Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyers: You still can've your watch checked & authenticated at Richemont & it's free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
    Don't get so jumpy.
    I have done this for over 40 sale & purchase trades.

Not everyone will back out from the repairs, servicing & replacement quoted.
    Some seller & buyer would like to proceed.
    Half of e time, my buyer or seller would agree to proceed with the quoted repair.

The reason why Richemont discontinued the authentication service is because they want to put a stop to the practice of bad condition watches from being authenticated, and more importantly, ensure that they earn more profits when owner/buyer/seller agree to the quoted repairs & service.

Don't worrie about Richemont uncovering this plot as they are well aware of this since before some of us here worn a mechanical watch.

Pls call Richemont & ask them if this is what they want or don't want before you try to accuse me of encouraging this to up my sale.
    FYI I have nothing to sell for almost half a year.

I am merely here to relay & share my personal experience that Richemont has nothing to lose as not everyone will back out and this is what they want.
    Pls call Richemont & confirm what I say here.
    Either they have been telling you a different version or telling some of us a different version. But since you are such a regular(not to be confused with welcomed) customer, maybe you are right. Or did richemont send you to be their spokesman to help them advertise their free service?

When I go there to collect my watch after servicing, will surely ask them more about you.

Comment

Don't fool ourselves

How do we know your right to refuse the quoted service is not what Richemont wants?

Members are free to say this is an abuse, cheat & taking advantage of the system and all this will lead to more $ later, BUT are we sure this is not what Richemont want?

Do we really know for sure if Richemont is not targeting sellers who try to pass badly serviced and service due watch for sale by forcing us to send the watch in & get a repair qoute?

I personally suspect Richemont actually want us to be informed of our watch actual condition & also earn more $ than just authentication for Richemont and at the same time help us protect our investment value with proper care as not all of us will reject the quoted service.

To all members, you don't have to worrie bout Richemont being abuse here as it is the other way around. Richemont is trying to force us to learn what we buying, and Richemont & other watch repair/service ctrs are aware of this practice.

If pre-charge will happen due to my suggestion, then I guess Rolex would have pre-charge us since 1980, right?
      Can you imagine how many pre-owned, LNiB & BNiB Rolex changed hand with my method since then? Some of us here has been doing this with Rolex awareness since before I am born!
      Everybody has been doing this at Rolex Service Ctr like since 4ever.

Common, you don't have to worrie as I can assure you, my suggestion is helping Richemont earn more $ from members here who may accept the repair & service qoute & this maybe what Richemont wants as I think $85 is just too little for em.

Comment

We always learn from each other.
        I consider myself as a very novice collector & some say flipper.
        And I learn many thing from you all here.
        Most importantly I am still learning from you all.

The problem I have is polished Radiomir case, non-OEM mainspring, stem, badly done repair/service, fake parts & defective parts.
        Even when I open the back case, I can't really tell if the stem & mainspring that usually get broken due to normal wear & tear are replaced with OEM or non-OEM.

I also can't tell if the lubricant used is the expensive one that can last 3yrs or just a normal one that will only last for a year.
        The pros can tell by the colour of the grime formed. I can't. They all look the same to me.

There are also cases where the nuts used are not OEM as the non-certified technicians slipped & burred the nut head during servicing. And the 3 nuts on the 6497 mvmt that are non-OEM is very hard to accertain as they actually have very slightly different color that we can't tell even with a loupe. I can't, that is for sure but I know many members here who can.

I have also encountered many cases of non-OEM seal & O-ring from being used on back case & crown. How can we tell this is what we are getting? I know many members here can tell e correct one by just looking at the colour but I really can't even after repeated coaching by esteemed members here.

Radiomir case that is polished & non-polished is very hard to tell even if you bring along a good sample. I have known long time Lao chiao here who couldn't even tell if good & bad sample are put together side by side.

Many watches also have non-OEM crystal that is very hard to determine if you don't have a good sample to compare.
        Some are so good that the difference are just the anti reflective coating colour.

So, I have always insist on meeting my seller at Richemont to clear my mind. That's all to it.
        I am also a buyer.
        And I can assure you, from my own personal experience since 2007, Richemont know we are doing this.

Comment

You really know a lot, else how can you wrote so much.
          You are humble but still want others to know you have the "liao" (stuff).

Just a question --> Does it matter if you are collector or flipper?

We always learn from each other.
          I consider myself as a very novice collector & some say flipper.
          And I learn many thing from you all here.
          Most importantly I am still learning from you all.

The problem I have is polished Radiomir case, non-OEM mainspring, stem, badly done repair/service, fake parts & defective parts.
          Even when I open the back case, I can't really tell if the stem & mainspring that usually get broken due to normal wear & tear are replaced with OEM or non-OEM.

I also can't tell if the lubricant used is the expensive one that can last 3yrs or just a normal one that will only last for a year.
          The pros can tell by the colour of the grime formed. I can't. They all look the same to me.

