Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam000 or Pam112?

Hi all,

Finally getting my first Panerai this week. Some how have 2 model to choose from Pam000 (private seller) and Pam112 (local AD).

Which one you will choose? Btw only can afford 1 piece.

Pam000 : logo with steel case at the back, private seller oversea set consider BNIB.
    Pam112 : no logo with clear glass at the back, local AD, price different compare to above 1.5k more.

Movement for both is the same right?

Many thanks.

You can't go wrong with both but between the 2, I would go for the 112 simply because of the sandwich dial and rear see-through case. I really do love the sandwich dial which i think makes the dial has so much more depth and of course, having a see through back is always nice to see the movement and after many years, if the movement is rusty (yikes!) or not moving etc..

Comment

What is sandwich dial??? Pam000 is wat dial???

Comment

Pam 112G (or H series) onwards featured a Sandwiched dial where the numerals are cut out with a layer of 'lume' under the it whereas Pam000 has always featured a Painted dial. Both watches are nice but I think the Pam112 edges the Pam000 out by a little. I let go of my Pam000 in favor of Pam112.
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

A 112 does not command 1.5k more than a 000 if both are of similar age/condition. Since you mentioned that the 000 can be considered BNIB, then I think the 112 you are looking is priced at the high side.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

The 112 is from local AD, the stock jst came in yesterday. With the recent increase of price Pam 112 new retail price since 01Apr is $7200 before discount. Discount only range from 5% to 9%. Before the price increase 112 is tag at $6800. Can anyone verify the current price vs previous price?

The 000 is a oversea set, abt 2mths old from a private seller.
            Caculated is 1.5k different.

Comment

Why not take a look both and try first. You can see their differences and the feeling when you look at the watch on your wrist

Comment

Frankly speaking and no offend to people who are wearing pam000. I personally find that the GP logo on the dial looks cartoon. But there's alot of my friends telling me pam000 is more valuable becos of it's logo. This comments also came from the local AD who is selling me the 112.

Anyone can verify???

Comment

Originally posted by LaiDaWei View Post
                  Why not take a look both and try first. You can see their differences and the feeling when you look at the watch on your wrist
                  How I wish I could, but is both different seller. I have seen 000 at hobbylink and 112 in one of the 2nd hand watch dealer in bencoolen building. No much of feeling though.

Comment

Originally posted by etcrow View Post
                    Frankly speaking and no offend to people who are wearing pam000. I personally find that the GP logo on the dial looks cartoon. But there's alot of my friends telling me pam000 is more valuable becos of it's logo. This comments also came from the local AD who is selling me the 112.

Anyone can verify???
                    More valuable as compared to what? The fact is that Richemont price 112 higher than 000. So the maker itself determines that sandwich dial + see-through backcase is worth more than the logo.

Just choose what you like.
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

It is an "OP" logo

Both are Luminor base: Hand-wound OP X calibre with 56 PR.

True more valuable only ~1k different in price cause of its logo compared to 112 which has sandwich dial and see-through sapphire crystal.

Comment

personally like the 112 cos of the caseback but then again, no one can see the caseback unless you take out your watch. I also prefer the lume of the 112 compared to the 000. However, for 1.5k more, not worth it in my point of view. Might as well get the 112 from a grey dealer as well.
                        I want a 116505!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                          ..... Might as well get the 112 from a grey dealer as well.
                          Ageed but till now I didn't come across a grey supplier that sell a brand new one for pam112. For local AD it took me almost 4mths to arrive from the day I place my order.

Comment

Originally posted by etcrow View Post
                            Ageed but till now I didn't come across a grey supplier that sell a brand new one for pam112. For local AD it took me almost 4mths to arrive from the day I place my order.
                            If you're not fussy about a used 112, wait for a while for one for sale to surface, it's pricing should be around $4.7-5.2k depending on condition and the number of accessories that acompany it.
                            Since the 112 costs about 1k more than the 000 brand new but the 112 used pricing is about the same as the 000, you might as well wait out for a 112. If you're more adventurous, you can contact Bro Elshan who is selling a Pam2 PVD that looks mighty impressive : )
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                            Rolex DSSD
                            IWC Big Pilot
                            Pam 112
                            Omega Ploprof
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Glycine F104

Comment

Actually, if you are ok to pay around 6.4K, why don't you consider the 111 as well, which is also a popular model? Between 112 and 111, I would go for the 111. In fact, i traded in the 112 for my current 111. There a new one selling at Visiotime now for 6.4K, which I think is a rather decent price for a BNIB.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X