Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please advice : shld i trade my pam 312 for pam 233?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how i wish i could keep my 312 n buy 233 =( god is testing me...zzzz

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Seems like all opinions are FOR for the 233, so let me give a different voice

From what I read you are willing to top up 5k-6k because 233 "is nicer". Wasn't 312 very nice to you once, and is still quite nice? Is the 233 6k nicer than the 312?

Is that just the look that you are going for? How much do you appreciate the additional functions and the more complicated movement? Do you really need an 8-day power reserve? Doesn't the 3-day PR of your 312 serve you good enough?

Have you seen recently some 233 owners in this forum selling or trading down their 233 and wonder why?

And finally, 6K can buy you a very nice preowned Rolex sport model (Sub/GMT/Explorer 2).

Not to discourage you from your intention, but just to provide some different views.
      if you ask me why m i selling my 233,like some of my buddies asked me...i told them no particular reason, i still luving my 233. Just feels like selling it,and keep a historic base. I still remembered once a guru (shifu you know who you are LOL ) told me....
      "a 233 for a beater, too much". Yeah i worn it like a beater LOL,and had received so much compliments....whoa thats a nice panerai!

*Hoping i bump into a gray theme,the one and only AP i will buy. Than keep a base historic pam....233 is e "all in one" or one and only pannie you like to own. A fun modern pam to own and wear...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        Seems like all opinions are FOR for the 233, so let me give a different voice

From what I read you are willing to top up 5k-6k because 233 "is nicer". Wasn't 312 very nice to you once, and is still quite nice? Is the 233 6k nicer than the 312?

Is that just the look that you are going for? How much do you appreciate the additional functions and the more complicated movement? Do you really need an 8-day power reserve? Doesn't the 3-day PR of your 312 serve you good enough?

Have you seen recently some 233 owners in this forum selling or trading down their 233 and wonder why?

And finally, 6K can buy you a very nice preowned Rolex sport model (Sub/GMT/Explorer 2).

Not to discourage you from your intention, but just to provide some different views.
        Not to get into an argument with you but I think we buy luxury watches with the heart and NOT the brain. If not the most practical and best of the best watch would be a $30 Casio which surpasses ALL automatic watches by a million times. I just sold my 233 last week in search of the "best" watch but it can't be found bcos the best watch is one that you have not owned it yet!
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

I agree with bearbearfury that you should 'go with your feeling'...
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
            I agree with bearbearfury that you should 'go with your feeling'...
            Most of the time, our feeling can kill our hard earn $$$$ but look on the brighter side, it's help to booast the sales for Richmont too...hehehe

Comment

Go for 233 if you really love it. You do need to top up $$$ but I think it is better to own an watch (within your budget) you really love rather than buying 2 watches within the amount which you find acceptable. I used to own a 320 (GMT version of 312) and have moved on to 233. Stil miss the clean look of 320 but each time I wear 233, I don't miss 320 anymore BTW, IMHO 233 sits better on wrist than 312.

Oh, another forumer also looking for a mint 233 DOT edition. You know who you are

Comment

without a doubt yes. 233 is fast becoming a classic that 312 IMHO will never quite make it..

Comment

For this hobby of ours, logic does not really apply.
                  Passion tends to be the critical override.
                  Between a 312 and a 233, I will get the 233.
                  I will not get both as I find them too similar.
                  My view is go to a AD/grey dealer again, and try on the 233.
                  After that, give yourself 2 weeks to make the final decision.
                  During this 2 weeks, try out different strap combi with your 312.
                  Sometimes with a different strap, you may find yourself appreciating the 312 again.
                  After the 2 weeks, if you are still pining for the 233, go for it.
                  Life's too short to be spent wondering if the 233's worthwhile to get etc...and until you get it, you will never really know the answer.
                  Have fun!
                  Last edited by Ender; 05-01-11, 10:19 AM. Reason: Donch tell you.
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

Variety is the spice of life. I'll keep the 312 and buy another watch with the $6k. Until I reach X number (fill in your own number here) of watches, thats when I'll start upgrading the existing pieces and the whole process starts all over again.

But that's just my philosophy when it comes to watches.

Comment

Just bear in mind, all Pam models always look great for all Pam lovers but some may like certain models eg.GMT,bracelet,8-10 days etc... But some may just like a very base look
                      So IMHO there us not straight answer to this but u must feel good when u place on your wrists n don't over-stretch your $$$$ reserve,mh 3 cents info!

Comment

233 "simi sai" also have functions win hands down. On a hindsight - it is a more expensive watch to maintain just like a Nissan Skyline GTR; every 5k must change oil and the oil must be Nissan skyline oil. To drain the oil also need to unscrew more screws than other make. OMG... sell sell sell..
                        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                          233 "simi sai" also have functions win hands down. On a hindsight - it is a more expensive watch to maintain just like a Nissan Skyline GTR; every 5k must change oil and the oil must be Nissan skyline oil. To drain the oil also need to unscrew more screws than other make. OMG... sell sell sell..
                          bro imo watches are different vs the cars....but of cos i'm not discouraging not to send in our watches for servicing. I would send my watches to SC for service is only when i notice there is too much time lose/gain. Otherwise i will just wear and enjoy....(except some vintage pieces meant to be kept LOL)

Comment

beautiful dome crystal

nice dial

more refine movement.

thinner.

cannot understand why the 3 day auto have to be so thick and no instant date change.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                              bro imo watches are different vs the cars....but of cos i'm not discouraging not to send in our watches for servicing. I would send my watches to SC for service is only when i notice there is too much time lose/gain. Otherwise i will just wear and enjoy....(except some vintage pieces meant to be kept LOL)
                              hahaha.. just my weird analogy
                              I own a Rolex !

Comment

+1 for the 233, never regret buying it ... still loving it

Cheers
                                Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
                                Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
                                Rolex Seadweller 126600
                                Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
                                Rolex Submariner 16610
                                Tudor Pelagos LHD
                                Panerai 233
                                Panerai 104
                                Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
                                Sinn Ultimate U
                                Sinn U2 S