There are also cases where the nuts used are not OEM as the non-certified technicians slipped & burred the nut head during servicing. And the 3 nuts on the 6497 mvmt that are non-OEM is very hard to accertain as they actually have very slightly different color that we can't tell even with a loupe. I can't, that is for sure but I know many members here who can.

I have also encountered many cases of non-OEM seal & O-ring from being used on back case & crown. How can we tell this is what we are getting? I know many members here can tell e correct one by just looking at the colour but I really can't even after repeated coaching by esteemed members here.

Radiomir case that is polished & non-polished is very hard to tell even if you bring along a good sample. I have known long time Lao chiao here who couldn't even tell if good & bad sample are put together side by side.

Many watches also have non-OEM crystal that is very hard to determine if you don't have a good sample to compare.
          Some are so good that the difference are just the anti reflective coating colour.

So, I have always insist on meeting my seller at Richemont to clear my mind. That's all to it.
          I am also a buyer.
          And I can assure you, from my own personal experience since 2007, Richemont know we are doing this.

Comment

Just here to share what I know, which is very little.
            Pls forgive me if I have offended anyone here.

I have not keep myself updated due to family emergency for half a year now.
            So, pls accept my apologies if what I say is wrong.

But, to all buyers here, pls don't forget what I said, confirm my findings, evaluate my suggestions & judge it yourself.

Comment

Fred-- After the the last saga,I dont think there is a need to start a war on this issue. As I have said in the very beginning,I appreciate your suggestions but please do this in a discreet manner.

There is not a need to annouce loudly to the whole world what you know or do at any service centres.

Sometimes 点到为止 is the best. 越描越黑 is not a good thing.

That is all I have to say to close this chapter.

Thank you

Comment

I hear ya, cheers

Originally posted by patricia View Post
                Fred-- After the the last saga,I dont think there is a need to start a war on this issue. As I have said in the very beginning,I appreciate your suggestions but please do this in a discreet manner.

There is not a need to annouce loudly to the whole world what you know or do at any service centres.

Sometimes 点到为止 is the best. 越描越黑 is not a good thing.

That is all I have to say to close this chapter.

Thank you

Comment

hi fred,

when authenticating a watch at richemont, will richemont provide all the neccessary numbers that you need to tally to that of the papers(cert and cosc)?

thanks in advance

Comment

No authentication papers will be provided

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
                    hi fred,

when authenticating a watch at richemont, will richemont provide all the neccessary numbers that you need to tally to that of the papers(cert and cosc)?

thanks in advance
                    Richemont will only check & quote the repairs & service needed if they are needed.
                    No serial numbers, individual numbers, COSC & movement numbers will be provided by Richemont.

What you get when you bring in your watch for checks is 2 scenario:
                    - They sent you off without a word or comment (Your watch is fake or has fake parts)
                    - They give you a quotation for service or they told you no service is needed (Your watch is real & all parts are correct & real)

Comment

Diy

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
                      hi fred,

thanks in advance
                      Btw, you can match the COSC paper numbers yourself with the mvmt number if your watch is a see-thru back.
                      You can also match the warranty card number with the case+individual number on the back case on your own. But some warranty card are blanks and this is ok.

You can also match the sticker & tag millisimation serial, case+individual number to the back case millisimation serial and case+individual number yourself.
                      But some watch never come with any sticker or tag, and this is ok as well.

If your watch is a in-house non-ETA mvmt watch, you will not have any warranty card. Instead, your warranty is inside a black booklet that also contain case+individual number & mvmt number.

Take note, for non-see thru back case, you will not be able to match mvmt number on your own.

Lastly, no watch company will help you authenticate your booklet or warranty card, scroll & sticker.

PS: If your watch is a limited edition, you can also match the scroll serial number with the millesimation serial number at the back case. Missing scroll for Limited Edition watch is not acceptable to serious collectors

Comment

What I can see is richemont do not want their logo on a piece not serviced by them.

Whoever wants a 100% peace of mind > send to them for service

Similarly my encounter with swatch group (for omega)
                        They do not do authentication.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

hi fred tan,

an interesting article on free authentication. however what is the address of richemont?

thanks in advance

Comment

Richemont Address

Originally posted by kany View Post
                            hi fred tan,

an interesting article on free authentication. however what is the address of richemont?

thanks in advance
                            390 Havelock Rd
                            King Ctr #08-05
                            Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm

Comment

390 Havelock Rd
                              King Ctr #08-05
                              Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
                              Thanks much to all fellow Rolexians for sharing! Is Richemont still providing the free authentication service? Cheers all! ;-)
                              My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                              Rolex DateJust 16233,
                              Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                              Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                              Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                              Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                              Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                              Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                              Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                              Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

"Free" Since I know them, they had been charging a fee. Now, not only have they stopped charging for the service, they have already STOPPED to provide this service totally!
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X