Which PAM to choose with budget of $10,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric View Post
    I have always been fascinated by the 233 for it's beauty. However was told by a PI last week that 233 is slowly losing it's appeal resulting in a gradual slide in it's resale price. I'm new to Panerai, therefore was puzzled by his comment.

Noticed that 233 price have never breached the $12K mark. In your opinion, will this beauty eventually come close to the $10k mark? Or will it be discontinued soon making it a collectible piece

Oh another question, is a K series 233 complete priced at $12300 reasonable?

Regards
    A gradual slide in resale price does not equate "losing appeal". It's more about the demand and supply of it. Your observation is not wrong. The 233 is highly unlikely to go close to the $10K mark. Discontinued soon, and becoming a collectible piece? That's anybody's guess.

Oh yes, $12,300 for a 'K' series (complete) is reasonable.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think 12.3k is alright. Given the weak USD, you should be able to snag a better deal from trusted overseas dealers on risti if you are comfortable dealing with them. I usually ship my purchases to my bro in NY and he brings the watches back for me whenever he comes back every few months.
      What's in the box:
      • Patek Philippe 5726A
      • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
      • Panerai 187 Subzilla
      • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Just to add, seriously, at the end of the day, buy what you like.

If you want to consider watches as an investment, then you end up making life difficult for yourself. Future resale value is always anybody's guess. I've made some good money on watches I bought before, and lost a good amount too. I'd like to think it's a zero sum game.

The value and pleasure I derive from watch collecting is in appreciating the mechanical beauty and history of a watch/brand on my wrist whenever I look for the time, and am also thankful for the many strangers-become-friends I've made over my years indulging in this hobby.
        What's in the box:
        • Patek Philippe 5726A
        • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
        • Panerai 187 Subzilla
        • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Pam 233 was on the front page (right-hand corner) of Business Times today.
          Wat a sexy watch!
          My humble beginning:
          Ball - Conductor (SE), Rolex - Green Sub LV (Alpha-numeric series), Omega - PO XL & Pam - 351 (M-series)

Dream watch:
          It is a tough choice between IWC IW500114 and IW500109.
          [url]http://www.iwcportugieser.com/en/[/url]
          [url]http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/portuguese/IW5001/[/url]

Comment

233 is a real beauty. Bought it in this forum from a very nice chap 2 weeks ago for $13K. It is a L series from a local AD purchase in end July 2010. Do not know if it is a good deal but I am very happy with the watch!

Comment

Hmm, looks like i got to hold my horses for a while and see which model still smiles at me.

Still cannot take my eyes off a 233

Thanks Bros and Gurus for the advise.

Comment

for the used Pam 233,the price is reasonable and a catch too from my personal view. Next, the look is like a master piece of Pam,my 2 cents info

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mercury View Post
                  Pam 233 was on the front page (right-hand corner) of Business Times today.
                  Wat a sexy watch!
                  I agree, see liao got a instant HARD ON. :X

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
                    I agree, see liao got a instant HARD ON. :X
                    err...rr didn't know that the reaction on your body can be so strong lei
                    My humble beginning:
                    Ball - Conductor (SE), Rolex - Green Sub LV (Alpha-numeric series), Omega - PO XL & Pam - 351 (M-series)

Dream watch:
                    It is a tough choice between IWC IW500114 and IW500109.
                    [url]http://www.iwcportugieser.com/en/[/url]
                    [url]http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/portuguese/IW5001/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mercury View Post
                      err...rr didn't know that the reaction on your body can be so strong lei
                      kekekeke.....

Comment

The 233 without a doubt... I got mine here at a very very good price of 12k and the beauty can with two brand new straps on top of the original straps. The watch has to come to you!

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                          The 233 without a doubt... I got mine here at a very very good price of 12k and the beauty can with two brand new straps on top of the original straps. The watch has to come to you!
                          That a very good price indeed!!!

Comment

Yes yes I remember u r the luckiest wif best reward ..... I pay 1.1k more leh no goodies bag included leh"

Comment

That's really an amazing deal!
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X