Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyers: You still can've your watch checked & authenticated at Richemont & it's free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers: You still can've your watch checked & authenticated at Richemont & it's free!

Yes, free.

Just ask any prospective seller to meet at Richemont to have the watch head (sorry bracelets, strap & buckle cannot be authenticated & was never authenticated previously) check for defects, damaged parts, wrong parts, fake parts, accuracy, corrosion, leakage, abuse & fake watch and to for the technicians to check if servicing, repairs & replacement are needed.
    It's will just take 15 - 30min.

If there's nothing wrong w e watch, you can close e deal with your seller safely.
    But pls do not conduct your buy/sell deal in Richemont or any service ctr as you will be chased out.

If e technician found any fake parts or if e whole watch head is fake, you will be refused service immediately, ur watch closed & will be returned & no comment will be given by e 3 beautiful receptionist. That's e deal in R & everywhere else.

If the 2 technicians found damaged, badly done servicing, corroded, leakage, wrong parts, worn, torn parts inside ur watch, u will get a quotation from the receptionist.

There's nothing wrong with backing out from the repairs, replacement & service & telling Richemont or any repair ctr in e world of all brands tat you decided not to go ahead with e repairs. It's your right to refuse after you receive the quotation.

At least you the buyer know what's wrong with the watch even if both of you decided not to service or repair e watch.

The prospective buyer will be the new owner.
    The seller is the current owner.
    Both prospective buyer/seller who bring any watch to any official service centre worldwide of all brands deserve this service as it's your consumer rights to get a quotation before any work can start even when you know the watch is new.

And, if there's nothing wrong with your watch, you'll be told so as well.

If any parts on or inside your watch head is fake, the service ctr will deny you service without any comment.

All buyers should demand to meet up & check at official service ctr from their seller as it only take 15min.
    I know I will.

This is not about dishonesty, trickery or taking advantage of any1.
    It's about your right as a consumer!

So the notion that Panerai watch can no longer be authenticated is not true.
    Richemont is actually helping prospective buyers here by 'forcing' e sellers to have their watches checked for defects, fakes & etc, for free.

Any sellers that suddenly back out or tell e prospective buyer that their watch is sold after you request em to meet up at R and give you excuse that they have lotsa good feedback, reputation to protect, can't leave e shop to meet you, nowhere to hide in small Spore if e deal is bad & etc should be treated with absolute care.

Remember this, once e watch pass from seller to buyer, the seller no longer has any obligation if there's a fake, damaged, wrong, badly installed parts/watch.
    Buyers stand to lose if you are not careful.

Thanks for the heads up Fred! Really appreciated.

Hope all sellers/buyers will do the right things at the service center so we all can keep enjoying the services/facilities.

Comment

Get ready for all service centres to levy a fee upon taking your watch in! With this out in the open, its only a matter of time. Same thing happened in electronics line, and we shall see the same thing happening.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Because as too often here, people will abuse the system instead of doing their own work and investigating the providence of a watch. I find its only in Singapore this culture of depending on the service centre's to do your validation prevails.
        Current COLLECTION
        Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

just wondering, what if we just tell the girl that you just bought the pre-owned watch and check if it needs service.

i don't think they will refuse to give a thorough check for the piece?

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            Get ready for all service centres to levy a fee upon taking your watch in! With this out in the open, its only a matter of time. Same thing happened in electronics line, and we shall see the same thing happening.
            Yes, agree on this point. In Singapore, Philip electronic is charging their customer a fee for checking what wrong with their purchase(warranty expired)

Just that some people think is a MUST to be serve. Not sure what is behind/under the theory of “fundamental trade common law”.

Overseas AD does the verification check why our local AD (Singaore) does not provide this service??? Does this show that Singapore - NO LAW ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
              Yes, agree on this point. In Singapore, Philip electronic is charging their customer a fee for checking what wrong with their purchase(warranty expired)

Just that some people think is a MUST to be serve. Not sure what is behind/under the theory of “fundamental trade common law”.

Overseas AD does the verification check why our local AD (Singaore) does not provide this service??? Does this show that Singapore - NO LAW ?
              Not just phillips, last time telco line, we also levy a fee for phones in warranty (but suspect of water damage). we dont do it so much for the money; but so as to be fair to other customers, and not wasting the technicians time. how fair is it to bring in something, only to tell them, sorry, i come back another time.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Just sent my phone to Sony Ericsson service centre. Pay 10.70 up front for them to quote. After the quote, repIr or not up to customer but no refund. If repair, 10.70 will be offset in final bill.

