Urgent question: PAM312 power reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question: PAM312 power reserve

I have been wearing my watch for 3 days. Fully wind on the first day. But on the 3rd day today. It stopped. I didnt turn the crown during this period of 3 days thinking that my arm movement would make the power reserve full to last for 3 days. Is there something wrong with my PAM 312?? So worried..... Its so different from my Rolex auto watches.
    Rolex Submariner Z series

hello this should not be a worry..
    like you mentioned 312 have got a PR for 72hours so technically it should stop after 3 days from last full wind... so every other 2 days you might want to re-wind it to the full PR to aviod this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Daivaan View Post
      hello this should not be a worry..
      like you mentioned 312 have got a PR for 72hours so technically it should stop after 3 days from last full wind... so every other 2 days you might want to re-wind it to the full PR to aviod this.....

Thanks for reply.. my rolex and Pam are named automatic watches. Rolex doesnt require winding and panerai does. What are their main difference?

So the 3 days of wmovement doesnt charge up the watch at all and i need to re wind 'on daily basis' to make the PR to its full 3 days?

Comment

apology mis-read your message...
        hmm. yes it is a automatic with 3 days PR.. It will keep running for 3 days after you stop wearing it, designed in mind to tide over the weekend if you are not wearing so that you need not re-adjust the time again
        However it should not stop when you are continously wearing it for, like you mentioned - 3 days.

possible senario is that you have not fully winded the watch or? Maybe some expeert here can shed some light?

Comment

Originally posted by Daivaan View Post
          apology mis-read your message...
          hmm. yes it is a automatic with 3 days PR.. It will keep running for 3 days after you stop wearing it, designed in mind to tide over the weekend if you are not wearing so that you need not re-adjust the time again
          However it should not stop when you are continously wearing it for, like you mentioned - 3 days.

possible senario is that you have not fully winded the watch or? Maybe some expeert here can shed some light?

Yeah, when i first got it, i should have fully or at least 75% wound. If not my arm movement would also cause to PR to be at its 100% peak? ( not sure about it, correct me if i am wrong).
          I am surprised that on the 3rd day approx after 73 hours, it stopped.

any expert can comment?

Comment

an automatic watch should not require winding if you wear the watch every day (even alternate days would be ok).

seems the PAM 312 is having issues with the movement on some watches (check below thread). after reading the thread i am wary on the new in-house movement. best to bring your 312 watch in to Richemont Service Center to check what is wrong.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...+defect+PAM312

Comment

if you wear it daily with reasonable wrist movement, it should not stop.

reasonable movement being walking arm movement, bigger wrist movement like moving things etc.
              desk bound moves like typing is unlikely to wind a lot.

i would say, do not hand wind it. wear it while moving around and monitor. if it does not wind up the main
              spring at all, there may be a winding problem.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Assuming i wind my watch upon getting it on the first day say 50% of its PR , and wearing it for 3 days (working hours - desk bound). By right should the watch stop or carrying on moving? ( no winding of crown at all)

Comment

bro Charle,

i got a 312m, my case a bit similar to yours, i tried to monitor the pr after 1week of using, it ran down for bout 60hours( off my hand), then i wore it for the next 2days. after which i left it to run while i switch to another watch and this time it stopped after 36hrs. my daily wrist action not much, only normal desk work so i guess my case is lack of wrist movement. now i give it 5 - 10 winds daily to compensate for the lack of wrist movement. BUT, it did not stop while i was wearing it. SO, its impt in my view that how much wrist movement u getting daily, if i wear my watch and do nothing for 4 days, should stop. If u wear it like your rolex and the pam stops rolex doesnt then it means something is wrong... hope i have been of some help to you.
                  相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

To check PR, full wind and leave it in your drawer. Check how many hourse before it stops. I'm getting about 69 hours PR after 7 days of wear (from 7am - 7pm daily).
                    My Humble Collection :
                    PAM 320
                    Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                    Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Same principle as watch winder.. Your arm movement is like the winder.. When enuff movement will wind/charges the PR. If you don set to the min amount of TPD (turn per day) you will notice your PAM eventually will come to a stop.. Just how soon it stop..
                      | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
                        I have been wearing my watch for 3 days. Fully wind on the first day. But on the 3rd day today. It stopped. I didnt turn the crown during this period of 3 days thinking that my arm movement would make the power reserve full to last for 3 days. Is there something wrong with my PAM 312?? So worried..... Its so different from my Rolex auto watches.
                        Yes, is not working well. bring it to Richemont to get it fix. try to ask for a 1 to 1 exchange if yours is newly bought.
                        Unless you want a manual 312

Comment

Thanks guy for valuable input.

I shall wind the watch as much as possible and monitor it again. I am surprised that it stopped after putting it at rest for 3 hrs after wearing for at least 15 hrs sitting at my office desk.

Comment

Thanks guy for valuable input.

I shall wind the watch as much as possible and monitor it again. I am surprised that it stopped after putting it at rest for 3 hrs after wearing for at least 15 hrs sitting at my office desk.
                            My ex 312, do not require winding. just shake it a bit and put on - is an auto watch.

Comment

I am surprised that it stopped after putting it at rest for 3 hrs after wearing for at least 15 hrs sitting at my office desk.
                              Seems like an issue if it stops in 3 hrs after 15 hrs of wear. Bring it to Richemont for check. Btw, is your watch running fast too? My 320 is like aeroplane, gain 3+ mins in 5 days. Now in Richemont (almost 10 working days already) for regulation and checking on the PR.
                              My Humble Collection :
                              PAM 320
                              Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                              Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X