Pam000 or Pam112?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stektan View Post
    Actually, if you are ok to pay around 6.4K, why don't you consider the 111 as well, which is also a popular model? Between 112 and 111, I would go for the 111. In fact, i traded in the 112 for my current 111. There a new one selling at Visiotime now for 6.4K, which I think is a rather decent price for a BNIB.
    Thanks, saw it in their website, very attractive price. Haha now seem like more choices to decide.
    I guess I found the answer after all the professional experience advice from all the senior here.

Thanks. You guys really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by etcrow View Post
      Thanks, saw it in their website, very attractive price. Haha now seem like more choices to decide.
      I guess I found the answer after all the professional experience advice from all the senior here.

Haha, Visiotime is fine. Dealing with Jacqueline is always a pleasure there, and the boss is a real nice, unassuming guy as well!
      Sweet 16:
      PP Aquanaut
      VC Overseas
      AP ROO Black Themes
      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
      Breguet Type XXI
      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
      JLC Navy Seals
      GO Senator 60s
      GP Laureato
      Zenith Pilot Extra Special
      Rolex DSSD
      IWC Big Pilot
      Pam 112
      Omega Ploprof
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Glycine F104

Comment

112 is decorated movement with see thru case back, sandwich dial, no horsey run of 12, 3, 6, 9 numeric dial

000 is the logo lah. worth a 2nd look : )

I own a Rolex !

Comment

I've gone through both and I would say its a very personal decision and also your own (I hesitate to use this word but) maturity in relation to Panerai's.

I started with a 112I some years back, then transitioned to a 111. Then other Luminor Marina series PAMs. I then sold all and now only eye painted/sausage dial A-F series PAMs. I now don't like the sandwich dials and feel they look weird. I love the 000 as it can be very versatile, is close in "spirit" to the 002 and 201a. PVD/DLCed are gorgeous. Furthermore, a dressed up 6497 is still a 6497 and ever since Panerai departed from the engraved movements of the E-G series, I've lost interest in seeing them so yes, the closed caseback wins for me.

Someone mentioned that the two movements are identical in 000 & 112, that is not correct from a finishing perspective, the 112 has had further finishing done to it. Someone on Risit showed the open caseback of his 005 (same movement as the 000 just with the seconds gear trimmed in the 000) and its a very stock swiss 6497 with cotes de geneve engraving on the same mainplates as a stock 6497 rather than the newer style on the display casebacks. Think there is a pictorial somewhere as well if I can find it.
          Current COLLECTION
          Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Found it, here is a graphic of the manual wind movements utilised in Panerai since WWII

And here shows the movement in a 000/005

The differences are quite obvious I think
            Current COLLECTION
            Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Originally posted by etcrow View Post

hi all, my answer and final decision is Pam112. Finally gotten the new Pam112 from my local AD on 11Apr 2011 Monday @ 1600hr with a 9% discount. Wearing it with constant happiness and exicitment thru out. Original black leather and rubber strap kept in box. Wearing it with dark brown italian calf leather strap custom made from JNS.

Thanks all.

Comment

Congratz! Nice watch, definitely

Show us some pics if you can
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

congrats bro! the journey from researching to owning must have been a good one!
                  do show us some wrist shots!
                  The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

congratulation. picture please : )
                    I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hi all my humble Pam 112. Thanks

Comment

Nice strap there
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          Found it, here is a graphic of the manual wind movements utilised in Panerai since WWII

And here shows the movement in a 000/005

The differences are quite obvious I think

Actually I also just bought a 112 from a grey dealer (BNIB) and when I was looking at the back casing, there is a needle pointing towards a scale that read +/- (as shown in the picture posted and quoted here). I am just wondering what that needle is there for?

Also why is it that if we visit Panerai official webpage, the 112 there actually shows painted dials and not the sandwich dials? The calf leather strap is white at the back whereas the one I got is black at the back also.

Anyone can enlighten us on this two things.

By the way my personal preference is 112 purely because of the see-thru back casing. No doubts its an ETA but then its always amazing to just watch it move. I am also on JnS vintage brown which is fantastic!

Comment

In a 112 you have a Soprod finished ETA 6497 which adds the swan neck regulator to the movement which you can see in this picture;

Essentially after assembling the movement and watch, a watchmaker/smith would regulate the watch, you can do so with the balance cocks on the balance wheel. the regulater needle is meant to indicate which direction to push in to increase or decrease the speed at which the "heart" beats.

On a separate note, the E-G series were my favorite PAM movements

I see a sandwich dial 112 on the Panerai website. You might have gone to a different page.

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id...d_categoria=33
                            Current COLLECTION

Comment

Thanks for the enlightenment! I finally know what is it for!

Am kind of neglecting my Rolex for the moment and wearing my Pam more often. I am not sure when I will revert back to my rolex as the Pam is suppose to be for weekends.

Comment

Since I got my 112, my Rolexes have not seen daylight....hahaha!
                                Rolex SS Daytona 116520 White Dial D-Series
                                Rolex GMT ll 16710 D-Series (stick fonts)
                                Rolex Explorer 2 16570 White K-Series
                                IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto 371417
                                Panerai 112L
                                Tag Heuer SS 2000 Series Boy Size - Circa 1986
                                Vulcain SS Black Roman Dial - Circa 1984
                                Favre Leuba SeaKing - Circa *very old*
                                Sideras Pocket Watch - Circa *very old*
                                My Grandma's Ladies Breitling in Gold Bracelet - Circa 1920

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X