hey thanks so much for the reminder bro. No sweat, cuz all my boxes have extra headroom of 35mm.

I believe the case thickness of the thickest watch is 20mm, then add 8mm for the strap is still below the glass window. My secret lies with the watch pillow which 'sinks' and gives an extra 6mm height. All my customers don't have this issue.

No worries bro, if need be, I'll increase the headroom again lah.

cheers

• Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques

Comment

You are an asset to the forum. Should give you "Distinguished Member"
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                You are an asset to the forum. Should give you "Distinguished Member"
                Ten10 is definitely an asset to us...so yeah must support him before some other poachers take him away!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Great project and quality work brother Ten10...if you need to borrow any of the boxes, SE/Normal...just PM me

Comment

His craftmanship is top lah. I have a case made by him and its super nice and fits all my watches well.

Comment

Great idea bro Gene!
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Gene, putting 4 watches in the standard PAM box would be a tight squeeze, especially with big 45 and 47mm watches.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                          Gene, putting 4 watches in the standard PAM box would be a tight squeeze, especially with big 45 and 47mm watches.
                          Thx for the advice bro! Point noted.

I'll finish-up the proto and pass around for a 'fit-test' first. Then all can recommend which models best fit the insert-trays.

Thank you all for your guidance man!!! Especially bro zameenzahari for volunteering the loan of his boxes.

cheers...

• Montre de MarQue
                          • Etoile D'Or
                          • Hotel Indonesia
                          • Glory Time
                          • The Watch-Collector
                          • Time Palace
                          • The Swiss Connection
                          • M Baker
                          • Maurice Lacroix
                          • Time Marques

Comment

i did a check n it would be tough to fit 4 watches in the standard box. what i can suggest is to put 2 centrally which is much better and balanced fit.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                              i did a check n it would be tough to fit 4 watches in the standard box. what i can suggest is to put 2 centrally which is much better and balanced fit.
                              Many thanks for your advice bro!

I've made another prototype tray insert for the regular PAM box and this time it fits perfectly. Just a few minor adjustments more and its ready for sale to members here. I'll post in the sales section once its ready.

The following photo shows the actual product and as bro Leeye says... its better and have a balanced fit!

First photo shows the insert tray without watches; notice that i've added pullout tabs for the whole insert-tray itself and also another pullout tab for the straps.

The next photo shows that the largest diameter watches fit comfortably without elbowing each other.

As I'm recovering from tendonitis, I'm going slow on this project. I'm just wondering if any members here would be interested in this?

cheers!

• Montre de MarQue
                              • Etoile D'Or
                              • Hotel Indonesia
                              • Glory Time
                              • The Watch-Collector
                              • Time Palace
                              • The Swiss Connection
                              • M Baker
                              • Maurice Lacroix
                              • Time Marques

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X