Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is OOR, special edition, limited edition, ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
    Bro ender, isnt the shadow has no s/no so it is not even limited at all? doesnt this means not worthy than the actual ones with serial?
    Majority have voted OOR out now, shadows and ghosts are still disputing which is better to keep.
    How about the box for these edtions?
    OOR, shadows, ghosts and limited all comes in usual box wit screwdriver and extra rubber strap.
    Special editions comes big box, scrolls , have extra strap and screw driver too, also have a key to lock and unlock the box.
    Boutique edition no extra strap and screwdriver comes in smaller box.
    Even box also make me headache and need many research to understand.
    OOR vs Shadow vs Ghost.. which one more collectable?
    For me, best chance is a Shadow on the basis that it is an authentic Panerai product, and a prototype with distinctive features not duplicated in subsequent issues e.g. if there is a 203 'Shadow' out there that is 44mm with painted dial... I will sure go for it.
    To me, OOR's no big deal e.g. so what if you have #1939 or 1940 of the SE 232, whose official run is 1938 pieces? Is #1939 or 1940 any different from any of the #1 to #1938 232? As to a Ghost, say the Pam 237 that has a run of 400 pieces that somehow did not made it to the official catelogue, I don't see why I would be paying a premium for it.

As some of the members have already pointed out, OOR vs Shadow vs Ghost vs Lucky Serial No vs Funky Nickname vs whatever, is really a distraction, the main thing is to grab the watch you love (whether Pam or something else). If you don't love it, you will not wear it, and your watch will be but a expensive display piece.
    Have fun!
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X