Urgent question: PAM312 power reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
    My ex 312, do not require winding. just shake it a bit and put on - is an auto watch.

Yeah, I really suspect something is wrong, normally auto watches just need to wind few rounds. For peace of mind , i shall bring my watch for check tomorrow at richemont, since its still under warranty period.
    Rolex Submariner Z series

Comment

Something must be obstructing your rotor(not sure the tech. name is correct), the thing that swing with movement and charge up the PR. Good luck

Comment

My 351 is having the same P9000 movement, have not tried fully winding. It last slightly more than 72 hours without wearing it. The only set back is 13 sec faster each day. Just check with Richmont if demagnetisation 1 day job, regulating 10 days at least. Think Pam in house movement not as accurate compare to my submariner (+4sec each day)

Comment

Alright, I've sent my watch to Richemont today, i was told to wait 10 days, they will perform a check on it. Keep fingers crossed....Will update this thread once results are back.

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
            Alright, I've sent my watch to Richemont today, i was told to wait 10 days, they will perform a check on it. Keep fingers crossed....Will update this thread once results are back.
            My 320 in there for 12 working days already and still no news. haha.
            My Humble Collection :
            PAM 320
            Rolex Submariner Ceramics
            Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Guys look like there are some real issues with the in house movement. My 312 went in twice. Brought it to Richemont initially when it was running apprx 10mins faster. They supposedly demagnetized it and was ok for coupla weeks. Went in again after it clocked freaking half an hour faster after it stopped when I was back from my business trip. FYI, I use it as a daily watch....travel with it as well...perhaps the Pam experts can shed some light???? I personally thought this would be a "tough" watch for daily wear......could it be the new in house movement that is causing the problems. Friend of mine owns 4 Pams and so far do not have any probs so far, however, all are ETA movements.
              Getting really frustrated!!!! Perhaps we should all launch a complaint to Panerai....have a funny feeling I may have to send it in again for a third time....guys, I bought the piece brand new not preowned.

Comment

all the more why the "older" ETA (OP calibre) movements are sought after by collectors. may take OP some time to rectify the problem with this in-house movement which is the heart of many new models.

as for the consumers, once bitten twice shy. for the same price would you go for something else? hmmm....................

Comment

Personally, I would......makes me think twice....on possibly three times before going for another PAM. Am thinking of getting the new sub ceramic instead....guess what...my trusted back up watch is my oyster perp which was a gift from my dad more than 15 hrs ago...never gave me a single prob....sighz

Comment

Originally posted by tyongchi View Post
                    My 320 in there for 12 working days already and still no news. haha.

Bro tyongchi,

What happened to ur watch?

Comment

10 days for regulating?

when I regulate my rolex sub, it takes less than 1 hr at RSC.

my 312 is running very fine.
                      Richemond got QC problem??
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
                        Bro tyongchi,

What happened to ur watch?
                        Too fast like aeroplane. Sent in for regulation. Collecting tomorrow.
                        My Humble Collection :
                        PAM 320
                        Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

The whole episode just made the place Panerai had in me dropped.... I stilll trust my Rolex

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
                            bro Charle,

i got a 312m, my case a bit similar to yours, i tried to monitor the pr after 1week of using, it ran down for bout 60hours( off my hand), then i wore it for the next 2days. after which i left it to run while i switch to another watch and this time it stopped after 36hrs. my daily wrist action not much, only normal desk work so i guess my case is lack of wrist movement. now i give it 5 - 10 winds daily to compensate for the lack of wrist movement. BUT, it did not stop while i was wearing it. SO, its impt in my view that how much wrist movement u getting daily, if i wear my watch and do nothing for 4 days, should stop. If u wear it like your rolex and the pam stops rolex doesnt then it means something is wrong... hope i have been of some help to you.

update, after letting the watch run down after full wind up this time, it clocked about 73 hours for PR.. happy now. but bro charles, send in if u still have any problems. sometimes its the negative feedbacks that do more damage to the brand rather than the timepiece itself. hope u will resolve your prob soon.

cheers
                            ray
                            相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Collected my 320 today. Richemont told me they have regulated to +1 sec per day. To be verified .....
                              I think Richemont polished away the scratch on my PAM too. The scratch is not obvious now.
                              My Humble Collection :
                              PAM 320
                              Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

bro for all automatic watch although it's power reserve for 3 days you can whine it up or depend on hand movement. Although if you wear it straight for 3 days but without sufficient movement the watch won't last you exactly 3 days. like for instant ppl working in office facing computer throughout the day, yes, you're wearing the watch but there's very minimum movement for it. That's why it may stop. In another point of view if unluckily the problem lies with your watch mostly it's because of the rotor, some watch their rotor are screwed tightly so maybe that's also one of the reason why the watch will not whine up enough power on it's own.

hope this gave you a rough idea though. cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X