The popularity of subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
    If it helps, my wrist size is 6.5", and that's if I wrap the measuring tape around my wrist loosely.. Pull tight, about 6.3-6.4"... Actually, its good motivation to train at the gym cuz if you've got some size, pencil wrists won't mean anything in the overall scheme of things
    I disagree, I know what I like in looking at a man and it is not someone wearing an oversized watch becuase he has a small "ego". From knowing my husband's wrist size it take a minimum of a 7.5 in wrist to pull off a Panerai Sub.

Comment

^ mine's about 6.5 as well, im overall 75kg @ 178cm just that my wrists are pencil thin..hahah

big watches are my thing but not too big..
      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
        I disagree, I know what I like in looking at a man and it is not someone wearing an oversized watch becuase he has a small "ego". From knowing my husband's wrist size it take a minimum of a 7.5 in wrist to pull off a Panerai Sub.
        Im sure Ernie, money cant buy taste and physique..i feel you..LOL

I think a rugged watch needs a some attitude to pull off too.
        Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
          nope so far my tritium dials n hands are intact. interesting to see how the patina develops differently with different dials. here are some pics.

Leeye my frd, you are evil...LOL in a good way..nice collection there!
          Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Always loved PAM subs man.. 2 of my current favorites in my collection, 187 and 305:

What's in the box:
            • Patek Philippe 5726A
            • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
            • Panerai 187 Subzilla
            • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Interesting, am 173, 85kgs with 6.75" wrists and have no issues with 47mm PAMs and subs. I am pretty heavyset and though the wrist is 6.75" it depends also on how "wide" it is on the top side I'd have to say. So would have to disagree with your 7.5" minimum

@leeye: Lovely 243 & 087. Weird looking 177 though.
              Current COLLECTION
              Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post

@leeye: Lovely 243 & 087. Weird looking 177 though.
                i'll second that.. love the 87.. though something seems amiss with the 177 and 196 (on bracelet).. got more closeups?
                What's in the box:
                • Patek Philippe 5726A
                • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Originally posted by burnz View Post
                  i'll second that.. love the 87.. though something seems amiss with the 177 and 196 (on bracelet).. got more closeups?
                  burnz, i like your collection a lot. the 187 is one of my fav.

the 196 is on an aftermarket bracelet. just something i'm toying around with since i've no intention to buy the original bracelet. the 177 is not my fav becoz it is manual winding (which i dislike). what is amiss?

the oris is currently my daily wear. the power reserve indicator is useful.

Comment

I think the 177 looks perfect to me, perhaps its the Ti case.
                    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                      Quite a bit is wrong actually.

leeye, PMed you about it.
                      Current COLLECTION
                      Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                        For a start, I would suggest paying closer attention to the the 177 dial, and also the crownguard and pin..
                        What's in the box:
                        • Patek Philippe 5726A
                        • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                        • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. Will look into it.

Comment

Homage??
                            Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                              burnz, i like your collection a lot. the 187 is one of my fav.

the 196 is on an aftermarket bracelet. just something i'm toying around with since i've no intention to buy the original bracelet. the 177 is not my fav becoz it is manual winding (which i dislike). what is amiss?
                              thanks mate.. have sent you a PM to share some thoughts..
                              What's in the box:
                              • Patek Philippe 5726A
                              • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                              • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Naturally, I respectfully disagree...

I read plenty of such feedback on various watch fora, which resulted in alot of dissonance when ordering my Fondale. Spent the 3 month waiting period wondering if I was gonna end up with an alarm clock on my wrist. When it finally arrived, I saw it and loved it - plus, I hit the weightstack on a daily basis so size isn't a big issue. (in any case, there's nothing you can do to increase wrist size - trust me cuz I've been trying )

At the end of the day, I figure you should gun for what sings out to you, opinions be damned. I took that gamble and in turned out so much better than I thought it might -I've gotten plenty of complements not only on the Ennebi, but that it totally suits my build and persona.

A wrist shot can only show you so much. As Unregistered pointed out, you gotta look at the overall picture

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X