Did the lawyers at SE not advice their company about fundamental trade common law?

Who is to say that if every month 100 people turn up at richemont with same request and some people doing it 3 times a week that richemont does not follow SE method. When that happens, we know who to thank.

Richemont used to do it for free. They started charging because people abuse this. Now, they stop also because people abuse it. They will come up with more rules if people continue to abuse it.

Btw, this thread is a double post. I think mod should either delete or subsume it under the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  Just sent my phone to Sony Ericsson service centre. Pay 10.70 up front for them to quote. After the quote, repIr or not up to customer but no refund. If repair, 10.70 will be offset in final bill.

Did the lawyers at SE not advice their company about fundamental trade common law?

Who is to say that if every month 100 people turn up at richemont with same request and some people doing it 3 times a week that richemont does not follow SE method. When that happens, we know who to thank.

Richemont used to do it for free. They started charging because people abuse this. Now, they stop also because people abuse it. They will come up with more rules if people continue to abuse it.

Btw, this thread is a double post. I think mod should either delete or subsume it under the other thread.

Glad that we share a common understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
                    Glad that we share a common understanding.
                    You and I are not alone. Many others also share this understanding. Unfortunately, it only takes a fwe to upset things.

Comment

You and I are not alone. Many others also share this understanding. Unfortunately, it only takes a fwe to upset things.
                      I totally agree with you. Exploiting such "loophole" can only be a short term solution. Worst, it will affect people who would genuinely need repairs done should Richemont decides to charge just to provide quote.

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                        I totally agree with you. Exploiting such "loophole" can only be a short term solution. Worst, it will affect people who would genuinely need repairs done should Richemont decides to charge just to provide quote.
                        Totally agree. Many collectors build up cordial relationship with the AD or Richemont only for such people to damage it.
                        Exploiting the loophole is bad but why this person decide to go onto the open and 'encourage' others to do so is quite beyond me.

Comment

Totally agree. Many collectors build up cordial relationship with the AD or Richemont only for such people to damage it.
                          Exploiting the loophole is bad but why this person decide to go onto the open and 'encourage' others to do so is quite beyond me.

Maybe the discontinuation of the authentication service somehow affects him directly..like his sales...I'm just sayin'...I still think that buyers should really do their homework. Read up, ask questions, look/handle/examine the real McCoy..and of course, buy the seller ..plus its always good to add knowledge..you learn everyday..like how I missed the gold knob on that fiddy hand..great catch there bro...

Comment

Don't get so jumpy.
                            I have done this for over 40 sale & purchase trades.

Not everyone will back out from the repairs, servicing & replacement quoted.
                            Some seller & buyer would like to proceed.
                            Half of e time, my buyer or seller would agree to proceed with the quoted repair.

The reason why Richemont discontinued the authentication service is because they want to put a stop to the practice of bad condition watches from being authenticated, and more importantly, ensure that they earn more profits when owner/buyer/seller agree to the quoted repairs & service.

Don't worrie about Richemont uncovering this plot as they are well aware of this since before some of us here worn a mechanical watch.

Pls call Richemont & ask them if this is what they want or don't want before you try to accuse me of encouraging this to up my sale.
                            FYI I have nothing to sell for almost half a year.

I am merely here to relay & share my personal experience that Richemont has nothing to lose as not everyone will back out and this is what they want.
                            Pls call Richemont & confirm what I say here.

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                              Maybe the discontinuation of the authentication service somehow affects him directly..like his sales...I'm just sayin'...I still think that buyers should really do their homework. Read up, ask questions, look/handle/examine the real McCoy..and of course, buy the seller ..plus its always good to add knowledge..you learn everyday..like how I missed the gold knob on that fiddy hand..great catch there bro...
                              We all learn from each other. That's the most interesting part of collecting. More fulfilling to learn and use one's knowledge then to just pay people to do for you. I seldom hear of people from p.com needing to get AD or service centre to authenticate to close deal. Knowledge on both seller and buyer is your best assurance.
                              For info, I have personally found a certain service centre issue authentication receipt to a wrong period piece, and refuse to authenticate a piece that is 100% real (checked by 2 other watermarker) just because they could not see one of the serial number clearly.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X