Getting my first Pam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my first Pam.

Hi I'm thinking of gettting my first Pam and wondering which Contemporary Luminor model holds the best value? I'm thinking if I should get one with bracelet or strap?

The basic 000 or 005 would be your best choice. You won't go wrong with these 2 models.

Comment

If you are concerned about depreciation, my advice is to get a preowned one. PAM watches used to hold their value quite well but not anymore. Just look at how slow the watches are moving in the sales garage even with lower asking price than before.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        If you are concerned about depreciation, my advice is to get a preowned one. PAM watches used to hold their value quite well but not anymore. Just look at how slow the watches are moving in the sales garage even with lower asking price than before.
        I never own a PAM watch before but wish to buy one PAM either 320 or 104.
        After read what u wrote above, i also feel the same way. What happening there?
        Currents:

AP ROO Safari
        Rolex Submarine Smurf
        Rolex Datejust TT
        Tag Heuer Carrera
        Omega SeaMaster Aqua Terra
        Seiko Military

Comment

i feel that they have been producing too many watches.

imo historic models are still timeless. simple to the roots. movement solid like a tank.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Shibanban View Post
            I never own a PAM watch before but wish to buy one PAM either 320 or 104.
            After read what u wrote above, i also feel the same way. What happening there?
            Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            I think the price for Panerai has normalized compared to the feverish days. Panerai like other watch brand can also be subjected to price drop & certain % cut after it is being worn. Generally, they still hold value. Of course don't expect it to be $15k after you bought for $12k something like that.
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

I think holding value is secondary. Buy a model that you'll like & keep for at least a few years. If you buy & then sell within 6 months, whichever brands, most likely you'll lose money.

Most of the luxury watch brands' price/value has been affected quite badly in the past few years.

Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X