David lane straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David lane straps

Hi all,anyone bought straps from david lane designs? Any input? Thanks.
    AP ROO Rubens Barrichello II in Ti
    Ap ROO "Kill Bill"
    Ap ROO Rose Gold Rubberclad
    Pam 359M

sigpic

I picked up red-brown French ammo from David. Excellent communication. Presentation wise, comes in the wooden box as seen on Martin Wilmsen's site... But no freebies as compared to wotancraft, whom I believe package with keyrings and stuff like that.

Only catch that its pricey - I opted for the in-house steel buckle, and once shipping factored in the price is really oomph.. Was it worth it? Well, I don't have much to benchmark against right now (its my first ammo strap), so I can only catalogue the things I like - e.g. how he sent high-res pictures of the ammo pouch he used, and the final product, before mailing the strap. And the strap is solid stuff- I don't have many to compare against, but its thick, robust and the stitching looks/feels great. Not to mention that for a French ammo, the color bucks the trend of the usual painted 'mustards' that you usually see in the market.

Thickness needs some breaking in (mine clocked in at 5mm), but the ammo leather is seriously tough which isn't a bad thing - I've worn it for a week and there's no buckle imprints at the hole area at all. None!

Refuse to pay exorbitant prices for a Kev/BigB ammo. But have checked out Simona, Septimus and Zeugma straps - maybe I'll do a comparative review when I pick up more of these beauties in time to come..

Comment

Beautiful strap there
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
        I picked up red-brown French ammo from David. Excellent communication. Presentation wise, comes in the wooden box as seen on Martin Wilmsen's site... But no freebies as compared to wotancraft, whom I believe package with keyrings and stuff like that.

Only catch that its pricey - I opted for the in-house steel buckle, and once shipping factored in the price is really oomph.. Was it worth it? Well, I don't have much to benchmark against right now (its my first ammo strap), so I can only catalogue the things I like - e.g. how he sent high-res pictures of the ammo pouch he used, and the final product, before mailing the strap. And the strap is solid stuff- I don't have many to compare against, but its thick, robust and the stitching looks/feels great. Not to mention that for a French ammo, the color bucks the trend of the usual painted 'mustards' that you usually see in the market.

Thickness needs some breaking in (mine clocked in at 5mm), but the ammo leather is seriously tough which isn't a bad thing - I've worn it for a week and there's no buckle imprints at the hole area at all. None!

Refuse to pay exorbitant prices for a Kev/BigB ammo. But have checked out Simona, Septimus and Zeugma straps - maybe I'll do a comparative review when I pick up more of these beauties in time to come..

Awesome strap.Just ordered a brushed chestnut leather strap!
        Ap ROO "Kill Bill"
        Pam 359M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mesmeral View Post
          Awesome strap.Just ordered a brushed chestnut leather strap!
          Which PAM model will the strap be on? I am very tempted to get the brushed espresso.. for my PAM 111.

Comment

Originally posted by FVTPL View Post
            Which PAM model will the strap be on? I am very tempted to get the brushed espresso.. for my PAM 111.
            Its either my Pam 000 or Pam 359
            Ap ROO "Kill Bill"
            Pam 359M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mesmeral View Post
              Its either my Pam 000 or Pam 359
              When are your straps arriving? Looking forward to see how they look on your watches!!!

Comment

FYI David's website states the wait time to be 4-6 weeks. This was unfortunately extremely accurate in my case, as it took just about 6 weeks to arrive in my hands. Don't you just love these long excruciating waits...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X