Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is OOR, special edition, limited edition, ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is OOR, special edition, limited edition, ghost?

I notice only Panerais use these few terms.

OOR
    Is it right to say they are spares left over to create another similar watch?
    So the value is more than the original piece made or lesser?

Special edition
    Is it more expensive and is one time production and never get to see again?
    the retail usually cost more than regular productions? In long terms will the value be better?

Limited edtion
    Is a regular productions and means number of watches made for this series but it is not fix and could be even more productions next series?

Ghost
    Is it pre launch specimens before the actual productions starts thus does not have serial numbers ? Is it very collectable as it seems rarer?

Please help as i am confused
    you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
    I notice only Panerais use these few terms.

OOR
    Is it right to say they are spares left over to create another similar watch?
    So the value is more than the original piece made or lesser?

Special edition
    Is it more expensive and is one time production and never get to see again?
    the retail usually cost more than regular productions? In long terms will the value be better?

Limited edtion
    Is a regular productions and means number of watches made for this series but it is not fix and could be even more productions next series?

Ghost
    Is it pre launch specimens before the actual productions starts thus does not have serial numbers ? Is it very collectable as it seems rarer?

Please help as i am confused
    One word to describe all the above mentionsGimmick !! Just be happy & buy what it sing to u dude I only trust my heart "

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
      One word to describe all the above mentionsGimmick !! Just be happy & buy what it sing to u dude I only trust my heart "
      Can't agree more.
      Strange why people pay more for left overs than the original. Or pay more for a ghost/shadow with no serial than the normal but slash price/interest for a missing sticker. Maybe the fakes factories in china should focus on making ghost fakes, less to worry about serial.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        Can't agree more.
        Strange why people pay more for left overs than the original. Or pay more for a ghost/shadow with no serial than the normal but slash price/interest for a missing sticker. Maybe the fakes factories in china should focus on making ghost fakes, less to worry about serial.
        The answer is a very simple because ppl are rich and lots of spare $$$$ and don't know what to spend......

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post
          The answer is a very simple because ppl are rich and lots of spare $$$$ and don't know what to spend......
          Tis is a Sub forum delicate for Pam lover" Tis are watches costing thousands of dollars.
          I love my pams , i'm not rich , i dun have spare $$$$. I still keep chasing after my next best !! kekeke

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
            Tis is a Sub forum delicate for Pam lover" Tis are watches costing thousands of dollars.
            I love my pams , i'm not rich , i dun have spare $$$$. I still keep chasing after my next best !! kekeke
            Thats show you are well-to-do in Pam forum....hehe

Comment

my 2 cents views are my personal view only below

OOR out of range models are like addtional money to the pockets of Panerai.

Limited editions are gimmicks like bro johnfish stated , you never know when it will stop for example pam 0, 5, 88 etc seems to be indifinite limited productions.

Ghost models without s/no are weird, never know how many were produced and like bro Kuchinku mentioned are more vulnerable to fakes.

Special edition seems to be more interesting to me at least, you know how many were produced, once all sold out and you can hardly lay your hands on it again but the rarity also cause the price to be high side.

I also notice certain models are regular productions but cost more than special edtions, some historic old designs are more expensive than brand new.

Some special edition like pam127, 217 have 1500 made and they cost an arm and leg to buy. Pam249 and 232 made nearly 2000 pieces each and they command a premium till today.

So it seems like a special edition can hold its value well?
              The lesser the production the more valueable?
              Or shall we just choose a model that goes with our heart rather then follow the values of the models?
              I like something that is more equisite and not many people owns.

Comment

I'm getting too confusing , A limited Edition & Special Edition should work the same IMO. They should only produce on a single run & that it " For Limted Production is an on going but in limted annual series OOR is a peice of **** twist & shout found by OP " LOL !!

Comment

As I am a newie,I always go with my heart rather than what's on ppl minds mentioned like special,limited or OOR editions!Next, do check with yr Pamie friends' who own it,seek advices or check with Dealers but the final decisions still lay with u,my 3 cents info 

Comment

Did i left out the Ghost " No thnx I'm only human & need no ghost pam But do enjoy listening ghost stories. LOL !!!

Comment

Yes..if going by desirability...highest to lowest

Special edition or limited edition (to me the mean the same) - eg 127, 217, 203 etc

By a few margin lower...

Oor (some very large some smaller) - eg 92, 232 (oor also appears in SE)
                      Shadow/ghost - eg 55

I won't even pay as much as normal for ghost and same as normal for OOR.

Limited production - all pams are LP! I rest my case. But some LP are a little more special - 190, long arrow 5, 183G

Comment

OOR can be found in tis true DNA historic model: 127, 249,232 (Come complete SE box set found in AD or OP boutique)
                        A ghost 232 was also found in middle east 2years ago ( only a watch , no box , no paper)

Comment

Guys, I believe a prototype is called a "shadow" while "ghost" refer to an actual production model e.g PAM301k that does not appear in the official product catalogue for that year and the following year. I know for sure (since I asked OP directly) that you can get the millesimation for a "ghost" model and even the reason why it is not in the product catalogue...

Just my 2 cents and again I defer to all the sifus here...

Comment

So abang zam explanation is
                            shadow is prototype no s/no,made before actual production to test market.
                            ghost not in catalogue but have s/no, reason being catalogue printed before models are out.
                            oor are addtional pieces with s/no after production runs out because got extra spares to create some more.
                            limited edition is indefinite limited many series, have s/no but might suddenly stop production
                            special edition is like limited but only produce one series with giantic box and scroll.
                            i have some understanding now.

Sorry again found out another terminology call boutique edtion? so only sell at that boutique? have s/no, can be limited with few series or stop suddenly without warning. Boutique edition comes in usual standard box and imust fly to that boutique to q overnight to get.

kapala sagit. What will panerai come out next?

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                              Guys, I believe a prototype is called a "shadow" while "ghost" refer to an actual production model e.g PAM301k that does not appear in the official product catalogue for that year and the following year. I know for sure (since I asked OP directly) that you can get the millesimation for a "ghost" model and even the reason why it is not in the product catalogue...

Just my 2 cents and again I defer to all the sifus here...
                              Yes. Zameen. You are right. To me, both again are gimmicky.
                              Phototype/shadow should Noe be there, else there should be there for every model. Do we see prototype cars sold as production?
                              Ghost are even more gimmicky. Why produce something and then don't include in the official line-up and sell it. And why would this make it more collectible?
                              These things puzzle me.
                              IMO, there should only be regular production(ok to be limited to certain quantity) and special editions. No other gimmicks like ghost, shadow and OOR.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X